PDA

View Full Version : How to pack for mid-February weather?

mamamarie
01-31-2013, 06:05 AM
Going Feb 16-23. How is the weather usually around then? What kind of clothing should I pack?

Pirate Granny
01-31-2013, 06:53 AM
A little bit of everything

Strmchsr
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
It's impossible to say. Just watch the weather thread and you'll have a better idea. You could see 80s or 50s or both in the same week. You don't want to pack stuff you don't need so it's just better to watch and know what you'll need closer to time.

Cass&KenziesMom
01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
We're going Feb. 9th-15th and we're bringing a little of everything. The weather thread is so far showing some good warm temps but we're bringing a couple pairs of jeans and light long sleeve shirts. You never know with mother nature.

buzznwoodysmom
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Anytime I travel to WDW outside of summer I pack a bit of everything. We will be there from the 9th-16th and the weather is looking great so far. Mid to high 70s for the high most days, but I am counting on having cool mornings and evenings. I am packing mostly shorts and t-shirts, but I am throwing in a few pairs of jeans and hoodies or light jackets for each of us.

BigRedDad
01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
You could have highs in the low 50s or as high mid 80s. For lows, you could be in the 30s up to the 60s. It could be clear, it could be rainy, it could be windy, it could be calm.

I know exactly what you are going through. We arrive a couple days after you leave. I will pack the day we leave based on the 7-day weather pattern. For me, it is FL, so shorts and hawaiian shirts. If it gets too cold for me, I will buy a sweatshirt. DD will have her entire dresser in her bag, so I am not worried about her.

PETE FROM NYC
01-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Well, you do not need snow shoes and parkas.
We have travelled from February and mid-March. We have had temps, while we were in the parks, from upper 30s to the 70s.A heavy flannel shirt or two would not be unreasonable to bring, also a hoodie.

MyDisneyworld
02-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Great discussion as I will be getting there on the 15th and not sure what to pack. Probably won't really know until a day or so before. I'm most concerned about the evening temps as the parks are open late and the sun is down. I have been in mid January and needed a winter jacket at night and shorts during the day, wondering if it will be the same in Feb?

Strmchsr
02-02-2013, 08:46 AM
I have been in mid January and needed a winter jacket at night and shorts during the day, wondering if it will be the same in Feb?

And the definitive answer is "It depends." :D That's possible, but the first half of last week had low 80s during the day and upper 60s at night. Very comfortable. Thursday and yesterday was quite chilly so things change fast. You just have to check the weather thread to see what's coming down for your time frame.

CarolS
02-03-2013, 10:48 AM
We have done mid-February several times and I'll echo what everyone else is saying-a little bit of everything. We went one time where it was in the low 30's (very cold on a boat back to WL at night!) and in the 80's all in the same week. The only advice that I can add is just plan somewhere in your schedule to do some laundry (yes I know not fun on vacation ;)). That's really the only thing I dislike about going that time of year is that you have to pack so much because your wardrobe will vary from day to day. I've learned to try to pack light and do laundry when need be.