PDA

View Full Version : Must do's with 4 and 3 year old boys?

ToraTory
02-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Greetings,

I've never traveled with boys (these are my grandsons, I had girls) and with children this young. I know we will need lots of down time for naps and melt downs, etc. But, what would you say are the must dos for boys ages 3 and 4? :mickey:

thanks -- tory

BigRedDad
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Playgrounds. Know where they are because they need to be able to play some and not just run from attraction to attraction. All parks have at least 1.

As far as attractions go, it is pretty much everything you would expect:

MK: All of FL, some of Adventureland, some of Tomorrowland.

Epcot: For kids this age, it can be hit or miss. If you do WS, do the Kidcot activities. Try Agent P. They can do most of the front of the park.

DHS: Most of it can be fun. Just no RnRC, ToT.

AK: They will probably love this park. They can do almost everything and will probably love it all, especially the animals.

Tinksalot
02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Do they watch Disney Junior? My 2 1/2 year old grandson loves Mickey Mouse clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates etc. If so, I would definately take them to Hollywood Studios to see Disney Junior-Live on stage.

Pirate Granny
02-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Not sure there is a playground at EPCOT, except during the flower show. MK is a water theme...and you WILL get wet. Studios and AK have wonderful playgrounds

Tinksalot
02-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Not sure of your travel dates, but EPCOT has a temporary playground for the Flower and Garden Festival called "Oz: The great and powerful playground".

1goofyfamily
02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
My 3 boys have all been at this age and we've had different experiences. 2 have loved absolutely everything even Tower of Terror and 1 was more timid but still had tons of fun. Keep in mind the 3 yr old might not be tall enough for everything 40 inches will get them on most things. But all 3 of ours loved every thing at MK especially Splash Mtn & Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (still do), AK was fun for them though the their attention span varied so much with the shows. DHS - all 3 loved it here though with Star Tours we had 2 love it 1 not so much at the time. EPCOT - The Seas with Nemo was always a hit (even before Nemo) The Land may not hold their interest, they loved doing the Kidcot activities and when we would go around Christmas they enjoyed each countries story of Christmas. But make sure you see any and all parades & fireworks...can't go wrong with those.

faline
02-19-2013, 07:18 PM
It's really hard to provide a list of must-dos for kids this age. What they think is terrific today might be terrifying next week. I'd suggest just going with the flow to determine what is of interest to them. What helped with my pre-schooler nephew (who turned out to be much more of a daredevil than I thought he would be) was the ability to bring up clips of the various rides on his dad's smart phone. Once he saw what the ride / show was about, he could decide if it was something he did or did not want to do.

With two who might have vastly different likes, you might need to think about splitting up to take each to something he likes/wants to do.

Don't try to rush to the rides - kids sometimes enjoy the "free" things in the parks as much, if not more than the rides/attractions - water play areas and as mentioned playgrounds.

If they like characters, keep in mind it can be quite time consuming to visit the desired characters.

I would definitely plan some down time back at your resort where the kids can play, enjoy some quiet time and/or visit the pools.