PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's live trip report - part four

dlpmikki
02-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Day 10 - Wednesday 30th January
What to do? Today is going to be hot (it doesn't quite hit the January record of 86F). Tomorrow will be cold. We make today another shopping day - and a successful one. First stop was the Lake Buena Vista factory outlets. Over the years, my humans have had different experiences here. Today, they did better then they expected but not as well as they hoped. They did better then expected by finding a carrying case to hold Andre's tablet computer. It is very smart and cost about $40 after discounts so huge we suspected business is pretty desperate. We didn't do as well as hoped when Mikki looked in the small Disney outlet there (there used to be a larger one with some unusual items). This store had some nice looking polo shirts at a very good price but none in Mikki's size.
We then moved on to the Florida Mall where Mikki noticed her purse strap was coming apart. What a surprise that she managed to find a very practical and smart new one. Another trip to Whole Foods for salad and fruit and back to the resort.

Day 11 - Thursday 31st January
It's a lot colder today (60s) but it looks like the rain has passed through so warm clothes for the humans and off to Epcot.
We follow the accepted drill for enjoying the popular attractions. Arrive early and go straight to Soarin. Collect fastpass (in our case, returnable between 10 and 11am). Join standby line (10 mins) and enjoy the ride. Next, cross the park to Mission Space and ride Orange Team. We had two empty seats in our capsule so my human crew were busy. Finally, return for the fastpass ride of Soarin, stopping at Test Track only if the wait is short enough (today, Mikki decided she didn't want to do it anyway.
Soarin and Mission Space are terrific experiences, and quite unlike anything else I know.
We then went to World Showcase and crossed to Italy by boat. The humans had lunch at "The Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar" and enjoyed it very much.
On our way out, we ride Spaceship Earth. Mikki checks the video we have made of our future and e-mails it home.

Day 12 - Friday 1st February
The humans set off early to take pictures in the Magic Kingdom. They wandered around quite a lot doing this but concentrated on the new bits in Fantasyland. Pictures of Cinderella Castle with a giant crane next to it may be unusual but . ..
I am pleased to report they humans did not go to see any characters without me but less pleased to hear they went to the Pinocchio Village Haus and did not even visit the Figaro room. They ate upstairs and took some more pictures from the balcony.
As for rides, they had entered the park with thoughts of Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion but both were having problems (fixed later, I hear). They only rode Small World and watched Philharmagic.
Mikki has been trying to use "My Disney Experience" on her phone or tablet but it refuses to work for and sends her messages saying she has to be in Walt Disney World - rather frustrating when you are using Disney WiFi in Fantasyland. So on the way out, she asks in Guest Services. They had no ideas for help.

VWL Mom
02-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Glad to see the trip progressing nicely. Remind Mikki that she needs to have locations services on in order for My Disney Experience to work correctly. Mine are usually off to protect battery life and I need to remember to turn it on.

DizNee143
02-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Sounds like another great few days of being at the parks and doing some shopping!! :mickey:

hoop de do
02-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Sounds like you are having a great time.
No picture today? :(

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm glad you were brave enough for Mission Space Orange ... that freaks me out!

Sounds like the humans are enjoying the trip too!

vizsla
02-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the report,

IwannabeinNarnia
02-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Glad to hear the shopping went well. And I would give anything to have temps in the 60s right now.. it's in the 20s here...

hauntedmansiongirl
02-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Too bad that Mikki didn't find a shirt at the Disney Outlet in the right size. Isn't that always the way?

:confused:

January-2007
02-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

faline
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
What variable weather! Still - a nice few days.

pdrlkr
02-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: