PDA

View Full Version : Info on Riverboat Cruises

NJGIRL
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
For anyone who has been on a Riverboat Cruise, I need some info:

How did you like it.
What were the pros and cons.
How is it different from a bigger cruise.
What line/boat did you go on.
Where did you go

Looking at these cruises and a cruise up to Canada and need help deciding.

Thanks

NJGIRL
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
I just looked at a web site for one of the riverboat cruises annd now I understand why I don't have any responses lol. A seven day cruise for a room that only sleeps two people is $5000. per person plus tips! It will cost me over $15,000.00 for the three of us for seven days. :confused:

TheDuckRocks
01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah Rita, that's the main reason why we haven't gone on a river cruise. I also notice that on many of these cruises not all meals are included every day as on other cruises we have been on. From the research I have done it appears as if you would have to pay for about 30 to 50% of your meals in addition to the basic high price per day of the cruise. The other thing I have noticed is the size of the "staterooms" are tiny, tiny even over other cruise ships.
I do have a number of friends that have been on them though and love them. At this time in our lifes we can't justify the cost over other methods of travel.

NJGIRL
01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah Rita, that's the main reason why we haven't gone on a river cruise. I also notice that on many of these cruises not all meals are included every day as on other cruises we have been on. From the research I have done it appears as if you would have to pay for about 30 to 50% of your meals in addition to the basic high price per day of the cruise. The other thing I have noticed is the size of the "staterooms" are tiny, tiny even over other cruise ships.
I do have a number of friends that have been on them though and love them. At this time in our lifes we can't justify the cost over other methods of travel.

Well this is out of the question for us too. The $6000 per person room was 300 square feet. The stops weren't all that exciting either. :(