PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package

hauntedmansiongirl
02-03-2013, 03:21 AM
I booked the H&V Fantasmic Package online. It didn't give me a price. Does anyone know if you pay extra for the Fantasmic package? We've always had the DDP and never paid attention, but next trip we're paying out of pocket and don't think it will be worth it. What do you think?

:spend:

DizneyRox
02-03-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't think the package is worth it. There is a difference in price between the normal (awful) meal and the Fantastic Package.

You wouldn't get me into that restaurant again either. Dreadful...

Airblue1
02-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Yeah totally agree.
If you are paying oop, I would consider using the other options. Hollywood and Vine is not one of Disney's best places to eat.

Keneva
02-03-2013, 09:02 AM
People who citicize H&V should at least state when the last time was that they ate there. We did the Fantamic package at H&V in Aug 2012 and after hearing all of the negative things we were actually very impressed with the quality and variety of the buffet including the deserts. I forget exactly how much the buffet was ($30+ for adults and $25+ for kids?). Our family of 4 are all picky eaters and we all found multiple things that we liked. Our Fantamic passes were given to us when we sat down and the section at Fantamic was pretty close to center, center right. We thought they were good seats and there was no line to wait in. We walked right in and sat down. H&V was busy and they could do a better job of quickly bussing the dirty dishes but I just didn't experience all of the negative things that people say about it.:confused:

DisneyDawgette
02-08-2013, 06:27 PM
We went in Ocober '12 with the Fantasmic Package and paid oop. I expected to spend $40 for myself, but spent closer to $50. Food was good, service was not- this used to be my favorite restaurant on property, but there has been some decline. If you're looking for the cheapest of the three, this will fill you up and we loved the food. But I would personally opt for Mama Melrose next time and pay the extra $10ish.

But we ALWAYS do FDP, and I don't forsee that ever changing. Even OOP, the cost beats that line! Hope this helps you! :)

TinkerbellT421
02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Honestly, if you want to see Fantasmic without waiting in a line for three hours I recommend the dinning package. However, with that said, I HIGHLY recommend mama melrose! DBF and I did itin December and the meal was fantastic!!! we were pleasantly surprised and both agreed we have a new favorite that we may have to make a must do in the future. You do pay extra for the package, we don't do ddp so we paid oop, it was a bit extra, but the package is guaranteed seating, meal came with appetizer, entree and desert, so we felt we got our money worth.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-09-2013, 08:29 AM
We have eaten at Mama Melrose before and liked it a lot. Our Godson couldn't find anything he liked though (he is coming with us this time). He ordered a pizza and found it too spicy.

Do you know what entrees come with the package at Mama Melrose? :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2013, 12:53 PM
We weren't limited to anything with the dinning package on the menu. DBF had the chicken parm, I had the New York strip steak. But you could pick from anything on the menu.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
And is it an appetizer, entree and dessert that is included?

Also, has anyone done the Fantasmic Package with the Hollywood Brown Derby? How was that?

:eat: :fworks:

TinkerbellT421
02-12-2013, 07:38 AM
And is it an appetizer, entree and dessert that is included?

Also, has anyone done the Fantasmic Package with the Hollywood Brown Derby? How was that?

:eat: :fworks:

Yes, app, entree and desert :)

I have not tried brown derby. It is expensive though for what you will get IMO.

FLKatie912
02-17-2013, 10:32 AM
People who citicize H&V should at least state when the last time was that they ate there. We did the Fantamic package at H&V in Aug 2012 and after hearing all of the negative things we were actually very impressed with the quality and variety of the buffet including the deserts. I forget exactly how much the buffet was ($30+ for adults and $25+ for kids?). Our family of 4 are all picky eaters and we all found multiple things that we liked. Our Fantamic passes were given to us when we sat down and the section at Fantamic was pretty close to center, center right. We thought they were good seats and there was no line to wait in. We walked right in and sat down. H&V was busy and they could do a better job of quickly bussing the dirty dishes but I just didn't experience all of the negative things that people say about it.:confused:

I agree! I love Hollywood & Vine! I do agree that sometimes service is less than desirable, however I find that at ALL Disney restaurant. With the amount of servers they have to employee for all their wonderful restaurants, you aren't always going to get a winner unfortunately. If the services leaves that much desired, let a manager know! It's a lot of money to spend to not be pleased and maybe a manager could curb behavior for the next time!

Hollywood and Vine also has a DELICIOUS dessert buffet! :D