PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Character Encounter..How Old Am I!!

Cheshire_Girl
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I just had to share this since I have mentioned several times here in various posts how much I wish I could have a real spontaneous character experience in the parks...it is the one thing that I remember from my DLR trip as a child!!

So...was at AK on Saturday-In DinoRama (no poo pooing! I love Dino Rama)
Headed up the "road" when we see Goofy and Pluto, with their handlers in tow of course, coming straight for us headed toward the meet and greet area...I stopped dead in my tracks. I must have looked like a kid in a candy shop. I'm sure my DB was mortified at my flat palmed clapping as they approached...
Well, to my surprise, I think my reaction made Pluto's tail wag-next thing I know I am being hugged and Kissed by Pluto :) (which was my head practically fully enveloped in his mouth)
And of course, it all happened so quickly, no picutures..but man-was it cool. A genuine, no waiting in line, spontaneous character encounter...with a character I actually love!!
I was on :cloud9:

Zippy 1
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
We had a couple of those encounters last February when we were there. First we encountered Stitch - who is my DD's favorite. Then we encountered Mulan. Mulan spent about 5 minutes with us - we got tons of pictures. I love moments like that!!

SBETigg
02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Fun! You're never too old for character excitement. :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I had tons of moments like that last week in Disneyland. I'm a 10 year old girl when it comes to characters. :heart:

Disney4us2
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I had one of those at Disneyland this past Saturday. We were in Tomorrowland (by the giant water ball). The storm troopers (Star Wars) had just come out.

I was sitting on my scooter and they came over to us. One of them turned on the scooter and played the theme from Star Wars with my horn. It happend fast and I didn't get my camera in time. It was sure funny and gathered a very large crowd.:D

Later in the day we were in NOS and saw Tiana in the meet/greet courtyard. No one was there. We had an extended visit. Mickey (the bear) also got into character and joined in on the fun.

IamBelle
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM
I had two similar experiences last summer on the same day in the MK. I was wearing a shirt with "Life of the Party" on it and Stitch as well as Chip and Dale saw the shirt and started dancing like crazy and pulled me in to dance with them! It was so much fun!!

BuddyL4
05-28-2013, 02:40 PM
I had a surprise moment with figment at Epcot. It was strange because I was called figment at summer camp were I volunteered the week before. My then teenage boys thought I was nuts:silly:

TinkerbellT421
05-28-2013, 06:08 PM
The spontaneous interactions are always the best! Thanks for this post, I don't feel so weird that I'm an adult that turns into a little kid upon the instant spotting of a character! :mickey:

joanna71985
05-28-2013, 06:13 PM
You are never too old to meet the characters! During SWW, I got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald at once. I think I was more excited then some of the kids

sneezyone
10-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm a MAJOR Sneezy fan...it's my email, my name here and the LEGAL, state-issued license plate on my car (I even had one in PA when I lived there) any who, we were at MNSSHP 5 years ago and there was Snow and ALL SEVEN dwarfs! OMG! I was babbling like a 2 year old telling him about my license plate and how people had called me Sneezy for years and all of that!

So I have this amazing pic of me, dressed as Sally from NBC, Snow and the seven dwarfs (Sneezy even has his head on my shoulder!)

mickclub1955
11-14-2013, 10:46 AM
This is how I remember WDW. Sadly, there are so many people now, the poor characters would get knocked down if they walked around the parks like they did then. I will say that DL has more characters around than MK does at any given moment. I was surprised at all of the character interaction at DL than at MK. It is not just characters either. They have more street entertainment as well.

Be Nice About Disney
12-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Well, I have a feeling all that is going to change for the better in the coming year, since one component of MyMagic+/NextGen is going to be more simple and unplanned character meet-and-greet sets, which will include more chances to see rare, random or roaming characters in the parks, including some new friends and ones that haven't been out in ages.