PDA

View Full Version : Questions - Fantasy

DisneyFr33k
02-13-2013, 10:25 AM
We have been on multiple cruises on the Magic and Wonder and just have booked a cruise on the new Fantasy. Can someone help us out with some planning?

What speciality night do they have? Pirate?
Do they have a buffet restaurant like on the Magic and Wonder? Like Topsiders or the Beach Blanket?
Any new things for parents to do without kids?The Magic and Wonder didn't offer much when the kids were in their clubs other than the pool.
Anything else that separates it from the Magic and Wonder that you think would be good?

Thanks for all your help!

Tink1
02-13-2013, 11:33 AM
What speciality night do they have? Pirate?

Yes, they have Pirate Night. It is a little different show-wise, but fun!

Do they have a buffet restaurant like on the Magic and Wonder? Like Topsiders or the Beach Blanket?

Yes, again it is different. It is stations rather than one big long line. I like it much better.

Any new things for parents to do without kids?

I think the night time adult area blows the old ships away. (I think the Fantasy is even better than the Dream as well) We did a lot of tastings while we were onboard but I do not remember the times they were held.

Nanc

DisneyFr33k
02-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I think the night time adult area blows the old ships away. (I think the Fantasy is even better than the Dream as well)

This is great news! Can you elaborate?

Tink1
02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I think the flow of the area is far superior. On the classic ships it felt like cubby holes off a walkway, this just has a nicer footprint. Kind of feels like a small town.

Theming is fantastic. From the bedroomy feel of Ooh La La, to the neighboorhood feel of O'Gills Pub, it is just a really inviting area.

Nanc

DizneyRox
02-13-2013, 04:07 PM
There's not really a fair comparison between the classic ships and the new ones. First, they are much bigger, the buffet area is huge on the new ships. More selection as well as seating...

I too first day the layout on the classic ships confusing. They are old though, a refresh will do them good, although I'm not sure that can be fixed in a refurb.

Not sure if the Fantasy does cooking classes, but if the do, I would be all over that. RCCL does a good job, it was explained to me though Disney doesn't do that on shorter cruises. Fantasy is 7 days, check into that.

DisneyFr33k
02-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for all your input!

Our main complaint from cruising on the old ships is nothing to do once the kids are in their clubs. We found ourselves wandering the ship or back in our stateroom. They had things to do for singles, but not much just for adults in general - married or not.

Glad to hear that the newer ships may offer more!

GoldenDreams
02-14-2013, 11:55 PM
We haven't been on the Fantasy (yet), but on the Dream, there were DJ-led games going on in one of the clubs. We went for an 80's Name That Tune Game and I know they did other similar games at other times. We also had a magician on board and he did a smaller more intimate show in one of the clubs one night.

There is always the AquaDuck and a very cool hot tub on the pool deck. I rememer seeing a picture and thinking we'd never get to use it, but even with a full ship, we were able to use it more than once.

There are movies playing in both the theater and above the pool.

I hope that's helpful!