PDA

View Full Version : Airfare... book now or wait?

barbiegirl314
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
So myself and my 2 DS are going to WDW May 24th thru June 1:mickey:. Will be flying from Boston to Orlando. I've been checking the airfare for Jet Blue (which has the lowest prices of all the airlines) and the rates are $245 for the flight down and $138 for the retun flight. I'm good with the $138 but wondering if that $245 might come down. It is the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend so I'm not sure if it will.

Do I book now or wait it out and see if that $245 rate goes lower :confused:

BigRedDad
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Flying over a holiday is not going to be cheap. I do not use Jet Blue from where I am. I do not know their typical price swings. For a Friday on a holiday weekend, I do not think it is outrageous.

I just checked their site and they have a $180 flight going down.

mydisneygirls
01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
I also fly from Boston on JetBlue. I don't book our seats until about 3 weeks before our trip because that's when I get a good price. This past trip the fare went from $303 down to $89 each way. I keep an eye on when they drop the price by checking flights 2 and 3 weeks before ours. I would say wait. Since you're not flying on Memorial Day, I would say the price will go down.

DisneyFan1979
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
If you book and the price goes down later, upon request, JetBlue will put a credit in your account for the difference to use on a later flight--at least they did as of 2 years ago. Since then our flight has never gone down after purchase so I haven't had the opportunity to test that they still do that.