PDA

View Full Version : Success with toddlers napping?

Mendelson
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
We'll have our 2.5yo in the nursery a couple of times...ideally, he'll nap in there but I'm thinking being in a different environment and being generally amped, he's probably not likely to. Anyone else have a success with this?

Pirate Granny
02-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Our DGK always napped in the room...we haven't had them at the Nursery. I think they have to be three for the kids club, and I don't believe they have areas for naps...when at Pop, we put her to bed in the pack and play and sat outside with the door ajar until she fell asleep.

Pirate Granny
02-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Our DGK always napped in the room...we haven't had them at the Nursery. I think they have to be three for the kids club, and I don't believe they have areas for naps...when at Pop, we put her to bed in the pack and play and sat outside with the door ajar until she fell asleep. my daughter also uses a white noise machine. No issues when we stayed at OKW in the GV or a 2 bedroom.

BrerGnat
02-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Just wondering, but why would you pay to send your child to the nursery to nap? Why not just have him nap in the cabin and send him to the nursery while he is awake and can have fun playing in there?

It's very easy to make the cabin dark and quiet in the middle of the day. And, it's even easier to have one parent off doing something fun while the little one naps (trade off on this so you both get a turn).

2.5 was our difficult age for naps as well. Our older DS just basically quit doing naps around 2 and our younger one would fight it a bit, but he would always sleep when he was really tired, even if it wasn't at his traditional "nap time". Just be flexible on vacation. Really tire him out every day and he will probably just pass out at some point. Don't spend too much time stressing about where he will nap and what time, etc. And, I'd recommend saving the Nursery for when you and DH want some time alone at an hour when he would normally be awake and playful anyway. You are paying extra for it, so make it worthwhile.

Mendelson
02-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Should have been more clear: if there are adult things we want to do during the day, particularly the couples spa villa thing, we would put him in the daycare during that time.

We would not normally send him to the daycare at all but probably will during the few things we'd like to do just as adults. At least one of those things would be during the day, over the time he would normally nap.