PDA

View Full Version : New Downtown Disney Plans... Again...Disney Springs

DizneyFreak2002
02-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Today, a Disney fan blog who does tend to get decent inside information, has posted a new, detailed plan for Downtown Disney... Including a name change...

The entire area will get a facelift... First, Downtown Disney's name will be changed to "Disney Springs"... Disney Springs will be comprised of six "neighborhoods"... These neighborhoods would be called: The Gateway, The Town Center, The Springs, The Landing, The West Side, and The Village Marketplace...

The Gateway: The entrance to Disney Springs.. In other words, the parking lot... A five level parking garage will be build, rumored to be on the site where parking lots C and D currently are...Lots A to H will be removed in order to create the parking garage infrastructure and bigger bus stop area...

The Town Center is rumored to be built where parking lots E through G... New retail will be included in The Town Center...

The Springs is being described as a peaceful area along the waterfront, a walkway basically, located between the waterfront and the former Pleasure Island...

Cross the bridge and you then enter The Landing... The Landing is where guests will encounter new dining/drinking establishments, new retail stores, and views of Village Lake... A new amphitheater is planned to be added next to Paradiso 37...

The West Side and Village Marketplace will remain virtually the same... Rumored is Planet Hollywood getting a name change to The Observatory and losing its body of water.. also a new Starbucks location will replace Wetzel's Pretzels... An overhead railway (theme only!!!!) will be constructed from Disney Quest, following the path to the new Starbucks... The only change tyo Village Marketplace will be the current bus pick up and drop offs... They will become two new retail stores... Oh, and a new bridge will be built to connect to Saratoga Springs....

Phase 1 plans were filed yesterday with SFWMD... These plans are only the beginning, to take care of the necessary groundwater infrastructure that will be needed for the new DTD... In case you are wondering,. SFWMD stands for South Florida Water Management District... There website can be found here: http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/sfwmdmain/home%20page

Sounds ambitious (but please, as always, with Disney, take as a rumor until things actually OPEN LOL)... Hyperion Whiff kind of sounded better... But, who knows? Maybe this is the shot in the arm DTD needs... Only time will tell if these plans wind up being the final project, or how much gets cut (as always)...

Crow
02-16-2013, 01:42 PM
thanks for the info....
idk...:confused:
more shops.

GAN
02-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I suppose any news is good news - but I agree with Freak, Hyperion's plans were more interesting to me.

DizneyRox
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like they are really only putting in a parking garage. The rest sounds like they are planning on filling existing empty buildings by changing a sign or two.

DizneyFreak2002
02-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like they are really only putting in a parking garage. The rest sounds like they are planning on filling existing empty buildings by changing a sign or two.

More third party vendors more than likely, if they can get them... I look at this as nothing more than a strip mall...

EDIT: They supposedly do have a full roster of third party vendors signed, sealed, and delivered to the new DTD... Guess we just sit back and wait to see how many new vendors, who the vendors are, and how much of the above is actually realized, and what winds up changed...

jillluvsdisney
02-16-2013, 05:21 PM
They desperately need more parking for the Marketplace area.

Melanie
02-16-2013, 05:25 PM
I see nothing wrong with these RUMORED plans. Fixing the parking and bus situation would be very welcome, and some more vendors/restaurants would be great, IMO. That's what DTD is...a place to shop and eat. And I don't have a problem with renaming the areas if it ties it all together better. I just hope for something, anything to breath some life into the place.

I will say I am on Twitter a lot, and although I saw this post this morning, the user is no one I've ever heard of. Hopefully they are 'in the know'.

SBETigg
02-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I have nothing to add except that I'm currently so obsessed with Downton Abbey that I read this as Downton Disney and that was a whole new amazing train of thought.

DizneyFreak2002
02-16-2013, 08:11 PM
I see nothing wrong with these RUMORED plans. Fixing the parking and bus situation would be very welcome, and some more vendors/restaurants would be great, IMO. That's what DTD is...a place to shop and eat. And I don't have a problem with renaming the areas if it ties it all together better. I just hope for something, anything to breath some life into the place.

I will say I am on Twitter a lot, and although I saw this post this morning, the user is no one I've ever heard of. Hopefully they are 'in the know'.

They are members of another Orlando theme park based site, and seem to get decent information... But, as you said, they are rumors after all... Hence the name of their blog :)

And some other insiders elsewhere have said these are similar plans they have heard about, and one said 90% of this has been green lit... The names of the areas seem to be a topic of debate as to whether they are legit or not... Including the name Disney Springs...

FLKatie912
02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't mind a name change - they've changed the name successfully before from Disney Village to Downtown Disney! I think the name Downtown Disney gives it the "edgier" name that people want to go there to look for night life. I think that Downtown Disney is considered "night life" with their current offerings (dining, movies, bowling,etc), HOWEVER it's not what the average tourist things of judging by how I see people dressed down there. I think people think it's a Disney version of Universal's CityWalk which it is not.

Just a thought! (but I don't necessary think "Disney Springs" is a great name.)

ANG
02-18-2013, 07:53 AM
More parking would be great. We never seem to get a decent spot when we visit.

Quadstriker
02-18-2013, 12:09 PM

Well, it's better than "Shopping Land"

hauntedmansiongirl
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
If only the comedy club and The Adventurer's Club were part of these plans! Kungaloosh my friends! :cool:

caryrae
02-18-2013, 05:16 PM

First thing I thought of when I saw that name was "Radiator Springs".

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2013, 06:45 PM
First thing I thought of when I saw that name was "Radiator Springs".

I thought Disney's Retirement Community: Disney Springs...

Lacy
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM

I had similar thoughts - not a great name but in general the plans sound like necessary improvements.

Crow
02-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Well, it's better than "Shopping Land" but its basically wat it is

If only the comedy club and The Adventurer's Club were part of these plans! Kungaloosh my friends! :cool:

I agree. was just talking to someone about the clubs and they couldnt believe they were all gone

wildernesslady
02-19-2013, 08:02 AM

I thought it was because of Saratoga Springs being next door. Why change the name?

Ian
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
I guess if this is all they want for Downtown Disney then it's okay. I, personally, would prefer something a bit more than a big strip mall/outlet area ... it used to be something so much more ... but this appears to be the direction they want for the area so I guess it is what it is.

:sleepin:

DizneyFreak2002
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I thought it was because of Saratoga Springs being next door. Why change the name?

would assume they want to change the name to brand it something different... I don't know... Some of those who are "in the know" said they don't think Disney Springs will be the name they finally decide on, that it was the working name as the plans were being developed...

I see no reason why they cannot just leave it Downtown Disney... Disney Springs reeks of laziness and no creativity...

TheVBs
02-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I always thought that Downtown Disney (which I prefer over "Disney Springs") was meant to be shopping and restaurants, like Melanie mentioned. I'm always a little confused when people are disappointed that more/different shops and restaurants are coming. I get that there were a couple of clubs there that people liked. I can understand being disappointed that they're gone. Is that where the disappointment is coming from, that they're not returning or putting new clubs in? Otherwise, what am I missing? :confused:

ChipNDale79
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
I always thought that Downtown Disney (which I prefer over "Disney Springs") was meant to be shopping and restaurants, like Melanie mentioned. I'm always a little confused when people are disappointed that more/different shops and restaurants are coming. I get that there were a couple of clubs there that people liked. I can understand being disappointed that they're gone. Is that where the disappointment is coming from, that they're not returning or putting new clubs in? Otherwise, what am I missing? :confused:

I would like to have something to do after the parks close, depending on what time of the year you go the parks they can sometimes close early. We've been on a trip in February before we had kids and all the parks were closed by 9, this was also after Pleasure Island closed. So I can understand the lack of a place to relax a little bit.

We have a plenty of shopping malls here, so adding more shopping just isnt that big of a deal to us.

DizneyFreak2002
02-20-2013, 11:05 AM

DTD originally started with the Marketplace, a venue for shops and restaurants... Then they decided to add Pleasure Island, a place where adults can go and enjoy nightlife... Pleasure Island was their answer to Church Street... Adults were leaving property to enjoy night life elsewhere...

Pleasure Island was a huge success, until Disney decided toddlers had to be their main audience.. So, they remove the gates, allowed families into the area, and sealed the deal for PI to sink... The disappointment comes from a lack of night life on property...

DTD has become an outdoor strip mall... What do they call these areas now, life style malls or something like that? The plan is ambitious since it remakes pretty much the entire DTD area, but at the same time, it is boring... Zzzzz to more restaurants and stores I can visit at my local mall...

Hammer
02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
We have a plenty of shopping malls here, so adding more shopping just isnt that big of a deal to us.

I have plenty of shopping options where I live as well, from low to very high end, but I still like to go and take a few hours to shop and enjoy Downtown Disney.

In fact, almost anything I can buy or eat at Disney I can get here in my area. What I like is I have so many options available to me in a concentrated space and I just hop on a monorail, boat or bus to get there. It is all part of the experience for me. I don't get a chance to just take the time and browse unless I'm on vacation.

Melanie
02-20-2013, 01:41 PM
it is boring... Zzzzz to more restaurants and stores I can visit at my local mall...

Not boring to me, as I really enjoy DTD. So again, IF these rumors are true, and they are looking to spruce the place up, I'm all for it.

waymickey
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Parking Garage :ack: I hate them. Ugly and a nightmare to navigate. Got cornered in one just this week when a genius parked in the lane and made a dead end . Had to do a very tight K turn while my DD made faces.

Grizz16
02-22-2013, 05:05 AM
Eh, as far as I'm concerned, as long as Cirque du Soleil and the AMC theater aren't affected, Disney can change whatever.

DizneyFreak2002
03-05-2013, 10:26 PM
One of the rumored new stores: Sephora...

TinkerbellT421
03-05-2013, 10:29 PM
One of the rumored new stores: Sephora...

The make up store? Kinda figured as much with disney new make up line...

DizneyFreak2002
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
The make up store? Kinda figured as much with disney new make up line...

Yep, someone released a list of vendors Disney was working with or trying to get on board for Downtown Disney, um, I mean Disney Springs Retirement Community (cause that is what this name reminds me of LOL)...

The leaked concept art (if it is REAL Disney concept art) shows what does amount to a lifestyle mall... Lots of water features, a bridge or two, some updates to the marina, and overhead coverings for shade...

Either rail road tracks or a train car jets out from Adventurers Club... BET and another club building looks like they are removed...

Here is a list that was leaked as to the vendors for DTD, some already there:

Apple
Topshop/Topman
Lego (already there)
Uni QLO
American Girl
Coca-Cola (I'm guessing a coca-cola store???)
Kiehl's
Marvel (this is interesting, possibly a comic book store??? If this is the case there is only one real way to go for that JAY AND SILENT BOB'S SECRET STASH... end game!)
DNA
Dior
Superdry (there is a word above it but the picture is very blurry)
Marbles
Make
Paul Frank
Jamie and Jack
Cole Haan
Coach
Bershka
Five
New Balance
The Edison
Splitsville (already there)
Argo tea
Boathouse
Shake Shack
Temecula Olive Oil Company
Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki bar
Food Network (no idea)
Powell's
Raglan Road (already there)

There are more vendors on the list but again, the picture isn't so good so I cannot make a lot of them out... Doubtful all of them will be on board, there is limited space.. HOWEVER, they are also looking into an expansion down the line... So, who knows?

Oh and there are a few stores with generic Disney names: Walt's Place, Disney Burger (some people speculate this may wind up Burger 21 (and replace that Pollo chicken place, yea I keep forgetting the name and I'm too lazy too look it up right now LOL), Disney Character Dining, D-Tech,...

DizneyFreak2002
03-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Could an announcement be coming tomorrow regarding this DTD expansion?????? I think we have to tune in and see....

azcavalier
03-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Oh and there are a few stores with generic Disney names: Walt's Place, Disney Burger (some people speculate this may wind up Burger 21 (and replace that Pollo chicken place, yea I keep forgetting the name and I'm too lazy too look it up right now LOL), Disney Character Dining, D-Tech,...

That would be "Pollo Campero". Anyone looking for a direct translation, well, i'm not sure. "Pollo" is Chicken. "Campo" is field. A "Campero" would be someone who lives/spends a lot of time in a field. So, "Free Range Chicken" maybe?

In any case, when I lived in Central America 20 years ago, Pollo Campero was huge. Not surprised to see them in the states at this point. Basically a latin american KFC.

Ms. Mode
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Well, we always seem to gravitate to DTD for one afternoon or evening of every trip. We go for two stores; the big emporium and the pin station...and that's it. Earl of Sandwich is good, and we recently tried Portabello and liked it but really DTD just kinda bores me. :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM
That would be "Pollo Campero". Anyone looking for a direct translation, well, i'm not sure. "Pollo" is Chicken. "Campo" is field. A "Campero" would be someone who lives/spends a lot of time in a field. So, "Free Range Chicken" maybe?

In any case, when I lived in Central America 20 years ago, Pollo Campero was huge. Not surprised to see them in the states at this point. Basically a latin american KFC.

Yes, that's the name of it... :)

Didn't care much for the place to be honest... When I tried it, I thought it was rather blah, nothing to get excited over... And the place was pretty dead, but I also went a little earlier that dinner time so that could have been a good reason...

As for today's announcement, the announcement was scheduled for this morning but the weather in central Florida is not cooperating, so they may delay...

azcavalier
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Didn't care much for the place to be honest... When I tried it, I thought it was rather blah, nothing to get excited over... And the place was pretty dead, but I also went a little earlier that dinner time so that could have been a good reason...

I can't even remember what it's like. I'm not about to go to the one at DTD. When i'm at WDW, I want to take advantage of all the great dining option. Pollo Campero is at the bottom of that list (as was McDonalds when it was there). Why in the world would I have a meal at Pollo Campero, when Earl of Sandwich is almost next door? And Bollos?

DizneyFreak2002
03-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I can't even remember what it's like. I'm not about to go to the one at DTD. When i'm at WDW, I want to take advantage of all the great dining option. Pollo Campero is at the bottom of that list (as was McDonalds when it was there). Why in the world would I have a meal at Pollo Campero, when Earl of Sandwich is almost next door? And Bollos?

Agreed with Earl... I always get Earl the day I arrive, and a few times during the stay... My friend and I felt like trying Pollo's one night and regretted it afterward LOL...

BriarR
03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I miss AC so much :( but Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar looks awesome
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland-hotel/trader-sams/

And I love the thought of getting my Kungaloosh back :beer:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/07/review-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar/ :thumbsup:

KiNg4aDaY
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
I would like to see them put an adult area back into DD. I loved Pleasure Island and went there often. Mannequins was my home away from home when I was a CM. Now I will have to go into Orlando or Universal for night clubs.

With that said I am all for turning the Westside into more trendy shops and name brands. I think the Disney shops belong over in the Marketplace.

From what I have seen of the plans for DD I like it. What I don't like is the name change. Dowtown Disney just has the name that you recognize, and its not that hard to figure out what it is.

Goofster
03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
An American Girl store makes a lot of sense. The stores in Chicago and NYC were busy when I visited them with my daughter. She'd love to visit one in WDW.

joonyer
03-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Campero means "un-sheltered" or "out in the open" so "Free-Range Chicken" might be a pretty good translation.

But I'm thinking it's more like "Yard-BIrd" :funny:

Goofster
03-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Another fan site is reporting that Disney has confirmed the leaked plans for "Disney Springs" to cast members with a formal announcement coming at the end of the week.

I'm kind of excited, it's been 16 years since the last major update and DTD is long overdue for a change...but that it depends if Disney actually sticks with this unlike Hyperion Wharf.

DizneyFreak2002
03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
While the announcement to the public was postponed today and delayed, the DTD expansion was announced to cast members... Here is what they were told:

1. Disney Springs will be the new name, replacing the DTD name...

2. Water features, shade, water ways, and a theme that will give it an old Florida feel...

3. There will be two, not one, parking garage... One garage will be on the Marketplace side, the other by Cirque... The existing parking will be used for new shopping and restaurant space...

4. There will be an expansion of World of Disney...

5. New restaurants to the Orlando area will be part of the expansion...

6. A walkway bridge from T-Rex to Rainforest Cafe will be constructed... The bridge is expected to ease crowd flow...

7. Capt Jacks will be closing...

The public announcement is now expected later this week... Weather played havoc with the announcement plans to media...

Add to this, but not told to CMs today, it does appear Pollo Campero will be closing after their lease expires, which is rumored to be after the summer season...

Crow
03-12-2013, 09:08 PM
well i ate at Capt Jacks once a very long time ago....not good then
yay more shops......:ack:

Melanie
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
I like what's been leaked or whatever, and have since the beginning. I'm looking forward to the official announcement. Interesting about Pollo Campero and Capt. Jack's though.

DizneyFreak2002
03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
The three current bus stops will go away, supposedly, for one big bus stop, in an area between the two parking garages...

Pictures of what Planet Hollywood would look like have circulated, I'm sure some people here have seen it, and it looks nothing like the current PH, which is a good thing... It reeks of 1980's... It will look more like an observatory, which I believe we mentioned here previously... And don't know if the name is staying or changing...

The new plans call for 10 new restaurants and double the current retail... And an I-4 exit/off ramp/entrance is in the plans but not mentioned to the CMs today... This part of the project may be one of the last phases completed, if completed at all...

Goofster
03-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Pictures of what Planet Hollywood would look like have circulated, I'm sure some people here have seen it, and it looks nothing like the current PH, which is a good thing... It reeks of 1980's... It will look more like an observatory, which I believe we mentioned here previously... And don't know if the name is staying or changing...

I've heard that a Planet Hollywood hotel may pop up on the I-Drive Live project, which could prompt a move of the restaurant over there.

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I've heard that a Planet Hollywood hotel may pop up on the I-Drive Live project, which could prompt a move of the restaurant over there.

Just saw that on WFTV's website... I would say it is very possible Planet Hollywood leaves DTD then, especially since the plans posted here last week or two weeks ago calls the restaurant The Observatory... Makes sense actually...

Melanie
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Just saw that on WFTV's website... I would say it is very possible Planet Hollywood leaves DTD then, especially since the plans posted here last week or two weeks ago calls the restaurant The Observatory... Makes sense actually...

