PDA

View Full Version : i have a dinning question

showmethemouse
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi in October we are going to Disney. I need some help One of my family member is going with us and its her first time going to Disney so I just want her to have a magical time but she just got the lap band surgery , so i was wondering if Disney accommodate people who had this surgery or as anyone gone to Disney with someone that had is surgery done? because I know we are going to go to some of the characters breakfast and some of them cost $$ :mickey: :thumbsup:

gerald72
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
She will be able to eat in any restaurant she chooses
She will have a magical time even if she doesn't eat much at the character meals. Part of the fun (and cost) is the character interaction!

pcoleman
01-31-2013, 01:53 PM
I would check and see if there restrictions such as low fat, sugar free, low carb? When you make your ressies just let them know. Disney is great about working with any diets.

EJS-Houston
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
You'll also probably want to stear clear of buffets like Boma or Akershus...given that her capacity for food volume will be greatly limited. Buffets therefore just aren't going to be worth the money for her.

IwannabeinNarnia
01-31-2013, 02:56 PM
My best friend had that surgery and we went to Disney together. She had to eat slowly and didn't eat as much. Disney really doesn't do anything special for that surgery. She still had to pay the same, got the same portions etc. We did a few character meals/buffets and she enjoyed them greatly even though she wasn't able to eat as much. It depends really on your family member and how she feels about 'getting her money's worth'.. for my friend the Disney experience was all she wanted.. the amount of food and cost wasn't a concern.

gerald72
01-31-2013, 06:46 PM
She can always order kids' meals.

showmethemouse
01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Think everyone for your help :mickey: