PDA

View Full Version : water taxi to from HS to Epcot?

DizMagic
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
I heard that you can take a water taxi from HS to Epcot. I've never done that; didn't know it was an option! I think it might be fun to spend the day at HS, then hop over to Epcot for dinner and the nighttime show. Has anyone done this and how does it compare timewise to taking the bus? Thanks.

SBETigg
01-30-2013, 10:58 AM
You can probably walk it faster, but I like the water taxi. It takes about twenty minutes due to all the stops-- it stops at all the Epcot area resorts including Swan/Dolphin, Beach/Yacht Club, and Boardwalk. After you get off the boat, you go in through the International Gateway, right into World Showcase.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
I agree, it isn't the fastest way to get between the two parks, but we usually take it once a trip, since we like looking at all of the resorts on the way!

BrerGnat
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
It's a good option if the weather is nice (or, if it's raining, but not thunderstorming).

It's a LONG ride from HS to Epcot. There are many stops. However, if the boat ride is becoming too tedious, just get off at one of the stops and walk the rest of the way. The walk is quite nice from any of the Epcot area resorts. The un fun part is the walk along the canal, out in the elements.

If it's too hot, skip the boat. There is no ventilation inside them and they get quite uncomfortable.

Boster24
01-31-2013, 07:28 AM
I always found this boat ride very enjoyable, if your lucky enough to be among the first to load take a sit outside and enjoy the sites and let your "sore dogs" take a rest.:mickey:

Katzateer
01-31-2013, 08:10 AM
On park days we leave early in the morning and park hop until the parks close.

Love to ride the boat from the studios to EPCOT. Nice break from walking. Very relaxing and it is fun to see all the EPCOT resorts from the water.