Uh yeah, because the brand has been so successful? :confused:

I wouldn't be sad if this is true. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
4. There will be an expansion of World of Disney...

How much more can they expand???

I really like how these changes sound. Maybe I'll actually go more to DTD now.

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM

Honestly, I thought most Planet Hollywoods went out of business with DTD's being one of the very few left... Had no idea a Planet Hollywood hotel was even on the radar for the Orlando area... Some others around online are saying Planet Hollywood isn't leaving DTD...

I'm with ya, I wouldn't be sad to see it go either... Ate there once and never again...

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
How much more can they expand???

I really like how these changes sound. Maybe I'll actually go more to DTD now.

No idea... I'm thinking we'll see a Mouse Gear style make over with an expanded building.. By that I mean wider isles for people with ECVs, scooters, and strollers... It does get very tight in there despite the store being pretty large...

Melanie
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Honestly, I thought most Planet Hollywoods went out of business with DTD's being one of the very few left... Had no idea a Planet Hollywood hotel was even on the radar for the Orlando area... Some others around online are saying Planet Hollywood isn't leaving DTD...

I'm with ya, I wouldn't be sad to see it go either... Ate there once and never again...

There are only 4 left here in the US, after there being close to 50 at one point. The ones left are in mega touristy places. The brand does seem to have had more success overseas though.

Hammer
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM

The restaurants are not successful, but the hotel is, at least the one in Vegas. I can see why they want to open one in Orlando.

Not a fan of the PH restaurants. Went once and that was enough :) so would be fine with it leaving property. Same with Capt'n Jack's. I'm surprised it wasn't closed before these changes.

Hammer
03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Got some additional info on the Planet Hollywood hotel courtesy of my sister. Cheryl has planned many meetings/conferences there. She thinks the one in Vegas is the only one in the US. They are run by Harrah's hotel group. When I first told her about a Planet Hollywood hotel in Orlando, she thought it was for Disney property and she was saying how the theme would need to change! Let's just say that some of the things are a bit risque. I'm going to err on the side of caution and not mention more than that as it isn't exactly G rated. Very over the top (it is Vegas after all). Once I told her it was for I-drive, she can better see the hotel there. They just go over the top, but more family oriented things.

Melanie
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, there is only one hotel in the US, and being that it's in Vegas, I have no doubt it's risque. Again, I'm more than fine with the whole thing moving right along (off Disney property).

Goofster
03-13-2013, 04:04 PM
No idea... I'm thinking we'll see a Mouse Gear style make over with an expanded building.. By that I mean wider isles for people with ECVs, scooters, and strollers... It does get very tight in there despite the store being pretty large...

Amen to that...WOD is insane during off-peak times...always crowded...let alone the summer. I tend to avoid that place until the very last minute we are in WDW. Drives me nuts.

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
This project is being done because Burbank took control... Not TDO... Not going to make this a BAD TDO thread, but it does appear Burbank has seen the error of TDO's ways, thankfully... They are taking the reigns with the plans and marketing, including the announcement..

Speaking of the announcement, the weather may not have been the reason the announcement was postponed... Someone on another site said he was told Disney management didn't want the pomp and circumstance, patting themselves on the back announcement celebration a day after the drowning... Which makes much more sense that the weather being the cause...

seanyred
03-14-2013, 09:12 AM
This project is being done because Burbank took control... Not TDO... Not going to make this a BAD TDO thread, but it does appear Burbank has seen the error of TDO's ways, thankfully... They are taking the reigns with the plans and marketing, including the announcement..

Speaking of the announcement, the weather may not have been the reason the announcement was postponed... Someone on another site said he was told Disney management didn't want the pomp and circumstance, patting themselves on the back announcement celebration a day after the drowning... Which makes much more sense that the weather being the cause...

Drowning? Was there one on property?

Back to the original thread. I welcome this change, lately we haven't been spending much time in DTD because it has been rather stagnant over the years. I just hope they don't cut the budget after making a big announcement.

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Drowning? Was there one on property?

Back to the original thread. I welcome this change, lately we haven't been spending much time in DTD because it has been rather stagnant over the years. I just hope they don't cut the budget after making a big announcement.

Yep.. There was a drowning the other day.. Here is the thread about it: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=198259

As for the announcement, it has officially been made...

Did anyone catch the OFFICIAL concept art that was released?

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Tom Staggs statement:

Earlier today, we unveiled plans for Disney Springs, the exciting, multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort, and I’d like to give you all a glimpse into what we’ve got planned.
Walt Disney World Resort guests and local Florida residents have been enjoying Downtown Disney for more than 30 years, but we knew we had an opportunity to reimagine and reinvent this corner of the resort. We’ve spent a good deal of time thinking through just what we want this area to be, and how to bring it to life to make it a place unlike any other. And we have even scrapped a few preliminary plans that we felt didn’t measure up to our aspirations for this place.
Our fundamental goal is to create a welcoming, comfortable space where families can enjoy time together and instantaneously feel right at home. We want to give them opportunities to relax, to be entertained, to wander in and out of unique and distinctive shops or enjoy a world-class dining experience. And because we are Disney, we’ve anchored the entire experience around a story that gives us the ability to deliver on the legendary place-making and creativity for which we are known. The result is Disney Springs, a timeless and vibrant place that celebrates the turn-of-the century lakeside towns that dotted the Florida landscape.

The story of Disney Springs begins at our new Town Center, which is oriented around a series of bubbling natural springs that first attracted settlers to the area. From there, the town grew to encompass three additional neighborhoods: The Landing, Marketplace and West Side – each with its own distinct charm and atmosphere. For more about each of these districts, click here.
Once complete, Disney Springs will expand from 75 to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues, featuring some of the world’s most iconic brands and restaurants. Construction is set to begin next month. The expansion will open in phases and we expect to complete our development in 2016. We look forward to sharing more details in the future here on the Disney Parks Blog.

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Official press release:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., March 14, 2013 – Walt Disney World Resort today announced the multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs, a unique destination that will treat guests to significantly more shopping, dining and entertainment amid beautiful open-air promenades, meandering springs and waterfront charm.

