PDA

View Full Version : Does WDW do anything for honeymoons?

ASweetLov
02-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I will be going to WDW in September for my honeymoon. My travel agent is noting it on our reservations that we will be on our honeymoon. Does anyone know if resorts or restaurants do any little special things for love birds on their honeymoon? :heart::heart:

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-07-2013, 11:31 AM
WDW was the start of our 3-part honeymoon back in May of 2011. We received newlywed pins/buttons. Additionally, champagne and a dessert was waiting for us in our room when we got there. We also received a card from Mickey & Minnie saying Congrats. It was really special.

I highly recommend staying at the GF for your honeymoon. Congrats!

SBETigg
02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If you go in expecting lots of attention and free extras, you might be disappointed. But if you expect nothing and good things happen, it's always a plus.

We did get complimentary champagne, roses, chocolate strawberries, and a note in our room to congratulate us on our honeymoon, but it was 1990 (Grand Floridian). Long time ago. They didn't even have the bride and groom Mickey ears back then. We didn't wear buttons. No one in the parks or at restaurants knew it was our honeymoon, with the exception of one waiter at the Grand Floridian Cafe who made a big fuss of us every time we dined there (three times that week).

For anniversaries, though, we've had special desserts at some restaurants or complimentary champagne toasts, pictures or souvenir menus, that sort of thing. Sometimes when it was noted on our reservations, other times not. But you will be there sharing experiences and making memories with the one you love, and that's all that really matters. Best wishes!

Dulcee
02-07-2013, 12:12 PM
We just got back from our honeymoon this past December. We stayed at the POR and while we did get a very nice water view without paying extra for it there was nothing in our room upon checking in.

We did note our honeymoon on most of our dinner reservations. At all of our signature meals we we're given complimentary glasses of champagne or dessert wine. A few brought out special desserts. At one we received personalized menus. Another had a card signed by all the staff. The highlight was California Grill who sat us at a very private, quiet table in the wine room that was decorated with confetti, amongst other surprises throughout the meal. I will note that this was always at signature restaurants, despite noting it on other reservations it wasn't acknowledged.

We also wore the groom/bride ears for parts of the trip. They resulted in a lot of congratulations from other guests and questions about the wedding. If you don't like that kind of attention I don't suggest wearing them.

Also some tips from someone who just did there honeymoon there...take some time to enjoy it and make it different from past disney trips. We booked a couples massage at Saratoga Springs and I can't recommend it highly enough. We also booked many, many nice dinners. It gave us time to get away from the chaos of the parks, enjoy a few nice bottles of wine and really be with each other.

Whatever you do have a blast! WDW is a great place for a honeymoon in my opinion.

ASweetLov
02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks! I am not going expecting anything. I am happy I will be with him and I am happy where we are staying and the places we are planning to dine at. I was just curious if anyone has had anything done for them a little special on their honeymoon trip. I am just thrilled I will be there for 10 days :mickey:

ANG
02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
We honeymooned in Disney :mickey:

We got much more attention for wearing the bride/groom ears and the Just Married buttons from all the other guests! It was nice hearing congrats from complete strangers. Older couples (age 40+) were giving us random (yet nice!) marriage advice.
We noted on all our reservations. We got a small cupcake from the Maya Grill (we were staying at CS if that made a difference).

And Cinderella and Prince Charming made a big deal about it when we took a picture with them.

ASweetLov
02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Where would I be able to get the Just Married buttons? Is it something I can get at the resort or just at the parks?

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Where would I be able to get the Just Married buttons? Is it something I can get at the resort or just at the parks?

Ours were waiting in our room for us. :)

anneo
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
We went for our honeymoon back in 2008. One day we had balloons in our room. We also had a card signed by Mickey and Minnie. We ate at Tony's, and they decorated our table for us. At Tokyo Dining they gave us a special dessert. When we road Pirates the cast member gave us a boat to ourselves for our honeymoon cruise, and told us to be mindful because Disney is a family place, and there are cameras watching everything.:secret: We were chosen to be in the opening show for the Backlot Tour. We didn't wear the mouse ears, but we did wear our Just Married pins.

Quadstriker
02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
In a word: yes.

nfrustaci
02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
the buttons are usually with your check in package. also if it is your first time u should note that as well because u will get a button for that too. lol

PixieMagic
02-17-2013, 02:07 AM
We got put on a few rides alone (we wore buttons and hats), at Teppan Edo we were with all anniversary and honeymoon couples and at Tony's they sprinkled our table with confetti....
Our biggest surprise was at check-in at the Poly they upgraded us to club level!

PixieMagic
02-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Oh! And I forgot, our room had balloons and signed photos from Mickey & Minnie.... also one night we came back to an awesome romantic dessert spread :o)

FLKatie912
02-17-2013, 11:01 AM
They no longer have the "Just Married" buttons with Cinderella and Prince Charming. They now offer "Happily Ever After" buttons which are given out to everything. I suggest getting Bride/Groom ears if you are looking for more attention. :) Or look for the just married buttons on ebay. I've seen some for 99 cents :).

When we honeymooned in Disney in Aug/Sept 2010, we had the "old" buttons and wore the ears just the day we arrived and our day at the MK for picture purposes. We did get quite a few "treats" like bottles of water, snacks, etc. We stayed at Coronado Springs.

Ltmoko
02-18-2013, 10:30 AM
On our honeymoon in 1999, we stayed at the Poly. Revserved a std room, got there and we were upgraded to a water view in a build close to everything! Had a great view of MK! We wore our pins, no hats. I think we did not add it to our dining resys. On our 10 yr anniversary, we had it on all of our reservations! No balloons or anything but at a lot of dinners we got our table decorated and deserts! We wore our pins for that one too! Make sure its on your room resy and dinind resys! Like others said dont expect it and you will be plesantly surprised when it does happen!!!! :thumbsup:

disneygoofball
02-22-2013, 06:01 AM
We honeymooned at the Poly in 2006. I don't remember getting anything in our room, but we purchased the bride and groom ears (DH was a good sport!), and got lots of comments and congratulations throughout the day. I can't remember which restaurants gave us stuff, but our table was decorated and we received a free dessert at one, and we got a signed card and decorations at another (I'm pretty sure that was CP in MK).

I agree with the the comments above, though. Go in not expecting to get a lot, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Definitely get the bride and groom ears, though. They're a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
02-23-2013, 01:28 PM
DH and I spent our honey moon in WDW and we made sure to wear our Just Married pins everywhere we went.

We got free cookies and fast passes to Soarin' at the seasons food court
Darn near every CM stopped to tell us congratulations.
At Teppan Edo they gave us a free dessert that said 'happy wedding' on it
At 50s Prime Time 'aunt elaine' brought us a (freaking delicious) cupcake and made us feed each other cake and took a picture of it because 'we didn't invite the whole family to the wedding'. she also told the whole restaurant that we were cousins.
I don't know if it had anything to do with us being married but when we walked into MK one evening there was a man happen to be standing at the entrance with the little train thing that goes up main street and it;s almost like someone planted him there waiting on us, he took us to the front (we had our wedding ears on) and tons of people waved to us... truly magical!!!

there were many other little small things that happened but those are the ones that stick out in my head the most. that was by far the most amazing trip DH and I took together alone. We loved it.

Juggalotus
02-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Our honeymoon was back in 2005. We wore our buttons or the honeymoon ears just about everywhere we went.

There were a couple cool things that we had happen. One was the cast members leading characters about who would shout "Congratulations" out to us as they passed by and wave to us.
The other, and I think this was as much luck of the ADR than anything else, was having dinner at Coral Reef almost all by ourselves. I had made them for the first dinner time-slot, and there was no one else in the dining room. It was just us, right up against the glass. And then there was a dive group going through the tank at the time, and all of them swam by to wave and "clap" for us while we ate.

There were also a couple times we either got "instant" fast passes. And when we rode Test Track, we took the single ride line, fully expecting to ride separate (we just didn't want to wait in the line). When we got to the front, the CM loading cars sat us next to each other in the same car.

I don't remember too much else, just that I can't wait to go back for an anniversary and our daughters' first trip.

WhiteRose1
02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
I have posted this in various places but the advice you have seen is spot on. We also honeymooned, back in 2003, and we are going back for our 10th. (We went for our 5th anniversary too.)

Each trip was different.
For our honeymoon, we got no upgrades, even could not get a king bed in AKL. We did, however, get asked to be the grand marshalls in the Stars and Cars Parade. (I have the picture of us in the car waving at the crowds at work, so everyone can be jealous!)

For our 5th, we got upgraded to Poly Club level MK view, from regular MK view.

For our honeymoon, We wore Bride and Groom ears once to each park. We got private boat rides on many boat trips, including pirates and mexico. (no lines) Also, the CM for Norway ushered us to the front of the line.We got desserts at different resturants too, no alcohol.

Oh...try to get reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table..and let them know it's your honeymoon, even if it's on your reservatons. We had an amazing experience there, I do not want to spoil it just in case it's no longer being done, but we ate there once in 2003 and twice in 2008 and all three times we were surprised with this amazing gift. (I do not know if this is something that is done EVERY time.) When we got our third surprise, we gave it to a couple that had gotten engaged right there in the resturant. If you want more details, please let me know, but I hesitate to put it out there.

If I had a choice to go anywhere in the world for my 10th anniversary...I'd still choose Disney, because even if nothing is done by any CM, it is still an amazing, magical trip.

Also, the magic is in what you make it.