PDA

View Full Version : March / Spring Break season

HMFan
01-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Just got back from our usual January trip and am considering a quickie visit in March (just 9th - 12th). Never been there at that time but the "attendance calendars" I see online are scaring me out of this trip fast! I am seeing max crowds, 9 out of 10 attendance, etc....and I am spooked. Can anyone tell me first hand if mid-march is really PACKED and LONG lines?

Thanks in advance.....even though I assume you're all about to confirm my fears.... :(

Kenny1113
01-31-2013, 12:04 AM
I have been during spring break (predicted crowds 9 and 10/10). Yes, the lines are long and crowds are bad, but with the right attitude and plan they are manageable.

LVT
02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Yep. That is the time when the numbers get crazy.

BigRedDad
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes, the numbers skyrocket once SB season starts. That is why we moved our trip in 3 days and extended it 1. We sandwiched between 2 busy times and got a great deal, especially staying over just 1 weekend.

DisneyDawgette
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
As a college kid who is planning a trip that week... Yeah, there will probably be a lot of us. :)

DisneyFan1979
02-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I've been a few times during spring break through the years. It's not so bad. We found the crowds to be the same as the summer, with the benefit of it's not being boiling and humid. And personally, we find college students to be much less annoying than screaming children. In fact, they can be a lot of fun on rides: a lot are first-timers and seem to have a ball on the thrill rides--their excitement can infectious.

Tinksalot
02-14-2013, 11:55 AM
After my children finally graduated school and we didn't have to travel to Disney during spring break, I vowed to never go during that time again. I personally didn't like it at all, too crowded for me!