Disney Springs will feature an eclectic and contemporary mix from Disney and other noteworthy brands. From boutique shops to unique flagship anchor stores, guests will be able to explore a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences and discover options unlike any other currently available in Central Florida.

“Disney Springs will be a timeless, vibrant place where Walt Disney World guests and local residents can relax, shop, dine and be entertained in an imaginative setting where they’ll instantly feel at home,” said Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “Featuring distinctive brands, world-class restaurants and unforgettable entertainment, Disney Springs will be brought to life with the same focus on storytelling and attention to detail that goes into our theme parks, resorts and cruise ships, resulting in a welcoming space that only Disney could create.”

Disney Springs will double the number of shops, restaurants and other venues for guests to explore, resulting in more than 150 establishments. In addition, Staggs noted, Central Florida stands to benefit from the expansion with more jobs, tax revenues and business opportunities.

Drawing inspiration from Florida’s waterfront towns and natural beauty, Disney Springs will include four outdoor neighborhoods interconnected by a flowing spring and vibrant lakefront. In addition to a new gateway with a signature water tower and grand entry, the destination will feature:

The Town Center, which offers a sophisticated mix of shopping and dining along with a promenade where guests can relax, refresh and reconnect.
A colorful and thriving commercial district called The Landing with inspired dining and beautiful waterfront views.
The family-friendly Marketplace that will continue to delight guests of all ages by combining new experiences, such as an over-the-water pedestrian causeway, along with classic Disney favorites, including an expanded World of Disney store.
A West Side that provides an exuberant atmosphere with lively entertainment, along with a series of new elevated spaces that provide both shade and an overlook to the activity below.

Collectively, these efforts will not only have an impact within Walt Disney World, but will also have an economic ripple effect on Central Florida. The project will create an estimated 1,200 construction jobs and nearly 4,000 operational roles.

Disney will share more details on specific experiences coming to Disney Springs in the future. Construction is slated to begin next month with new areas opening in phases. Disney Springs is expected to be complete in 2016.

Construction will begin in April 2013... Will be finished in 2016...

Melanie
03-14-2013, 05:58 PM
The entire complex:

Aurora
03-14-2013, 07:16 PM
The concept art looks interesting, if a little confusing. I can't really figure out where things are and in what direction I'm looking, except for the Marketplace pic. I'm especially befuddled about The Landing area. Looks a bit like a dense, outdoor mall.

I hope it all works and turns out to be appealing. It would be nice to have a great place to go right across from Saratoga.

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2013, 07:41 PM
The concept art looks interesting, if a little confusing. I can't really figure out where things are and in what direction I'm looking, except for the Marketplace pic. I'm especially befuddled about The Landing area. Looks a bit like a dense, outdoor mall.

I hope it all works and turns out to be appealing. It would be nice to have a great place to go right across from Saratoga.

Looking at the model (there is another one floating around out there but I can't seem to find it now):

Top left, you can see the Characters in Flight balloon... That area below, which looks like all white buildings, is West Side... The middle portion is Pleasure Island, and of course Marketplace is to the right..

If you look to the right, you can see a pedestrian bridge over the lake.. By the bridge, top right corner, that is Rainforest Cafe... You can also see the docked Empress Lilly, or Fultons...

The front part of the model is The Landing... The two parking garages are off to the side, one can be seen to the right of the picture... The other is barely visible and off to the left... The new bus depot is going somewhere in between the two new garages... And you can see all the water features...

Planet Hollywood (still in the plans, for now anyway) is still there and has a massive makeover... Looks like an observatory now... You can see all the parking lots are gone...

Oh and you said it looks like an outdoor mall.. That is because it is :)

Melanie
03-14-2013, 08:12 PM

And I personally don't have an issue with that. I'm excited for these changes. Anxious to hear exactly what's going in.

stephicakes
03-15-2013, 05:50 AM

I was thinking the same thing! I'm sure there will be a bigger draw to stay there. I'm looking forward to the change and trying out SSR!
:thumbsup:

Jared
03-15-2013, 07:18 AM
I keep reading people saying, "Oh, it's just an outdoor mall" and using that as a criticism. That baffles me. What else should Downtown Disney be? It's a shopping, dining and entertainment complex. CityWalk at Universal, which is almost always praised, is just an outdoor mall.

As long as there are lots of vendors, this is a great addition to the resort.

Melanie
03-15-2013, 07:48 AM
I keep reading people saying, "Oh, it's just an outdoor mall" and using that as a criticism. That baffles me. What else should Downtown Disney be? It's a shopping, dining and entertainment complex. CityWalk at Universal, which is almost always praised, is just an outdoor mall.

:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
03-15-2013, 08:09 AM
I enjoy the DTD area. Always have, but I love to shop anyway so it's like a crutch lol. I'm excited for the changes, they are very appealing to me.

The only criticism I have is hopefully this change sticks. We all know that most changes "officially announced" by Disney have not always stuck.

dpamac
03-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Well they're serious about this one, obviously. They included a water tower.

Melanie
03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
The only criticism I have is hopefully this change sticks. We all know that most changes "officially announced" by Disney have not always stuck.

Very true, Tonya. And I may be saying this because time has passed and memory has faded (:beer:), but this one feels more official and serious than Hyperion Wharf.

BrerGnat
03-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Why the name change? People, myself included, are going to keep calling it Downtown Disney.

Other than the name change, anything is better than what is there now, honestly. This looks like a positive change for that area. It's just too disjointed, spread out, and confusing right now. I welcome a more cohesive "shopping, dining, and entertainment" complex myself.

I just wonder why it is going to take so long to complete? They could get this done a lot faster than 3 years...

TinkerbellT421
03-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Well they're serious about this one, obviously. They included a water tower.

AND an observatory! :cool:

Very true, Tonya. And I may be saying this because time has passed and memory has faded (:beer:), but this one feels more official and serious than Hyperion Wharf.

Mmm. :marg: It does feel more serious doesn't it? Or are we just being optimistic? lol Were there "concept art" for the whole Hyperion Whard thing, I can't remember any....:confused: but memory isn't what it used to be

Why the name change? People, myself included, are going to keep calling it Downtown Disney.

