PDA

View Full Version : Idaho and Northern CA

Jeri Lynn
02-10-2013, 05:08 PM
My son is considering going to lineman school. Two sites he is interested in is Meridian Idaho and Oroville CA.

I am not familiar with Idaho at all but am somewhat familiar with Northern CA as my daughter did an internship at the Redwood National Forest last summer.

Can anyone offer any information on these two places?

Thanks!

Fangorn
02-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Meridian is pretty much a suburb of Boise and part of the greater Boise population center. Oroville, as you know is in Northern California about 70 miles North of Sacramento. Oroville is a nice enough town, but Meridian is by far, a much nicer place to live, with more local amenities, cultural options, and, I think, friendlier people. Weather in Idaho is certainly more extreme, with significant snow in the winter. Summer temps are similar though - both hot. Both are great places if you enjoy the outdoors, although I'd give Meridian an edge there too. The economic climate in Idaho is much better than California.

Personally, I would opt for Meridian. But then as someone who was born in, raised in, and escaped from California, I much prefer the Pacific Northwest, and I like the Boise area almost as much as Portland.

Steve

Jeri Lynn
02-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Thanks for all your input Steve, I appreciate it!!

Fangorn
02-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Glad to help. Anything more specific I might be able to help with?

Steve