PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper question

Lindslou
02-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey all-

We are headed to the World in Sept staying for two nights at CBR and then 4 nights at the Swan. This is two separate reservations because the Swan was booked on hotel points through Westin. Am I right that we should be able to add the Park Hopper to just the CBR reservation and not have it on the Swan reservation?

Thanks in advance for the help!

tinklover
02-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Hoppers are added to your park ticket not your hotel reservation.

Itchy
02-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I would presume that if you are getting your tickets at CBR you will be getting ticket for the entire stay whether at CBR or Swan. If so those ticket would carry over with you to the new resort.

Unless you get tickets for each separate resort stay all of the days would either need to be park hopper or not. I would think you would save money for getting tickets upfront for all the days you will be in the parks.

Just my guess. Hope this helps...:mickey:

VWL Mom
02-15-2013, 06:46 PM
If going to the parks each day, you will be best off getting a 6 day park hopper which would be $356.78 per person. If you break it down to the way you originally asked about it would be $248.15 for the 2 day PH plus $272.64 for a 4 day for a total of $520.79 per person.

BrerGnat
02-15-2013, 08:13 PM
In other words, you are asking "is park hopping a WDW resort perk?" The answer is "No". Anyone can purchase park hopper tickets.

If you add resort charging privileges and/or the DDP, you will only have those perks until midnight the day you check out of CBR.

Lindslou
02-15-2013, 09:59 PM
If going to the parks each day, you will be best off getting a 6 day park hopper which would be $356.78 per person. If you break it down to the way you originally asked about it would be $248.15 for the 2 day PH plus $272.64 for a 4 day for a total of $520.79 per person.

This is incredibly helpfu info. Thank you for breaking that down for me!

Not to make it extremely complicated but here is the total outlook and then tell me if you still think I should purchase all park tickets with PH together:

Planning a "chilled out" trip for a change where we would do 5 park days total with one of them being a water park. Initally the plan was to not park hop in order to have a more relaxed pace. We now have friends coming for the first couple days and it would be convenient based on what they want to do to park hop with them but return to our original chilled out version after they left. So this would be the picture:

2 days PH
1 day Blizzard Beach
2 days non-PH

Does that change the scenario or is it still cheaper to buy all of the park tickets together with the PH as you suggested before?

Thank you thank you thank you!

gerald72
02-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Then you would need a four-day park hopper.
It is probably cheaper to pay for the water park admission by itself, rather than add on the water parks option.
Put all the days on your first resort reservation. They can be used within 14 days, regardless of what resort you move to.
You will need to keep your original room keys (they have the park admission) when you get the new keys at the new resort.
Have fun.

VWL Mom
02-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Planning a "chilled out" trip for a change where we would do 5 park days total with one of them being a water park. Initally the plan was to not park hop in order to have a more relaxed pace. We now have friends coming for the first couple days and it would be convenient based on what they want to do to park hop with them but return to our original chilled out version after they left. So this would be the picture:

2 days PH
1 day Blizzard Beach
2 days non-PH

Does that change the scenario or is it still cheaper to buy all of the park tickets together with the PH as you suggested before?

Thank you thank you thank you!

Yes, it still would be cheaper. You would need to get a 4 day park hopper with the water park and more option. This would cost $356.78 per person. This would give you 4 theme park days with hopping and the water parks.

To buy them separately, you would need one 2 day with PH & WPF $271.58 plus one 2 day $187.44 ttl $459.02 per person.

VWL Mom
02-16-2013, 07:03 AM
It is probably cheaper to pay for the water park admission by itself, rather than add on the water parks option.

They made a change in the last year or so that lets you add the WP to a PH for an additional $27. So rather than $57 for each, it's sold as a bundle for $79. It is still $57 to add the WP to a non hopper.

Lindslou
02-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I see. That makes a huge difference! Thanks so much everyone for all the expertise. The ticketing situation can get complex! We'll do 4 parks days with the PH and WP add ons.

gerald72
02-16-2013, 03:21 PM
They made a change in the last year or so that lets you add the WP to a PH for an additional $27. So rather than $57 for each, it's sold as a bundle for $79. It is still $57 to add the WP to a non hopper.

I did not know this. Learn something new every day!