PDA

View Full Version : Coronado -ever receive complimentary upgrade?

minnie-mouse
02-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Has anyone ever received a complimentary upgrade here? Also, are they good about granting room requests for certain sections?

Pirate Granny
02-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Upgrade to what??? We once were forced to reserve a king...we wanted two beds. (Two females)...our agent said, of course , everyone wanst a king, don't worry, you'll be able to get two beds when u check in...NOT...too fuuny, but they did offer to move us to another moderate hotel.

BigRedDad
02-03-2013, 04:34 PM
There's not too many "upgrades" at this resort. The only upgrade would be closer to the main building. I don't see too many reasons why you won't get a room request unless you want one of the Casitas rooms right next to the convention center. The reason is conventioners get priority on those rooms.

Kairi_7378
02-03-2013, 04:46 PM
I was "upgraded" to a water view room on our first trip, but I didn't realize it until we got back. (I had wanted to request the same room/ area again, but didn't want to pay for it, so I ended up not making the request.)

BigRedDad
02-04-2013, 01:26 AM
In Value and Moderate resorts, I do not understand having a "view". The reason is you have to open your window for everyone to see into your business to see the "view". I do not need anyone staring into my room, me watching people go by, and then seeing a railing for the most part anyway.

This is just my opinion. Views at Deluxe resorts are a different story because it is out the back of the room with no one really walking by staring in.

Melanie
02-04-2013, 07:18 AM
In Value and Moderate resorts, I do not understand having a "view". The reason is you have to open your window for everyone to see into your business to see the "view". I do not need anyone staring into my room, me watching people go by, and then seeing a railing for the most part anyway.

This is just my opinion. Views at Deluxe resorts are a different story because it is out the back of the room with no one really walking by staring in.

Agreed. I guess last month we were 'upgraded' at Coronado Springs because we had a pool view, but really, it doesn't matter that much. Although it wasn't an issue (because I tend to equate 'pool view' with noise), I prefer to actually have a courtyard or parking lot view at Mods/Values.

FenwayGirl
02-04-2013, 08:29 AM
@melonie. What is your favorite section of this resort. I am booked there for the first time.

Angelgirl65
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
I also rec'd waterview when booking a standard

Melanie
02-04-2013, 08:38 AM
@melonie. What is your favorite section of this resort. I am booked there for the first time.

We've stayed in all three sections many times (we love Coronado) and my favorite is Cabanas. Loved the laid back feel, the beaches and it's close to both El Centro and The Dig Site (the main pool).

MNNHFLTX
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I have stayed at Coronado Springs four times and have never been upgraded, which is fine with me. This is one resort where I am perfectly happy with a non-water view room and don't mind walking a bit (although I have never stayed in the Rancho section, as that seems just a bit too far away).

hauntedmansiongirl
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
We didn't get an upgrade. I paid for a king bed room and my only request was for a non-handicapped room with a parking lot view. I have really long hair and the shower heads in the handicapped room just don't cut it. We also had a brand new truck that my DH wanted to admire.

When we checked in we got a pool view, handicapped room. The resort was full so they couldn't change us. Later on that night, we came back from MK at 1am and went to have a shower- the water pressure was literally a trickle. We were exhausted after driving 22 hrs, being in the park and all we wanted was a nice shower and bed. We called front desk and after a half hour they found us a non-handicapped room. By 3am we were checked into it. Long night but worth it in the long run. :mickey2:

Melanie
02-05-2013, 04:54 PM
I have stayed at Coronado Springs four times and have never been upgraded, which is fine with me. This is one resort where I am perfectly happy with a non-water view room and don't mind walking a bit (although I have never stayed in the Rancho section, as that seems just a bit too far away).

Actually Beth, I think that time we were in Casitas with the pool view, it was an upgrade. See, doesn't really matter. ;)

MNNHFLTX
02-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Actually Beth, I think that time we were in Casitas with the pool view, it was an upgrade. See, doesn't really matter. ;)Really? You're right, it was nothing special. I actually prefer the courtyard rooms in the Casitas.

Mousemates
02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

Agreement level 100%

Crow
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
just got back. requested casitas or cabana. got casitas building 4. good location, bus stop 2 was only a min walk. the grounds are great, not long walk to main building. has a quiet pool. main pool is nice.
id stay here again in a min