Other than the name change, anything is better than what is there now, honestly. This looks like a positive change for that area. It's just too disjointed, spread out, and confusing right now. I welcome a more cohesive "shopping, dining, and entertainment" complex myself.

I just wonder why it is going to take so long to complete? They could get this done a lot faster than 3 years...

Hey, when I'm not typing DHS and actually have to verbalize it, I still say MGM lol. It's been what? Four or Five years now since that name change? I think I will always call DHS MGM....lol Am I the only one??

Hopefully they add more Margarita stands, craft beer stand? Some kind of excitingly HUGE drinking area. Just sayin'.

BrerGnat
03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Hopefully they add more Margarita stands, craft beer stand? Some kind of excitingly HUGE drinking area. Just sayin'.

An actual outdoor bar would be great. I don't want a day glo margarita from a slushie machine...

SBETigg
03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Downtown Disney wasn't always Downtown Disney to me, so it's easy to adapt to name change. When I started going to Disney World, it was Buena Vista Marketplace. This feels more like that but on a much grander scale. I do miss the days when it was just a quaint little quiet relaxing area, but those days are long gone and this makes sense for the area.

I still can't see it being much of a draw for me. I go to Disney for the "away from the real world" feel of it all, and Downtown Disney always makes me feel the real world creeping back in, which is why I don't visit as often. But if I got to spend more time there or lived in the area, I would love it. And if I'm at Disney and have some real world shopping needs, this is great. So no complaints, I'm just not that excited about it because I'm not a Downtown Disney area fan anyway.

BrerGnat
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
I still can't see it being much of a draw for me. I go to Disney for the "away from the real world" feel of it all, and Downtown Disney always makes me feel the real world creeping back in, which is why I don't visit as often. But if I got to spend more time there or lived in the area, I would love it. And if I'm at Disney and have some real world shopping needs, this is great. So no complaints, I'm just not that excited about it because I'm not a Downtown Disney area fan anyway.

I agree with you here. We don't love Downtown Disney in Florida, but when we lived in CA, we used to hang out at Downtown Disney Anaheim ALL the time. So, it definitely is more for the locals, I think. Competition for City Walk and such.

Melanie
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey, when I'm not typing DHS and actually have to verbalize it, I still say MGM lol. It's been what? Four or Five years now since that name change? I think I will always call DHS MGM....lol Am I the only one??

Nope, still MGM to me. Times change, names change. I'll admit, sometimes I'm okay with it, and sometimes I'm not. This one is fine for me.

Dopey's Girl
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Nope, still MGM to me. Times change, names change. I'll admit, sometimes I'm okay with it, and sometimes I'm not. This one is fine for me.

I think so too. It's always been a shopping area. Improved parking, great. More stores, great. Different places to eat, great! Couldn't care less about the name change, love that they are improving the area!

dlpmikki
03-15-2013, 05:12 PM
It was Disney Village when we first went. The Empress Lily was lovely - several great restaurants. Mickey Mouse character meal used to be in the village (and a brunch on the Lily). I have had many good meals at Captain Jacks and will be sorry to see it go. Maybe it will be bigger and better but currently I preferred it when it was a lot smaller and probably higher quality food and merchandise wise.

Aurora
03-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Looking at the model (there is another one floating around out there but I can't seem to find it now):

Top left, you can see the Characters in Flight balloon... That area below, which looks like all white buildings, is West Side... The middle portion is Pleasure Island, and of course Marketplace is to the right..

If you look to the right, you can see a pedestrian bridge over the lake.. By the bridge, top right corner, that is Rainforest Cafe... You can also see the docked Empress Lilly, or Fultons...

The front part of the model is The Landing... The two parking garages are off to the side, one can be seen to the right of the picture... The other is barely visible and off to the left... The new bus depot is going somewhere in between the two new garages... And you can see all the water features...

Planet Hollywood (still in the plans, for now anyway) is still there and has a massive makeover... Looks like an observatory now... You can see all the parking lots are gone...

I see it now! Thanks for giving me my bearings. ;)

Eh, I guess I didn't really say that right. I didn't mean that Downtown Disney wasn't a mall. What I meant was that the Landing looked like a typical American mall: two-story, chain store after chain store, etc. I could see Banana Republic, The Gap and J. Crew fitting right in there. If that's what's intended, fine. It just surprised me in that the other drawings look like a place that's way more enticing and inviting to visit. Just my impression from the drawing -- not really meant to be a big criticism.

The rest looks very interesting to me and I'm looking forward to another destination.

Melanie
03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Rumors floating about now about some of the restaurant changes. Pollo Campero will close to allow expansion of World of Disney (what about the Lego Store in between???), and Earl of Sandwich will get a makeover. That's welcome, and hopefully there is an increase in seating.

And get this, there is talk of a food truck row. Thoughts on that one? I know it's kind of a hot thing right now, and in the right context I think it could be cute. But, not sure about it. :unsure:

Tekneek
03-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Food trucks are a fun idea, but not as a permanent part of anything. Kinda defeats the point of a food truck if it never goes anywhere, doesn't it?

Some of the ideas sound alright, but not completely sold. Once they start work on the parking deck, parking will be more horrendous than ever until it is finished and open. I'm not entirely convinced that the problems with DTD require this level of fixing, but interesting that Disney has big ideas.

Too bad they don't apply big thinking to something like making that Yeti move. I find it hard to not be cynical about some of this.

Melanie
03-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Food trucks are a fun idea, but not as a permanent part of anything. Kinda defeats the point of a food truck if it never goes anywhere, doesn't it?

:yes:

BrerGnat
03-16-2013, 11:44 AM
And get this, there is talk of a food truck row. Thoughts on that one? I know it's kind of a hot thing right now, and in the right context I think it could be cute. But, not sure about it. :unsure:

It's a hot thing right now in this country, but food trucks have been around forever in many other countries.

They are not always mobile. In fact, most of them park and stay put.

I am a fan of this idea, because it will hopefully inject some variety into the food offerings.

Hammer
03-16-2013, 11:45 AM

Food trucks are a fun idea, but not as a permanent part of anything. Kinda defeats the point of a food truck if it never goes anywhere, doesn't
it?

What they could do is have different food trucks there in the "row" each day. I've seen in many cities where a food truck is in the same spot, but only on a certain day of the week. Disney could have a day where it is trucks with Mexican foods one day, Italian another, etc.

Some of the ideas sound alright, but not completely sold. Once they start work on the parking deck, parking will be more horrendous than ever until it is finished and open. I'm not entirely convinced that the problems with DTD require this level of fixing, but interesting that Disney has big ideas.

Yes, parking will be a mess until the parking garage is built, but will be greatly welcomed when completed. Parking, especially handicapped parking, is impossible to find in DTD currently since the parking is so disorganized. We always end up getting Mom and her chair out, dropping her off, then parking the car. End of shopping, one of us goes back to get the car and we load Mom and the chair back in the car by one of the entrances. It will be much better when they have the handicap parking organized in the garage.

Tekneek
03-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Parking, especially handicapped parking, is impossible to find in DTD currently since the parking is so disorganized.

Part of the problem is design. Another part of the problem is that it is allowed to be a free-for-all like any other "shopping mall" experience. This leads to all kinds of different interpretations of how to properly park a vehicle in a parking lot.

The parking deck concept is long overdue. I hope it includes some way to deal with improperly parked vehicles and/or spots that are wider than average. As frustrating as driving around a parking lot and being unable to find spots is, going up and down a parking deck and being unable to park is much worse to me. At most I have seen, the urge to pack in as many vehicles as possible leads to many vehicles being over lines and actually reduces capacity.

DizneyFreak2002
03-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Burbank is involved in this so i think we'll see this one carried through...

I agree with ya... This one is serious... I've read, and I am sure most of us have heard that some of the issues with Hyperion Wharf was managers over at the Boardwalk thought it too took much of the same idea, thus hurting some of their business, as well as vendors not being to enthused with the Hyperion Wharf concept and design...

When I first heard the name change I felt is sounded like a retirement community, and I still feel that way about the name... But, after seeing the concept art and hearing the plans, Springs makes sense due to all the water features.. But Disney is going a little crazy with the Springs name.. Coronado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Disney Springs just to name a few...

Mmm. :marg: It does feel more serious doesn't it? Or are we just being optimistic? lol Were there "concept art" for the whole Hyperion Whard thing, I can't remember any....:confused: but memory isn't what it used to be

There was concept art for Hyperion Wharf... We may even have it here on Intercot.. if not, I am sure if you google it you can find it... Looked nice in pictures, but it didn't really address DTD's needs... I think this plan really does...

Oh, you say Margarita stand? Dunno if they are planning anything like that, but would you take WDW's version of Trader Sam from DL?

I see it now! Thanks for giving me my bearings. ;)

Eh, I guess I didn't really say that right. I didn't mean that Downtown Disney wasn't a mall. What I meant was that the Landing looked like a typical American mall: two-story, chain store after chain store, etc. I could see Banana Republic, The Gap and J. Crew fitting right in there. If that's what's intended, fine. It just surprised me in that the other drawings look like a place that's way more enticing and inviting to visit. Just my impression from the drawing -- not really meant to be a big criticism.

The rest looks very interesting to me and I'm looking forward to another destination.

Hey Aurora, you're welcome...When I first saw the model i was trying to figure out where everything was too.. Once I saw the Characters in Flight balloon I figured out where everything was...

As for your critique, you are 100% correct in feeling the way you do... You aren't being negative or offering any kind of negative criticism of the concept art or of what this will be... It is an outdoor mall, not pretending to be anything different... That isn't a bash on the plans or a negative response to it... You are just calling it what it is, and there is nothing wrong with that...

Actually, we can probably call this more of a lifestyle center, similar to the one in Los Angeles called The Grove... The Grove is very nice looking... I expect this new DTD plan to be similar in execution with its own style fitting WDW and Florida...

Rumors floating about now about some of the restaurant changes. Pollo Campero will close to allow expansion of World of Disney (what about the Lego Store in between???), and Earl of Sandwich will get a makeover. That's welcome, and hopefully there is an increase in seating.

Heard about the Earl of Sandwich changes... Someone posted elsewhere a new AC system is part of the plan... Hopefully more seating, and a larger store... I love Earl but seating is horrendous and always crowded waiting for your sandwich...

As for the food trucks, the vendor list that has floated around online listed Food Truck Row as a "vendor" or a "vendor station" so I believe this to be included for sure... Remember when they tested food truck last year, I think, for a week or so? Proved very popular with guests visiting DTD... Now we know why they tested it... If it is popular with guests and fits in with the surroundings, then hey, go for it...

Oh something interesting about the Lego Store... Someone mentioned or posted a color chart of the plan.. In the plan, stores with an orange coloring were leaving... Pollo Campero was one, the Disney pin store is another... And so was Lego... The Lego store was colored orange... What no one could surmise from that is, is Lego leaving for good or relocating to a new retail space?

Tekneek
03-16-2013, 01:01 PM
As for the food trucks, the vendor list that has floated around online listed Food Truck Row as a "vendor" or a "vendor station" so I believe this to be included for sure... Remember when they tested food truck last year, I think, for a week or so? Proved very popular with guests visiting DTD... Now we know why they tested it... If it is popular with guests and fits in with the surroundings, then hey, go for it...

From a selfish point of view, as long as one or more of them is offering multiple vegetarian/vegan options, then I'd be excited to check it out. I still would prefer that it not be static with the same choices there year after year.

I don't know what food trucks, or how many, already exist around Orlando, but setting up some sort of rotation using existing operations would be interesting. Perhaps generating enough interest that others start up to join the rotation would be great. If Disney ran a few of their own, which went elsewhere on property when not in use at DTD/DS, that would be excellent as well.

Just not too keen on, "Oh, look. It's the same food trucks as yesterday, last week, last month, last year, 3 years ago, ad nauseum..."

Jared
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
I didn't expect the food truck thing to become such a hotly contested topic, but everybody seems to be talking about it. It definitely seems like Disney trying to take advantage of a current fad. In New York, food trucks are everywhere, and they are not going away anytime soon. I don't really care one way or the other -- it is either food trucks or food kiosks. One way or another, Disney is going to be serving food from a window.

