PDA

View Full Version : The Following

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Has anyone been watching this new show with Kevin bacon?

I'm a huge Kevin bacon fan and to see him every week I am thoroughly enjoying!

I'm a big Edgar Allan Poe reader so it's very interesting to see the concept of this show. While a little gruesome and morbid in some scenes, the shows concept is interesting.

Anyone else watching?

SBETigg
02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes, I'm watching! Good show. I missed the last one and I have to catch up.

PirateLover
02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
I mentioned in another thread that we are watching this. It is very good, but very gruesome. Kevin Bacon is excellent, and so far it is really well done. Reminds me in some ways of 24, with the tortured lead character and always racing against time... only on 24 I feel like there was a chance you might survive! Seems like everyone just keeps dying on this show.

TheDuckRocks
02-07-2013, 09:28 AM
DH and I have become totally hooked on this show. I do wish they were not so gruesome.
Does anyone else feel there is something off with the female cop/FBI agent?

SBETigg
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
DH and I have become totally hooked on this show. I do wish they were not so gruesome.
Does anyone else feel there is something off with the female cop/FBI agent?

Yes. I'm not sure if there is, or the writers just want us to think that, but there's something going on there, like maybe she's an inside member of the cult or has some history there. But they could just be using that character to mess with us and it turns out to be nothing.

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Yes. I'm not sure if there is, or the writers just want us to think that, but there's something going on there, like maybe she's an inside member of the cult or has some history there. But they could just be using that character to mess with us and it turns out to be nothing.

This!

Wasn't it her that made the phone call to Ryan that the wife of the "fire guy" was in on the whole thing. If the lady agent was in on it, she wouldn't have made that phone call.

PirateLover
02-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Again, could be my years of 24 watching coming into play when there almost always was a "mole," but I definitely think we will find out someone on the inside is in on it, just biding their time. Another possibility is the young agent (character name escapes me) who says Ryan (bacon) is his role model and seems to know more about the guy than he does himself. Hmmm. Love a show that keeps you in suspense.

TinkerbellT421
02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Another possibility is the young agent (character name escapes me)

this!!!!

I Too feel that the woman cop something is up with her but can't quite put my finger on it!

BUT! I definitely think something is "off" about the younger techy cop

TheDuckRocks
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I think that either of the 2 "cops" or both could be up to no good. Or maybe one of them or both are going to die. Or maybe they are going to keep on killing off the good guys and Kevin will single handed take on evil. Great show they really have gotten me hanging in to see what will happen next.

PopPhan
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Will try to catch up on this tonight....FX network has a 'marathon' starting at 10pm (Eastern) tonight...

wdwfamilyof4
02-11-2013, 08:06 PM
This show is so good! It's like a movie every week. I actually jump and scream at the scary parts!:blush: My husband has even been seen coverng his eyes. We had the same argument is it the FBI leader or the young FBI guy who follows Kevin (show's to new, I don't know any of the names yet) around like a puppy? You know someone has to be the "inside" guy.
The weird thing is that I hate to watch anything scary but this definatley has me hooked!:thumbsup:

PirateLover
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
After last night's episode I said to my husband "Wow, an episode where people in peril actually survived!" This is a really great thriller... I just want to see Kevin Bacon do some more butt-kicking (looks like we may get that next week)!

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
After last night's episode I said to my husband "Wow, an episode where people in peril actually survived!" This is a really great thriller... I just want to see Kevin Bacon do some more butt-kicking (looks like we may get that next week)!

Hold the phone....was it on last night??? My DVR didn't record anything. What time was it on?

PirateLover
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Yes, 9pm. Do you have on demand? You should be able to watch it there, although they make you sit through the commercials.

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes, 9pm. Do you have on demand? You should be able to watch it there, although they make you sit through the commercials.

Grrrr! I will have to watch it online I guess. First, I need to figure out why my DVR didn't record it (we have DirectTV).

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Thoughts about last night's (2/18) episode?!

I am sooo glad they have found Joey. Although I know it isn't over yet. I am wondering if Jacob is a possible informant or if he really is a "bad guy"? I wonder what Joe has on his attorney, Olivia, or why she feels trapped and must help him.

SBETigg
02-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Thoughts about last night's (2/18) episode?!

I am sooo glad they have found Joey. Although I know it isn't over yet. I am wondering if Jacob is a possible informant or if he really is a "bad guy"? I wonder what Joe has on his attorney, Olivia, or why she feels trapped and must help him.

I'm glad, too. I spent the episode feeling like they were teasing us and that he would be whisked away in time. And then at the end, I was a little encouraged, only to be left hanging again. I feel like it's too soon. If they do get Joey out safely, another shoe has to drop to bring the tension levels back up.

PopPhan
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Last episode (2/18) was just too predictable....You could see what was going to happen well in advance.

If it keeps up like this, it's going to be hard to maintain its 'Following' :D

c&d
02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
All caught up now, didn't see some of it coming in Monday's episode. The female FBI agent, not sure where they are going with her character. Are they just giving us a history perspective or what?

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
All caught up now, didn't see some of it coming in Monday's episode. The female FBI agent, not sure where they are going with her character. Are they just giving us a history perspective or what?

I was sooo mad they didn't get to save Joey. Although I figured they would all escape somehow. It sort of annoyed me how the one cop and the 2 swat guys were part of the plan. A little far fetched but whatever! I get it, it's TV...

Not exactly sure where they are going with the female FBI agent. I guess we'll find out!

The guy that had Claire (Robert?) was a little creepy, ha. Wouldn't that be scary to know someone was following you and taking such detailed note. Even creepier watching you sleep! If I were Claire, I wouldn't have gotten in that car unarmed (too much risk).

I wasn't surprised Emma left Jacob and Paul and didn't respond to their call. She is evil.

The show is definitely keeping us on our toes!

PirateLover
02-27-2013, 05:30 PM
The episode was going great for me until it had a jump the shark moment. Taking out the FBI Agents and then posing as them to ensure the escape of the 3 bozos, and Joey gets away with them? Not liking that at all. Also, how about when they found Clarie in the hideout, the guy set off a puny flash bomb and the agent looks down the corridor and says "They're gone!" and doesn't even try to chase after them???? There are some great ideas here but the writing is getting pretty sloppy and far fetched.

PirateLover
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
This is getting way too over the top. Love Bacon's performance but I don't even know if we'll finish the season. We spend half of the time shaking our heads in disbelief.

SBETigg
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
This is getting way too over the top. Love Bacon's performance but I don't even know if we'll finish the season. We spend half of the time shaking our heads in disbelief.

I haven't even seen the last two shows. I keep forgetting to watch. And I'm afraid I might get too lost and never catch up again. This is one of those shows that if you lose the thread, you won't catch it again.