PDA

View Full Version : What Are our Chances

Gayle
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Planning our first big family vacation:mickey: First time for the grandchildren. Home resort is Contemp, but the kids want to stay at the new Grand Floridian. We also own 75 points at BWV, so there picking order for vacation is Gr Floridian, BWV, BLT, WL what would be our chances of getting a week, at any one of these villa the week arriving Jan 2, 2014. Will need 2 bedroom for seven adults, and 3 children under 4. Thank you so much:mickey::fingers::mickey3:

Tinkermom
02-02-2013, 03:42 PM
I think your chances of getting ONE of those during the week of 1/2/14 should be pretty good as WDW tends to start to empty out after the holidays. Not sure about getting into GF as it will probably be pretty popular as it first opens.

Have you stayed in a 2 bedroom? With that many people it is going to be a bit cramped. You might want to look at OKW. We've stayed here a few times most recently last month and love the space. Another place with a bit more room is Kidani Village. If you get a savanna view there is just nothing like waking up to animals roaming just outside your balcony. Also, like BLT a 2 bedroom comes with 3 bathrooms which is nice when you have lots of people with you!

VWL Mom
02-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure a 2 bedroom is going to fit the bill for you. How old are the 3 children?

AKL and BLT allow 9 guests plus one infant (under 3) so if one is an infant it's doable but tight. BWV and VWL allow 8 guests plus 1 infant so they're out. Not sure what GF will have but I'm sure that's going to be a tough one to get regardless.

Jan 2nd is midweek for 2014. Not sure how that will affect your chances. Good luck!

ANG
02-03-2013, 11:17 AM
We are praying for GF villas as well in late Jan 2014. We're going to book at home (BLT) at the 11 months and then just keep trying back to see when GF opens.

Pirate Granny
02-04-2013, 07:50 AM
We keep watching the progress of VGF...the views are going to be horrible, except one corner, where IF you are on one of the top floors, you'll get a glimpse of MK...there is an entire set of rooms that will face the monorail...almost a stones throw away actually, then some will face the wedding pavilion, and some the main bldg of GF...people complain about the BLT views or lack thereof...this will be quite interesting...I'm sure they will close the pools for hopping once it opens, so we will take advantage this May...splash area is very cute!