PDA

View Full Version : "Special Event" language on ADR confirmation email??

lawgirl
01-29-2013, 09:26 PM
I just made ressies for Mon, April 29 for Garden Grill, at 7:20 pm. When I got the confirmation email, it has a notice right under the date and time saying that this ressie occurs during a special event and requires a separate special event ticket for park admission. Well, I cant find anything going on at Epcot that night, and I called Disney dining and they couldnt find anything either, and didnt know why that message is in the email.

Is it just a technical error? Should i try to rebook it?

BrerGnat
01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Probably a glitch in the computer system, although I think the Flower and Garden Festival is happening at that time. Maybe there is a special hard ticket event that night at Epcot?

MOJoe
01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
I got to wondering, so i checked my ADR for Chefs de France, at 9:30 p.m. It says the same thing. "Make sure all members of your dining party hold tickets for this event."

My "event" is EMH in Epcot that night. So as long as you have park tickets (and maybe you are a resort guest too) you're fine.

lawgirl
01-30-2013, 06:50 PM
That's a good thought. But I checked and it looks like EMH is at MK, and I think the Flower and Garden Festival is over by that date. Hmmmm....what to do?

VWL Mom
01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Flower and Garden runs through May but there's never been a hard ticket event before. I tried to book GG for that night just to see what it says and in the box you have to agree to it said park ticket necessary but nothing about a special event. :confused:

I think I may have found the answer, the entire F&G festival is listed on the site as a "Special Event". Maybe that's why?

lawgirl
01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Well, I cancelled that one, and rebooked for the 7:15 time spot (5 minutes earlier than my previous ressie), and there is no "special event" language on that email confirmation. I'm thinking it was a glitch in the system. I rebooked it just to make sure that there was nothing "glitchy" with the reservation. Kinda strange, but hopefully there won't be any issues!

MOJoe
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Strange indeed. Most likely the computer system did not distinguish one type of Special Event, requiring a entirely separate ticket, from one that does not.
OR it was done for some legal reason. Perhaps we may have your opinion on that, please. ;):mickey: