PDA

View Full Version : WL lodge Standard

waymickey
02-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I took the plunge and made res. today for a Aug trip staying at the WL.:mickey: I choose standard room. Can anyone tell me about staying in a standard room at WL? I have stayed here before but never standard. We were magicaly upgraded to, I guess woods or courtyard each time. I have no expectations of getting lucky 3 times. Are the standard rooms just a view thing or is it smaller, no fridge? Anyone who has stayed in a standard room and wants to share stories, horror or great, I would love to hear.
Thanks for the help!

steph436
02-02-2013, 01:05 PM
We have stayed at the WL and the main difference we found in the types of rooms was the views. Like you, we were usually upgraded to a courtyard or pool view. The one time we had a standard view, the room over looked the roof top of the next building.

vamaggie
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
We had a standard room and it looked over a service alley/area. We did not really care since we did not spend that much time in the room. The room size was the same.

special ed teacher
02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I like courtyard. I like to see the pool and the view there in the am and then again at night. It is so beautiful and magical.

buzznwoodysmom
02-02-2013, 03:21 PM
The room size and room amenities (such as fridge) should be the same. The difference would be your view. Some of the standard rooms look out over the service area or parking lot views.

waymickey
02-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I made a request to be on the villa side since we have stayed on that side before and liked seeing the villa. I think the standard rooms on that side are over the check in? maybe? so I think the view would be of the bus stop area. Just guessing here.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
We booked standard and got upgraded to a woods view but I understand the rooms sizes are still the same