PDA

View Full Version : All star Sports or POP Century?

TiggersMyFriend
02-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Which would you prefer to stay at? Only about 25.00 difference between the two for the entire stay.

disneymom15
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
If the $25 doesn't matter, then I would pick POP. We've stayed at both resorts and prefer POP over Sports. My opinion, POP has a better food court and no sharing of the busses. If the $25 matters, then by all means, stay at Sports. Nothing wrong with it, just like POP better.

BelleBeauty
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I would recommend POP. We've been happier with our stays there vs. Sports and Music. I prefer to not share buses and POP has always felt a bit newer to me.

MargaretMessler
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree with everyone else who has responded. For $25 I pick POP. Sports is just fine though. I just prefer POP.

Tinksalot
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I prefer POP. We just stayed there in September and had a great time. No complaints! :thumbsup:

minnie04
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Do you have children that are into Sports? If so I would do the Sports if not then POP for the reasons everyone is saying, food court, buses, newer feel, etc. :mickey:

Kenny1113
02-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Pop!

Lindsey310
02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I would choose pop. We like the food court and bus system better there. Take my advice and don't get a room facing the pool--too noisy when we stayed there in aug/September. :mickey:

Itchy
02-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I vote for POP as well. As from my signature you can see I stay there a lot.

You can also walk over and see the New Art of Animation Resort, it is really cool.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
i do love both, as a few have said. but, I am a sports nut so this would work for me. sports aside I got great service, a nice room, and had a nice stay. that said....

I'd go POP too. Like I said, loved Sports but unless the people you are going with are sports fans POP is just too cool to pass up.

nfrustaci
02-02-2013, 07:30 PM
pop pop pop pop !!!!! Love it there can u tell ??? lol. I have never stayed at sports but as someone else said u can walk across hourglass lake and hang at AoA !!!. will be at pop in 3 weeks ;)

TiggersMyFriend
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards POP based on the buses. I think that is where we will stay. : )

MargaretMessler
02-03-2013, 05:14 PM
I would choose pop. We like the food court and bus system better there. Take my advice and don't get a room facing the pool--too noisy when we stayed there in aug/September. :mickey:

I had a room facing the pool, but on an upper floor. Noise was not an issue. But then people say I could probably sleep through a tornado and I was only traveling with other adults.

EJS-Houston
02-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Which would you prefer to stay at? Only about 25.00 difference between the two for the entire stay.

Having stayed at All-Star Sports 3 times, we tried Pop Century for the first time this past November and LOVED it! Pop has its own dedicated bus (doesn't share them with other resorts). We liked the look of the property and the food court better. We stayed in the 60s building on the 4th floor with a Lake View (a standard room) and LOVED it for the facts that it was quiet, very close to the food court and bus stops, and we watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room one night. And we could walk across the bridge and check out Art of Animation. Pop is our resort of choice going forward. Highly recommended!

JerseyDad
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
....POP!!

....always have a good experience there. Great atmosphere, great staff, super food court....

...we always request the poolside (ground floor too) rooms in the 60's buildings to be "close to the action" ...and close to the bar too :beer: :D) Noise was never an issue...even late at night...

...was offered a free upgrade to AoA last year ...but stayed at POP instead. (wasn't too bowled over by AoA anyhow)