One more comment regarding the project: Has Downtown Disney ever been some sort of huge destination for the average vacationer? Maybe I'm the weird one, but I virtually never spent any time there. I don't care about shopping, and there just never seemed to be a reason to visit. Disney Springs isn't for us, anyway. It is being built for the swarms of international tourists who come to Florida to shop. Now, instead of leaving property and going to the outlets, they will stay on property. If it goes well, it will also attract Orlando-area locals.

But the standard domestic tourist from Georgia or New Jersey or Indiana? This project isn't geared toward those people.

DizneyFreak2002
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
From a selfish point of view, as long as one or more of them is offering multiple vegetarian/vegan options, then I'd be excited to check it out. I still would prefer that it not be static with the same choices there year after year.

Wish I could tell ya... I don't remember what the food trucks served last year... I would hope Disney would bring in food trucks which cater to everyone's taste buds and dietary choices...

Oh, and rumor has it these food trucks will be located in West Side, between Bongos and where the new Starbucks will be going..

PirateLover
03-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Food trucks have been around forever in the US too in the major cities, but the current fad of, for lack of a better word, "designer" food trucks really has taken off in recent years.

As a kid I would always get hot dogs, soft pretzels, and sodas from food trucks in Philly when I was out and about with my parents and grandparents. I never saw a food truck as a place to get innovative food, but that's what the trend is, and it's huge in Philly.

Many of the newer ones are indeed mobile. They build up a reputation and announce on Twitter and Facebook where they will be that day, and people flock to them. Some do only deserts, some only coffee. Philly even has a competition now called the "Vendy Awards" to identify the best food trucks. I think the idea would be neat for Disney Springs. Like some others have mentioned, I hope they have a :beer: cart and :marg: cart :)

sportsguy2315
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I agree with some on here that DTD, er, Disney Springs didn't need all these changes but I welcome them. What I'm most looking forward towards to see is what Disney does to get people to see the new Springs. Shops and restaurants are nice, but has there been talks to also revitalize West Side (i.e. New Cirque show) too?

bruin1344
03-17-2013, 10:09 AM

Same here. It takes me awhile to adjust to name changes. I still call Port Orleans Dixie Landings on an occasion and Living Seas instead of Nemo.

Downtown Disney wasn't always Downtown Disney to me, so it's easy to adapt to name change. When I started going to Disney World, it was Buena Vista Marketplace. This feels more like that but on a much grander scale. I do miss the days when it was just a quaint little quiet relaxing area, but those days are long gone and this makes sense for the area.

same here

mousetrapper
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM

LOL! I definitely have to pause and think before I refer to DHS...always start saying MGM! ;)

Agree re margarita/craft beer stands!:beer::marg:

I for one love DTD, and it sounds like DisSp will just be an improvement on it all around.

Any word on what'll be first in the chopping block, er, I mean improvement list? We're heading down 5/25 and plan to do DTD the first day, so I'm wondering what to expect at that point, ostensibly one month into the plans.

PETE FROM NYC
03-17-2013, 06:04 PM
It was Disney Village when we first went. The Empress Lily was lovely - several great restaurants. Mickey Mouse character meal used to be in the village (and a brunch on the Lily). I have had many good meals at Captain Jacks and will be sorry to see it go. Maybe it will be bigger and better but currently I preferred it when it was a lot smaller and probably higher quality food and merchandise wise.

I totally agree. Size increases, but quality decreases.

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Any word on what'll be first in the chopping block, er, I mean improvement list? We're heading down 5/25 and plan to do DTD the first day, so I'm wondering what to expect at that point, ostensibly one month into the plans.

First thing going is the parking lot by West Side... That begins in April... I would expect parking to be pretty tight (won't have all that extra room down by the West Side of DTD to park)...

minnie04
03-18-2013, 11:41 AM
We love going to DTD at night and just walking around. This sounds like it’s going to be very nice. We love all the open restaurants and shopping here in Florida and when you add Disney themes to them you can’t go wrong. It gives people a place to go and hang out for free and maybe buy the last minute gifts you didn’t get in the parks. I just hope it has more Disney style stores. Not so much the toys and tee-shirts, but things for the house. I also hope they really think about PARKING for this new addition. That has to be the worst part of going to DTD now, If they make that work then it will be a huge success.. :mickey:

Food Trucks??? Would be cool, but I can only imagine the lines. I don't think people will like waiting in long lines (with small children) for a "food truck" sandwich (in the heat of the summer), but will see it would be neat to design the trucks after Disney characters to make it fun for the kids. like "Mater's hot dogs" or 'Mickey’s burgers" "Nemo’s Fish & Chips" Goofy's pizza stand" "Minnie & Daisy’s Ice cream shop" Simba’s salad shack” Just catchy names kids would like.

Disney Springs??? Not feeling the name, but it’s not going to matter we will always call it DTD..lol just like MGM :D

BrerGnat
03-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Please, Disney, I beg of you, please build one of those "smart" parking garages that is automated and tells you how many spaces are open on each level, and directs you towards those rows with open spaces via the use of a "red light/green light" system. Please. It's 2013.

Tekneek
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Please, Disney, I beg of you, please build one of those "smart" parking garages that is automated and tells you how many spaces are open on each level, and directs you towards those rows with open spaces via the use of a "red light/green light" system. Please. It's 2013.

They certainly have the capital to make the best on the planet. Whether they really want their guests to have the best experience possible is the only doubt that remains.

Jeany031
03-25-2013, 01:18 PM
I would like Burger King and Wendy's in the Disney Springs!:mickey:

squijee
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Anyone heard if there will be a build a bear?

Cinderelley
04-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Although it sounds nice, I don't see how it will really change things. If they are having trouble getting retailers in there now, they will probably have trouble after the change also.

Jeany031
04-28-2013, 09:08 AM
I hope Imax to be in the Disney Springs and also Included Duffy the Disney Bear shop in Disney Springs as well. :cool:

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Interior demolition of the former PI clubs has begun...

Jeany031
05-16-2013, 10:07 AM
I would like NBA City moved from City Walk to Disney Springs.

Dario
05-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Interior demolition of the former PI clubs has begun...

Sad!!!!:(