PDA

View Full Version : 1st time since 2007-Big general ??s

vamaggie
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
SO we have not been to WDW since 2007. We are coming in Nov (YEAH!) with friends for T'giving. Kids will be 10,15,16,19. Parents are 40s-early 50s. Questions are 1)what are the new "Must do's" and 2) what has changed in procedure/policy since 2007. We are also hoping to have a "grown up's night out" and would welcome any suggestions. I know they are really broad questions but I don't know enough to narrow it down. TIA!!!

Tink#64
01-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey there! I don't have a lot of answers for you as we've not visited since 2011, but I might be able to throw out a couple of things & move this thread back up to the top so that someone with far more recent experience can chime in! My DS's are 15 & 16 and they love TSM, I'm thinking that's new since you've been, but be forewarned, our last trip, it was still the hottest new thing in DHS & very long lines with FP's runinng out early in the day! We arrived at DHS before park official opening on our last couple of trips & they actually let us in early! With the guests only be allowed to form a que at TSM of course! :crazy: Star Tours in DHS has been revamped - we actually like it a lot more than the previous - it was very cool! Oh & Spaceship Earth has been revamped also - we like the changes & additions there!

MK - some ques have been redone & now interactive which is fun & helps pass the time! IDK if you got to experience Monster's Inc, Laugh Floor, but it's a real hoot & my DS's still enjoy it! My oldest got chosen to be Randol (the invisible monster on our last trip)! We can't wait to check out the newly expanded Fantasyland! Even if we don't ride anything there, I thing it's going to be very cool! POTC & Space Mtn have had revamps in recent years changing the experience somewhat.

Epcot - The Sea's With Nemo & The Nemo musical are both fairly new & both cute! The show is really colorful & pretty amazing to see! I can't think of anything else new here except for the expansion of the Cantina de San Angel has now been redone & now offers a sit down exprience as well as the CS.

AK - I can't think of much that's newer here except Mt. Everest that you may have already experienced. While we have several must do's on our AK list each trip, AK is our least favorite park.

DTD has experienced quite an overhaul, with the changing of the Pleasure Island section, alot of changes have been made! I couldn't begin to list all the changes of shops, clubs, etc, but Harley Davidson, Orlando is a big one! But there is a lot more street entertainment & a new venue has just opened - Splitsville - a bowling, billiards, etc. entertaiment venue! We are looking forward to checking this out in June! We also enjoyed our experience at the T-Rex Cafe in DTD.

I can't offer you any ideas on an adults night out as we've never done this. We've thought about it - just usually far too tired from our days at the parks & knowing that we're getting up early to do it all over again the next day! lol But I would think an evening at The Boardwalk Resort would be a great night out! Arriving by boat, all the lights of the buildings, various restaurants & facilites - would rank up there with DTD any evening! :thumbsup:

vamaggie
01-30-2013, 04:43 PM
THanks so much for all the info. ANyone else have any insight-we'd love to hear it. :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
01-30-2013, 07:06 PM
There will be a lot of new, cool stuff for you to see!

Test Track is all new and just opening
Via Napoli in Epcot has amazing pizza

DHS has the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show. Not sure if it was there when you went but it is a big hit with our teenaged Godson.

MK has the all new Fantasyland with Be Our Guest restaurant, new Dumbo (with much improved lines), Little Mermaid dark ride, and the Enchanted Tales with Belle show.

There is a boy equivalent of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique called The Pirates League that is pretty fun and cool!

A lot of the menus will have changed. Make sure you check them out before you make reservations.

It is not much more to add the waterpark, fun and more package to your park tickets. With teenagers, this may be a Godsend. Most kids love the waterparks!

As for an adults night out- California Grill should be reopened by the time you go. It is very romantic and great for watching the fireworks. Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge is really nice too. Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk is really fun. It's a dueling piano bar that is a lot of fun!

Oh, and if you get a chance, go over to Port Orleans Riverside and see Yehaa Bob. He is there Wed to Sun and is a very fun, family friendly piano player.

Have a great time! :mickey: