PDA

View Full Version : Best Week in October?

DizMagic
02-03-2013, 05:41 PM
We are beginning to plan our trip to the World in October. Please help me figure out which week to go. In the past we go the first week in October but we are open to other weeks too. We have four of our five birthdays in October so we will be celebrating birthdays while we are there.

Which week -- Saturday to Friday -- do you think is best? Oct. 5 to 11 or Oct. 12 to 18?

Thanks!

BigRedDad
02-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Both weeks will be virtually the same. Epcot will be busy at WS after 3PM almost every day and extremely crowded Friday - Sunday. You won't regret either of those weeks.

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I would do the first week because the second week will be over Columbus day.

Checkers
02-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Both weeks will be virtually the same. Epcot will be busy at WS after 3PM almost every day and extremely crowded Friday - Sunday. You won't regret either of those weeks.

We have been there both weeks and agree that either week would be good. This past Oct. we were there over Columbus Day and the crowds weren't bad. As already stated, it is F&WF so weekends are always busy.

WhiteRose1
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd pick the first set of dates....oh wait..I did! We arrive the 6th of Oct!

We honeymooned in 2003 over columbus day weekend (our actual Anniversary is oct 12, by the way.) and it was much more busy than earlier in the month. If you planned for the end of Sept, it's even quieter!

If you check out different uber-planning sites they list the earlier Oct dates much more favorably. (Like TGM or Touringplans)

In 2008, our last Oct trip, we started the trip earlier and found a much more sedate experience in the park and also at our hotel. (When we checked in, NO LINES!)

As it got closer to Columbus Day, it got more crowded and also our room rates went up.

As we plan for our 10th anniversary trip, I have been seeing a few people traveling during our timeframe (or asking about how busy it is etc) on various sites, so maybe it won't be quite as quiet....:D Or maybe it's just all the realy cool disney fans who will be there which means everyone will have an amazing experience with no bad apples! :thumbsup:

Anyway, um,where was I... oh, yes! Pick the earlier October dates!