PDA

View Full Version : Dinking 'Round the World - Day 3

DisneyDINK
02-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Day 3 – Monday, 2/11 – Epcot

Another early start on a non-EMH day to get those FPs for Soarin’. Again, breakfast from our GG order: fresh fruit, a banana, a kashi bar and some juice and then a bottle of water for the road.

Again, the weather was really good. Us pasty Seattleites were really loving the 75–80 degree weather. Like I told the woman at the pool entrance, us Washingtonians don’t tan… we rust! The 2 of them laughed at that one. I think it was of about 3 times I was actually funny at WDW. I tried to be dozens of times, of course.

So, 8:15am, out the door for a wait at the International Gateway and then a walk to FW where the rope had apparently already dropped. Off to Soarin’ for a ride and 2 FPs for later (this one of 2 rides DW would not do, at least this trip. The other one was EE) then we did Test Track. This is the first time I’d done it since they revamped it in 2011. I really liked the improvements; the design your car thing was fun the first time anyway. I wonder if I’ll like it next time around? Back to the Land for my Soarin’ FP and a 25 minute wait for Linin’ with the Land. (Yep, the parks were busy.) We did a couple of other rides and then we were off to lunch at the Rose and Crown who inspired my motto on Xbox Live: Ottium Sine Dignitate! Lunch was good! I was helped by 2 young guys from Belfast. I was trying to explain why you would never order a Black & Tan in Ireland (Oliver Cromwell, heard of him?) but they either didn’t get it or preferred not to; either way I couldn’t blame them. They convinced me the mushy peas at Epcot were much more flavorful than the mushy peas back home.

Time for some more pool time! Woohoo! There were some clouds, but enough sunshine poking through. Slept and sun bathed for about an hour on that patio on top of the tube rental. DW enjoyed a LavaColada and she was nice enough to buy me a Long Island. We spent a bit over 2 hours there and then went back to the room.

After a couple of drinks in the room we went to dinner at the ESPN Club and enjoyed the hacky fake sports radio guys do their thing while I ate a burger covered in Lobster. Yes, I know, that IS a glowing endorsement, but we actually did enjoy their sporty-whateverishness. Again, TIW is cool! After dinner I was in the mood for more MK. DW went back to the room to rest and I went to see how much MK I could do in about 2 hours.

I was at the Magic Kingdom for the final 2 hours. I caught the 8:00 wishes and then I went on the Country Bear Jamboree, Big thunder, got a fast pass, then went on it's a small world, The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, the People Mover, used my FP on Big Thunder and then right at 10:00p.m. I ran into the queue and was the last one on PotC. I had a great night, but as I sat there in the slightly hacked up and de-slurred Jamboree I realized if I liked this attraction I could have a serous Disney addiction. Let’s face it. I like the Country Bears, but that one entertains me less and less each time I see it. I’d honestly rather listen to the audio track on Intercot Radio than sit through the show.

I ran for a YC bus and the driver mercifully opened the door and let me on. By 11:00pm I was off to dreamland.

January-2007
02-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for reporting.

faline
02-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Another very busy day!! I'm with your wife - I would have opted for some rest time at the end of such a full day!

hauntedmansiongirl
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Great reports! Thanks so much!
:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-21-2013, 01:48 PM
sounds like you're having a ball

emerzmom
02-22-2013, 04:33 PM
You really packed a lot into your last few hours at MK!
:tink:
Julie

vizsla
02-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
02-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

buzznwoodysmom
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Another fun day. Your posts are making me miss YC. We stayed for just 3 nights for the first time last Aug. and fell in love with it.

PlutoPlanet
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Yup, TIW is a must for us too.