PDA

View Full Version : Free dining 2013

Lindsey310
02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I know free dining for 2013 have been decided but not announced to the general public.

We booked the free dining package last year for our aug/sept trip in may shortly after the summer dates were announced. Does anyone remember when they announced the fall free dining? Was it in June?

I am itching to book our October trip but want to hold off for free dining (either we stay with DVC points and miss out on the free dining or book a package). If anyone can recall when that was that would be a major help! Thanks!!!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I think it was June. I know it was later in 2012 than it had been in previous years. Prior to last year "free" dining had been announced in April for the fall.

No telling if it will happen this year. They definitely scaled back in not doing it through the spring. You can always book through Magical Journeys and then whatever discount comes out they can apply for you, whether that be "free" dining or something else.

Buttercup
02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes you can book now if you're itching to do so. :mickey: Then if a discount code or Free Dining comes out and you want to apply it to your account, Disney will do that for you. :thumbsup:
Or, you can let Magical Journeys worry about it all for you. :)

JenniferS.
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for free dining for our Dec. trip. If we get it, a resort upgrade may be in order. ;)

Ltmoko
02-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I booked a package, only $200 deposit, gonna wait and see what happens for package disc or free dining. If neither happen, I may try to hop on a DVC last minute rental deal.