PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco Coming to Disney World

John
02-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco Coming to Disney World

The world just saw quarterback Joe Flacco lead the Baltimore Ravens to a Super Bowl win tonight in New Orleans, so the only question now is what Flacco is going to do next. Unless you have been stuck inside Space Mountain the last 20 years, the answer is pretty obvious: He’s going to Disney World, of course!

Yep, immediately after Flacco and his team beat the San Francisco 49ers tonight 34-31 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Flacco stood on the field, stared into a camera and shouted those now famous words: “I’m Going To Disney World!” The iconic moment is being used as part of a national TV commercial that, over the years, has become woven into the very fabric of the Super Bowl.

Flacco was the hero of the game, throwing three touchdown passes – all in the first half of the game – and completed 22 of his 33 passes for 287 yards to lead the Ravens to victory in front of a packed superdome crowd and a worldwide TV audience of more than 100 million. The performance earned him the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player (MVP) award.

More importantly for Walt Disney World Resort guests, the performance means Flacco will be coming to Magic Kingdom Park on Monday for a celebratory Super Bowl parade down Main Street, U.S.A., featuring balloons, confetti and Disney characters such as Mickey and Minnie. It’s the perfect way for Flacco and fans to spend some “Disney Time” which very likely will become magical memories that will stay with them for a lifetime.

Source: Disney Parks Blog

CynBeth
02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
If anyone was at the parade and has pics please PM me. Thanks!

Melanie
02-04-2013, 07:37 PM
From Disney Parks Blog:

Magic Kingdom Park had a distinctive purple haze to it this afternoon as Baltimore Ravens fans joined other park guests and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco in celebrating the team’s big win with a parade down Main Street, U.S.A.

Flacco rode in the parade along with Mickey Mouse, who dressed for the occasion by wearing his own football uniform, as confetti and balloons swirled around them amid cheers from the crowd.

Flacco, who was accompanied by his wife and other family members, is appearing in the famous “I’m Going To Disney World” commercial that is airing this week. Flacco threw three touchdown passes to lead the Ravens over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII and become part of our 26th “I’m Going To Disney World” campaign.

Jared
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I wonder what his favorite ride (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204573704577187010261778958.html) was. ;)

(Eli Manning's was Space Mountain!)

T-Belle
02-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Wacko for Flacco!!!!!:mickey: Love him!

mousetrapper
03-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Me too T-Belle! GO RAVENS!!! :thumbsup: