PDA

View Full Version : Joffrey's Coffee to Replace Nescafe at Disney Resorts

Melanie
02-06-2013, 02:05 PM
It's being reported that Joffrey's Coffee will replace Nescafe at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and in Disney Vacation Club locations. This should take place within a few months.

I personally have hardly ever heard of Joffrey's and have never tried it, but can it be worse than Nescafe? I doubt it. Good news!

But wonder why Starbuck's didn't get the deal? :confused:

BriarRose0708
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
The only Joffrey I know of is a ballet company! But I have to agree, I don't see how it can be any worse than the garbage they have now. This will be something to look forward to, I hope our friends who are traveling over spring break and Easter will report back about the change. :mcoffee::coffee:

Figment!
02-06-2013, 02:17 PM
They're a Tampa, FL based company.

They appear to offer mostly specialty coffees. :coffee:

BrerGnat
02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
You've probably tried it.

I believe Joffrey's runs the smaller coffee kiosks found around the World. They run Contemporary Grounds, for sure. I believe they also operate a kiosk at AK, DHS, and the Boardwalk.

Basically, anywhere you find espresso based coffee drinks, iced coffee, etc, it's usually a Joffrey's kiosk.

It's pricey, but good! WAY better than Starbucks, IMO.

VWL Mom
02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I just went on their website, the coffee sells for $11.95/pound :eek:. I'm so looking forward to the change but, like you, have to wonder why they didn't go with Starbucks.

VWL Mom
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM

I believe Joffrey's runs the smaller coffee kiosks found around the World. They run Contemporary Grounds, for sure. I believe they also operate a kiosk at AK, DHS, and the Boardwalk.

Basically, anywhere you find espresso based coffee drinks, iced coffee, etc, it's usually a Joffrey's kiosk.

I knew the name sounds familiar :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
They're a Tampa, FL based company.

Ha!! Um, wonder why I've hardly heard of them then? I'm guessing they don't have stores like Starbucks or Caribou?

BrerGnat
02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I just went on their website, the coffee sells for $11.95/pound :eek:. I'm so looking forward to the change but, like you, have to wonder why they didn't go with Starbucks.

I pay $8.99 for 11oz bags of Dunkin at Target. Which, per ounce, is more expensive than this stuff. $12/pound is not that expensive.

Hammer
02-06-2013, 03:54 PM

While I don't like them better than Starbucks (not a fan of Dunkin) I do think they make a good specialty coffee. I think they may have won the bid as they already run some kiosks in Walt Disney World so the transition should be seamless. I'm sure as they are local, they gave a lower bid due to ease for distribution. Also, it's good PR when you support local businesses.

Whatever the reason, just happy that Nescafe will be gone!

ls1jt
02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Wonder if Disney will charge more for mugs, etc now that they have a "Premium" Coffee Supplier...

PETE FROM NYC
02-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't know. It seems that since Starbucks came into being, a lot of folks became coffee snobs. I have tried Starbucks at a few different locations, and found that they all taste like boiled swamp mud. Joffreys ? Never heard of them.
Give me good old Chock full o' nuts any day!!!

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
I personally dislike Starbucks, tremendously. Burnt mud IMO. I'm looking forward to the change. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
It can only be an improvement.

DizneyFreak2002
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Geez, doesn't Joffrey have enough on his plate being ruler of the Seven Kingdoms? Now he takes over WDW and Disneyland too?

Points to those of you who get the reference! For those who don't, then turn into HBO on March 30.. :)

Regarding the coffee, anything is better than Starbucks burnt mud...

AndrewJackson
02-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm surprised that a small local company can handle the volume at WDW. Congrats to them for getting the contract!

PlutoToo
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I believe this is the coffee served at Trail's End in FW.

Melanie
02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm surprised that a small local company can handle the volume at WDW. Congrats to them for getting the contract!

Not just WDW, but Disneyland and DVC locations (assuming Hilton Head, Aulani, Vero) as well.

PirateLover
02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Good one DisneyFreak :)
If Joffrey's runs the espresso kiosk on the path to World Showcase, then we've tried it and liked it. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
02-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Good one DisneyFreak :)
If Joffrey's runs the espresso kiosk on the path to World Showcase, then we've tried it and liked it. :thumbsup:

Someone got it... Now I feel like less of a geek LOL... ;)

Fangorn
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Someone got it... Now I feel like less of a geek LOL... ;)

Hmmm... you may feel less like a geek, (geeks of a feather, and all that) but strength in numbers doesn't negate the truth - you are a geek. I've been one since before the word came into common usage. Do not be ashamed of geekdom. Embrace it.

As for your reference here, I share a surname with both Lord Eddard and a guy by the name of Tony. I have no choice but to be a geek.

:thumbsup:

Steve

joonyer
02-06-2013, 09:41 PM
All the "geekness" aside, since Nescafe isn't actually coffee, anything else has to be an improvement, simply because it's not Nescafe.

DizneyFreak2002
02-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Hmmm... you may feel less like a geek, (geeks of a feather, and all that) but strength in numbers doesn't negate the truth - you are a geek. I've been one since before the word came into common usage. Do not be ashamed of geekdom. Embrace it.

As for your reference here, I share a surname with both Lord Eddard and a guy by the name of Tony. I have no choice but to be a geek.

Steve

Now I feel better... :thumbsup:

I would gladly trade in 1 head of Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell for a decent cup of coffee in WDW.. Starbucks isn't that decent cup of coffee... maybe Joffrey is...

BrerGnat
02-07-2013, 08:05 AM
On another note, has anyone noticed Starbucks recent ads for their "Blonde Roast?" They're like, "we understand many people don't like our coffee, so we have a new one that actually tastes good...try it!" Reminds me of Domino's recent "we know our pizza has been awful for years, so we actually tried to make it better" ads. ;)

This kind of advertising makes me laugh. Why can't food companies be happy with less than total market domination?

Melanie
02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
On another note, has anyone noticed Starbucks recent ads for their "Blonde Roast?" They're like, "we understand many people don't like our coffee, so we have a new one that actually tastes good...try it!" Reminds me of Domino's recent "we know our pizza has been awful for years, so we actually tried to make it better" ads. ;)

This kind of advertising makes me laugh. Why can't food companies be happy with less than total market domination?

Funny you mention this, because I was going to suggest that those who are complaining about the 'burnt' taste of Starbucks coffee should try the Veranda (the blonde roast). Whereas I used to only get Frappacino's in store since I didn't care for their regular roast either, I now only get the Veranda. Worked on me. ;) And I mainly drink Veranda for my K cups as well.

seanyred
02-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Funny you mention this, because I was going to suggest that those who are complaining about the 'burnt' taste of Starbucks coffee should try the Veranda (the blonde roast). Whereas I used to only get Frappacino's in store since I didn't care for their regular roast either, I now only get the Verando. Worked on me. ;) And I mainly drink Veranda for my K cups as well.

I agree, the blonde roast is much better. I bought a bag of whole beans and its pretty good cup of coffee but it is still Starbucks. There are much better coffee brands out there.

I hope Jofferys is better. I wonder are they the ones who supply Kona Cafe and Boma? If that's the case then there is hope for a good cup of joe in The World.

roses
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
:thumbsup: I was quite cranky this past vacation every morning since I had to skip my daily coffee because Nescafe was awful. We tried to use that at my job - it lasted a week before we quickly switched back to Green Mountain...

Pop Centurion
02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
This is great news not only because Nescafe will be gone but mainly because a smaller business will be able to thrive with such a big accounts as Disney. We see too many small businesses constantly going under so I'm happy for Joffrey's.

Granny Jill A
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I personally dislike Starbucks, tremendously. Burnt mud IMO. I'm looking forward to the change. :thumbsup:

Interesting about Starbucks. We had several stand-alone stores close. It's losing popularity among coffee drinkers I know precisely because of the "burnt" taste.

I celebrate the replacement of Nescafe, though. This means I can drink coffee on vacation again. Woo hoo......:thumbsup:

Gayle
02-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Love the reference to Coming to America, do not care for Starbucks, but hopefully this will be an improvement. Love my coffee in the morning, this has to be better than the colored water they are now serving!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

TheVBs
02-09-2013, 02:38 PM
YAY!! :mickey: This is great news.

big blue and hairy
02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
As long as they brew it properly. The "sludge-o-matic they use for Nescafe if the absolute worst way to make coffee.

Crow
02-10-2013, 10:29 PM
i could only drink it one day in my mug...had to go w soda

PopPhan
02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
As long as they brew it properly. The "sludge-o-matic they use for Nescafe if the absolute worst way to make coffee.

Got to agree with this....If it is the 'pre-brewed, just add hot water' stuff, it will still probably be bad, but that Nescafe paste had absolutely NO flavor. Just about anything would be better - even Tasters Choice crystals! :D

SurferStitch
02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
As long as it's a good as Starbucks, I'll be happy. I am a Starbucks fan. I really don't understand the "burnt" comments.

And, I don't like the Blonde roast.... Waaaaaay too weak for me. :ack:

princessgirls
02-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Honestly...I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT NESCAFE has LIVED THIS LONG IN DISNEY!!!

I mean...Nescafe is the WORST OF THE WORST.

:confused: I never understood why they thought it was OK to serve it. A seasoned resort. WHY?????

Anything frankly would be an improvement. It wasn't even freshly brewed.

Julie:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Funny you mention this, because I was going to suggest that those who are complaining about the 'burnt' taste of Starbucks coffee should try the Veranda (the blonde roast). Whereas I used to only get Frappacino's in store since I didn't care for their regular roast either, I now only get the Veranda. Worked on me. ;) And I mainly drink Veranda for my K cups as well.

Tried the Blonde Roast today... While it does not taste like burnt mud, it still did not taste good to me... Guess I just don't like Starbucks LOL...

DisneyCheesehead
03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Stayed at the Coronado last month, and the coffee there could not have been Nescafe, because it was good.
When my wife and I walked for coffee every morning, I would end up drinking 3 mugs full.
That really annoyed our daughter, she hated waiting for my restroom breaks when we got to the park.