PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs

Airblue1
02-12-2013, 09:29 AM
This place is HUGE!!!
It took us a long time to find our room and it was in 3.
We only stayed one night, but man is it a Very BIG place!!!!
Does anyone make this their "home" resort? If so what are your reasons? Not judging just curious.
Thanks

Ms. Mode
02-12-2013, 10:01 AM
We stayed at CS New Year's 2012 and I just LOVED it! I will stay there again if I can talk DH into it. I love Pepper Market, the outdoor patio area, the pool area is great, the place is so peaceful just about any time of the day or night. :mickey:

Angelgirl65
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
We love CSR. We love all the extra amenities, the great pool and the theme.

Melanie
02-12-2013, 02:17 PM
One time I had a room at Beach Club that seemed miles away from the lobby. I thought I'd never find my room, and in fact, I was in the very furthest building towards Epcot. It was super convenient to get to the International Gateway though. Point is, CSR isn't the only 'big' resort. ;)

We love CSR! By far our favorite moderate, for the theming, the refurbished rooms and peaceful atmosphere.

dobby2010
02-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I've only stayed there once but I loved it and would stay there again. Loved the theming. It made me feel like I was at a spa in Sedona or something. Very peaceful and the pool is awesome! I didn't feel it was too big but we were in the casitas pretty close to the main building and bus stop.

Buttercup
02-12-2013, 03:04 PM
You should see Fort Wilderness sometime. It's so huge it has an internal bus route! :secret: Mel's right - Coronado Springs isn't uncommonly large. I'm staying there in a couple weeks -- luckily we will have our car so we won't have too far of a walk every night from the parking lots near the buildings.

Melanie
02-12-2013, 03:06 PM
You should see Fort Wilderness sometime. It's so huge it has an internal bus route! :secret:

Right, and Caribbean Beach is so big it has an internal bus as well. :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
02-12-2013, 09:24 PM
We consider CSR to be our WDW home away from home. We find the theme of this resort to be very relaxing. It is in a prime location for transport to the parks via the bus system, and we've always had good bus service here. We have always been assigned to Ranchos but I didn't find that the walk to the main building to be very far (less than 10 minutes per way.) I liked watching the sunrise over the lake in the morning, and one day, a CM showed me that you can see EE from the beach of the Cabana section. We have had good CM service here in general. We also liked that the divider between the bathroom and sleeping area was the sliding doors. We found that it was a good place to calm our son down when he needed some quiet space to settle down for the night.

BigRedDad
02-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Its a gorgeous resort, a lot of Deluxe upgrades at Mod prices, one of the best pools on site. It is not that bad of a walk unless you are at one of the farthest Rancho buildings. The "quick service" restaurant is a little getting use to, but is one of the better options (but it does cost more).

Buttercup
02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
We have always been assigned to Ranchos but I didn't find that the walk to the main building to be very far (less than 10 minutes per way.)
I requested to stay in the Ranchos buildings this next time I go (I like the look of them!) and I was trying to figure out how long the walk was to the main building to refill our resort mugs would be. Less than 10 minutes is the perfect length of time for a nice stroll. Thanks for the info!

Crow
02-14-2013, 12:46 AM
i stayed in the Ranchos twice....it was a few yrs ago at least 5..last wk i was in the casitas building 4, by bus stop 2..great location...its my fav mod, tied w POFQ...i like POFQ cause its smaller and has the boat to DD .. but CSR is great them and has business center and a diff food court. pool is nice. id stay there again. wait for buses was short and didnt take long to get to the parks

LVT
02-14-2013, 07:29 AM
We stayed in Casista # 3. 1. I enjoyed the landscaping 2. We use the buses and #2 is the first pick up from the great covered bus stop with a bench and water fountain 3. We all like the Pepper Market 4. Pool and hot tub.

mrte62
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
DW and I consider CSR our home resort now. Yes, it is big. Except for when a mega conference descends, it is a quiet retreat. We love the landscaping and water features (lake, pools & fountains) and it is a great place to go for a walk or run with a great gym.

If you have your own car, we find it to be easily accessible to the various park, resorts and activities of WDW. To us, it feels like the top end of the moderate resorts.

Crow
02-19-2013, 02:32 AM
no car this last trip, but i was pretty happy w bus service.
Id have to try Pepper Mkt again, as i didnt use it much this trip. I almost tried Maya Grill. I still think its the best of the mods, or at least tied w POFQ

Angelgirl65
02-19-2013, 08:06 AM
You have to try the Maya Grill. Great place to eat that many are unaware of.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-19-2013, 10:04 PM
We have only stayed there once, but we loved the peacefulness of CSR. It feels much more adult to us because of the convention centre and therefore seems much quieter during the morning hours especially.

The walk over the bridge to get to the lobby is so scenic with all of the flowers and butterflies. And we loved sitting outside while eating to soak in the scenery and people watch. We had our most relaxing Disney vacation ever at CSR! The bus system seemed so much better too- less waiting at either ends of the route!

Enjoy every second!! :cloud9:

buzznwoodysmom
02-19-2013, 10:24 PM
We have only stayed at CSR once, and it was years ago, but we really enjoyed our stay there. We were in Cabanas 8 A or B, I think, so we weren't too far from anything.

If you thought CSR was too big, do yourself a favor and don't stay at CBR or SSR. Those two were the resorts we felt were the largest. And I agree with whoever said even some of the resorts not known for their huge size can have rooms that feel very far from everything. During one of our stays at AKL Jambo House we thought we'd never get to our room. It was a hike to say the least!

sassy2000
02-22-2013, 02:40 PM
We LOVE CSR! It is our favorite moderate resort! Love the theme. We always stay in the Cabana section. Love the hammocks in the sand. Kids love the themed pool and slide and the play area next to it. We always get the DP and the pepper market offers a great deal for your counter service credits.