PDA

View Full Version : best dinning event

waymickey
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
I want to do something different this vacation and do a sit meal with either a show or characters. We have done Mickeys Backyard BBQ and the crystal palace. We have done many of the other character events many which don't exist anymore. DD is now 20 so she is mostly outgrown it but..It is Disney. Any suggestions? The prices of most seem crazy high. Are any really worth the money?
*** side note -nothing with Fish or lots of fish DD has wicked allergy to anything from the sea.:(

SBETigg
01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Maybe dinner at 1900 Park Fare? Cinderella's Stepsisters can be lots of fun, or so I've heard. It might be a little different than the usual character meet and greet, and there's a buffet so she can easily avoid any foods that don't work for her. I don't think it's fish-heavy anyway.

You can also look into some of the Chef's Table experiences at the Signature dining venues. There's a Wanyama Safari and Dinner at Jiko that could be unique and intriguing. Pricey, but I usually find such experiences worth it for me.

BelleBeauty
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
We have never done it, but I have a few friends who still go to WDW with their parents (they are in their late 20s) and they all LOVE going to Hoop-De-Doo!

etibbetts
01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Have you gone to Teppan Edo? They cook your food right in front of you and that is a show in itself. It's one of my favorites. Very entertaining and great food.

I also love the Hoop De Doo. If you haven't been there before, that is a lot of fun.

Dulcee
01-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Look into dining with an Imagineer. Its one of the best experiences we had in Disney. I think its done at two restaurants now, Brown Derby and I think Flying Fish?

hauntedmansiongirl
01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Also, don't forget about 50s Prime Time Cafe in DHS or Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. They scream "Disney" to me- but in a "for everyone" kind of way. Both have hearty favourites like fried chicken etc. Oh, and they both have amazing milkshakes in cool flavours! And 50s PT has the best sundaes on property (from our experience anyway!).

Have a great time! You DD will love it and feel like a kid again! :mickey:

spoonfulosugar
02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Another vote for Hoop-Dee-Doo!! Super fun for adults too...Best ribs I've ever tasted and I am NOT a rib girl!

megustamex
02-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I like breakfast at Tusker House at AK. It has the characters in Safari outfits and has a unique breakfast buffet with lots of interesting "African" breads. Plus if you go early in the morning you can enter AK before park opening which is a neat experience - it's very peaceful.

beksy
02-08-2013, 11:15 PM
We still really enjoy Hoop-De-Doo (at 24 and 30 :secret:). The food is good and we always enjoy the entertainment too. Its different since its not a character meal and it is family style all you can eat.