PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Media Day

indytraveler
01-30-2013, 09:46 AM
You either hate media day or you find it the least bit interesting. There is more reporting on who is asking what kind of questions than the questions themselves. But every year we tune in to see if anyone is dumb enough to say something stupid. This years winner Randy Moss. He said he was the best receiver who has ever played the game. I'm sure T.O. would have something to say about that or even Ocho Cinco aka Chad Johnson.

Getting back to Randy Moss as the best receiver ever, if that is the case then why in your prime nobody wants you? Lets look back on why you left Minnesota. You were TRADED. Because you out stayed your welcome in Minnesota. So 2 years in Oakland and how did you perform? You didn't. You purposely tanked plays and games so you could get traded. Where you were fortunate enough that New England gave up a 4th Rd pick for you.
3 1/2 years catching passes from Tom Brady, who is arguably the best at HIS position, you out stayed your welcome AGAIN. This time you were traded back to the Vikings for 4 games and was released and picked up by the Titans where you finished out the 2010 season. Where did he play in 2011. He was healthy, thats right he didn't. He comes back and catches 25 passes for a Super Bowl team and declares himself the greates ever. As you can see I didn't even get into his college troubles. If Randy Moss couldn't catch a football he'd still be in West Virginia getting into trouble.

By the way Jerry Rice doesn't have to tell anyone he is the Greatest Wide Receiver ever because he IS!

caryrae
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm sure T.O. would have something to say about that or even Ocho Cinco aka Chad Johnson.

Or Calvin Johnson who beat Rice's single season receiving record this year.

SBETigg
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't think much of Chad Johnson, and he also lets his mouth run away with him. He might be skilled, but he couldn't function with the Pats. Randy did a much better job than I expected with the Patriots, which is no defense for his ego, which is what gets him into trouble time and again.

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't think much of Chad Johnson, and he also lets his mouth run away with him. He might be skilled, but he couldn't function with the Pats. Randy did a much better job than I expected with the Patriots, which is no defense for his ego, which is what gets him into trouble time and again.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

indytraveler
01-31-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry about my post. I didn't fully read it for content and context. What I meant by the T.O. And Chad Johnson comment was that both of those guys run their mouth as much as anyone and at least they were never dumb enough to state they were the best WR in the game. The last thing I wanted to say was that these guys were better than Jerry Rice.

On a side note I believe I heard Michael Irvin even say Jerry was the best.

Please forgive me for my not to clear errant post.

PirateLover
01-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Yea TO had quite a mouth on him BUT he was amazing in his prime. When he went to the super bowl with the Eagles, though, he had been working hard to come off an injury and I remember him being humble at that point, saying things like "I'm just doing whatever I need to get back and help my team" Kind of stuff. Apparently, though, his super bowl return played into the feud that developed between he and McNabb, because so much media focus was on TO's comeback. It didn't help that TO was the MVP for the Eagles in that game, while McNabb choked.Then the next season everything hit the fan. :sigh: