PDA

View Full Version : Gluten-Free at Counter Service Restaurants

DisneyFan1979
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
A member of my traveling party is trying to avoid gluten. She doesn't have an allergy, just too much gluten doesn't agree with her system. At counter-service restaurants (I've read in other threads the list of which ones) is it a problem to ask to substitute a gluten-free bun? We don't need the chef to come out or for anything to be prepared separately--like they do for those with allergies. I just know she won't want to cause delay or hassle since it doesn't rise to the level of a life-threatening allergy. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Strmchsr
02-20-2013, 10:07 AM
That's not a problem at all. At the counter just let the CM know you need gluten-free choices and they can let you know what's available.

debbymc4
02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
We have done that. Sometimes there is a small delay because they may have to defrost the bun. Otherwise, it's fine.

mommaoftwins+1
02-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Has anyone HAD the gluten free buns there? We will be going for the first time in November, and this is something that I've been wondering?? I just go bun-less a lot of places because the options at most regular restaurants are bad or non-existant. Can anyone attest to what thy really taste like? Thanks!:confused:

Strmchsr
02-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Can anyone attest to what thy really taste like? Thanks!:confused:

One of my good friends has to stay gluten free. I tried a bite of his and it didn't taste bad to me at all. He has seemed very satisfied with Disney's gluten free offerings.

debbymc4
02-21-2013, 03:23 PM
It was fine.