PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Crowds

barbiegirl314
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Myself and 2 DS will be arriving at my favorite place on the planet Friday May 24th :cloud9: and staying until Saturday June 1st.

I have never been at this time of year and was wondering what to expect for crowds over the Memorial Day w/e and the rest of the week after the holiday?

MOJoe
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
You should expect big crowds that first weekend. Not Easter or Christmas big. But big. They should ease somewhat mid-week.

Many schools are out by late May, and anytime schools are not in session, WDW is busy.

BigRedDad
01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
WDW will be busy. Some schools in FL are even out by then. With the season still outside of "Summer", those FL Resident passes get used.

LVT
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
We swapped from Spring Break to Memorial week a few years ago. Much less busy, but still a good crowd. The park open hours will be long and there will be multiple fireworks/fantasmic shows to lessen crowd impact. It does seem to rain more, so pack those cheap ponchos from the sporting goods stores and have spare shoes in the room.:party:

Tink#64
02-03-2013, 12:35 AM
In our experience crowds will be heavy! But with a good plan, arrive at park opening, & a midday break, use FP's, you'll be fine! :mickey: