PDA

View Full Version : Buying theme park tickets with a gift card??

lawgirl
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
I have a disney gift card that I'd like to use to purchase park tickets ahead of time., just so its one less thing I have to take care of when we get there. One less line to stand in!

Can I call Disney to purchase the tickets for WDW, using a gift card?

I also have a sales tax question. If I purchase the tix at our local DIsney store, I'm assuming I'd be charged local sales tax (9.25%). If I purchase them on the phone or just wait until our trip to Orlando, will I be charged Florida sales tax? What is FL sales tax rate?

Thanks!

Fangorn
01-31-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure you can use a gift card for ticket purchase on-line or over the phone. The on-line system doesn't give you that option. However, you should be able to use the gift card at a Disney Store. Of course, that assumes that the store actually has the type of ticket you want (they don't - or didn't use to - carry every length and option).

As for taxes, you will pay Florida taxes regardless of where you purchase the tickets. This is because the tickets can only be used in Florida (or California if you're buying Disneyland tickets). For us here in Oregon, we have no sales tax. But if I buy theme park tickets at the Disney Store, I still have to pay the Florida sales tax.

Steve

lawgirl
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate it! I'll check next time I'm at our Disney Store. If not, I'll just get them at the hotel.