PDA

View Full Version : Bongo's? :)

DisneyDawgette
02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
DBF plays for a Spanish ministry that has a show in Orlando on March 10th! That being said, we have cleared the whole day on the 9th and the evening of the 8th to hit WDW. I love me some last minute Disney magic!

That being said, they are wanting to eat at Bongo's one night- which is somewhere that I've never eaten! DBF loves their Cuban coffee, but we've never actually gone in and sat down! Has anyone else eaten at Bongo's who would review it and recommend anything on the menu? Just like to be prepared and have an idea of what's good! :)

Tinksalot
02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
We've eaten at Bongo's a few times. My personal favorite if Arroz con Pollo (chicken and yellow rice). We also love their cuban sandwiches, which I believe they only serve during lunch.

DVC2004
02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
We've eaten there once and it was lackluster for us unforunately. I ordered the Shrimp Diablo (can't remember the exact name) and it was supposed to be shrimp sauteed in a spicey sauce. It wasn't spicey at all. Flan was good though.

DisneyDawgette
02-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Oh no! Sorry you didn't have a great time! I wish they weren't so bent on Bongo's... I'm a Raglan kinda girl. :)

ASweetLov
02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am half Dominican so my sister and I decided to eat at Bongos on our last trip(her first trip). The food was DELICIOUS!!!! Everything was seasoned very well. Bright flavors. There was 3 of us and we all enjoyed what everyone ordered (yes we were picking on each others food lol) Here is a list of what we had that we would recommend to anyone

Appetizers
-Masitas de puerco (fried pork cubes)
-Croquetas de jamon (ham croquettes)
-Yuca fries

Entrees
-Bistec de palomilla (Thin tenderized steak) This melted in your mouth!!!
-Chicharrones de pollo (lightly floured chicken breast chunks)
-Lomo de puerco (Sesoned pork loin)

Dessert
-Flan :cloud9:
-Tresleches (very moist cake)

Loved this place so much that my fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon in September :mickey:

DisneyDawgette
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, ASweetLov! It's very helpful and I intend to pass it on! :thumbsup:

PS, congrats on your engagement/honeymoon! :cloud9: