PDA

View Full Version : 60 day check in

FenwayGirl
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
I am confused? Why 60 days...and is there still the 10 day check in option? Any benefits to the early check in?

sassafras
01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Don't know about benefits, but I was sure that my sis was wrong when she informed me that we could check in in 10 days for our April trip. I was so certain, I called and checked and they have changed it to 60 days. Now I'll never hear the end of my being wrong!

Jeri
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I am so confused by this. How can you check in 60 days early if you have a package? Final payment isn't due till 45 days before. :confused:

I have never done early check in and don't really see me starting now, but I still and confused.:confused:

chrim
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I am so confused by this. How can you check in 60 days early if you have a package? Final payment isn't due till 45 days before. :confused:

I have never done early check in and don't really see me starting now, but I still and confused.:confused:

Well, for guests not booking a package, final payment is due the day you arrive at the resort. WDW still allowed people without packages to check-in 10 days in advance (and guests' credit cards would be charged their final payment the night of check-in).

Then again, I have not tried the process since the 60 day policy started.

CuteAsMinnie
01-31-2013, 08:14 PM
The 60 day check in may have something to do with the (delayed) rollout of the whole Magic Band thing.....

There really are no benefits to online check in at this point (imho) A lot of folks are still having to wait in line at the resort anyway

MargaretMessler
01-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Only real benefit that I can see is the greater possibility of your room being ready for an early check in, as you indicate your arrival time during the process. That's enough for me, since I normally am landing in Orlando by 9am.

IMADisneyFreak
03-17-2013, 04:29 PM
So Disney allows us to check in 60 days prior to our arrival if we choose to? Or is it mandatory if we have a package deal to do so? This is the first I have heard of this, reading the message boards has been a good thing! :mickey:

MargaretMessler
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
So Disney allows us to check in 60 days prior to our arrival if we choose to? Or is it mandatory if we have a package deal to do so? This is the first I have heard of this, reading the message boards has been a good thing! :mickey:

No, it's not required. I guess the theory is that it cuts out some of the process at the front desk, they just prepare everything ahead of time. This will be a first time for me, so I guess I will try it, why not. I'm hearing if you have any special requests or requirements this is not for you though.

WhiteRose1
03-17-2013, 11:04 PM
No, it's not required. I guess the theory is that it cuts out some of the process at the front desk, they just prepare everything ahead of time. This will be a first time for me, so I guess I will try it, why not. I'm hearing if you have any special requests or requirements this is not for you though.

I'm not within the 60 day window, but from what I heard you CAN make special requests...but just remember special requests are not promised.

BuffaloJason
03-18-2013, 08:58 AM
FWIW, I did the 60 day advance check-in at the Polynesian in February and made some room requests which were honored (first floor room, tokelau long house)

KODABEAR
03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
:old::knit: Did on-line check in three days ahead of arriving last week, Karen (MJ)puts in our request when making resse's so no problem.We arrived same time as the bus, 40 people in regular line. One in on-line. were we happy:cloud9: