PDA

View Full Version : Lost items - Never Found

Swiss
02-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Have you every lost an item at Disney that was not returned to you? - I lost a scraf that was very dear to me, I reported it, but to no avail. I know that it is a small item, it was just very Sentimental to me. It was the last personal gift my mother gave me before she passed away.

tadshome
02-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Yes, when we came off of the rock n roller coaster I noticed that someone had taken my bag and left theirs (similar in appearance) I handed the bag in but mine was not handed in :(

EpcotChic23
02-09-2013, 09:24 AM
My dh dropped his sunglasses in the main walkway from fw to ws he noticed immediately back tracked and never found them. For the rest of our trip he kept contacting lost and found but they never got handed in :(

Basket Mommy
02-09-2013, 10:58 AM
We accidentally left a black bed sheet and a Mickey pin at WL one trip. The black sheet was used to wrap around the crib when my kids were little so it would block out light and keep them from seeing us when they woke up. The pin was never returned, either. I don't know how the sheet was missed. It was still attached to the crib when we left.

Quadstriker
02-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I lost like 2 weeks of my life in what seemed like a day.

Melanie
02-09-2013, 04:52 PM
I lost like 2 weeks of my life in what seemed like a day.

It's those mid afternoon cocktails. ;) :marg::beer:

RavsRuleDisney!
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
one of our first trips as a family, last day at MK, were leaving the park but i stop in Fantasyland to grab a drink and snack. Halfway up Main Street i suddenly mumble a few expletives and race back to the snack stand....where i left my camcorder on the counter!! Not there. :( Left info at GR on the way out and followed up when we returned home - nuttin'. Could really care less about the cancorder but the videos can't be replaced...

Needless to say even with a new camcorder that I would bring along on subsequent trips I was always hesitant to lug it all over - didn't quite trust myself i guess. Hey, can shoot videos with my phone now - who knew! :thumbsup:

minnie04
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
A friend of mine left her camera on the train. And when we ask around nothing, but later in the day we went back to lost and found and it was there. I have to say I was shocked, but also glad that someone was nice enough to turn it in. I have never lost anything, but did find something once. A little boy left his autograph book on a trash can and when I noticed it I looked inside and low and behold his information was all filled out so cute in his little hand writing. I thought there is no way I’m going to find him and I really didn't think of lost and found. I just thought I would mail it to him and I did. I hope he enjoyed seeing it again and realized there are still good people in this world...:mickey: And I just might be one of them :thumbsup:

captain j
02-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Lost a camera at Castaway Cay a couple years ago. It was left sitting on a bathroom shelf...never to be found. Hope the thief enjoys the camera and the hundred or so family photos on the memory card!:mad:

tinkerbell04
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
We left our brand new camera in the lobby at the Boardwalk a few Decembers ago. The next day, I returned to the Boardwalk and someone had turned it into the gift shop. I was extremely grateful!

DVC2004
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
No,I should say not yet. We've been really lucky. DH misplaced our camera one trip and we discovered not too long after - he retraced his steps to the last attraction and saw a janitor- asked him and yes, he had just found it on top of the fast pass distribution machine and put it in a locker until he could get it to lost and found.

Another trip, we stayed at BC villas one night before morving on to somewhere else and we left not only one son's Nintendo DS (he had it in bed) but DH also forget a humidor with cigars in the mini fridge. Ugh! Housekeeping had not found the DS, but the family that checked in next did and promptly turned it in. Housekeeping found the humidor before that.

SBETigg
02-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Hang on to your hats and glasses! Son didn't hang on to his hat on Thunder Mountain, and the wildest ride in the wilderness claimed another hat, that we never got back.

We did get back a cell phone that he left on Space Mountain though- Lost and Found at TTC, amazing place.

MargaretMessler
02-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Pair of prescription eyeglasses with sunglass clips lost right off my head in the wave pool @ Typhoon Lagoon! I'm sure that even if they had been found, they would've been mangled beyond belief anyway. Now I just bring extra contact lenses and make sure I close my eyes or wear goggles underwater.