PDA

View Full Version : 1 believer and 1 nonbeliever food reviews

taleasoldastime
01-27-2013, 09:24 PM
French quarter food court- had the mahi sandwich and it was pretty good. I would get it again. DBF got the shrimp poboy and he enjoyed his as well. My only issue was that actually getting the food took a long time.
Be Our Guest- This experience was absolutely amazing. I was nervous because i saw some bad reviews but really wanted this place to be awesome. It was perfect! I requestedd the west wing at check in and got seated there! It was very cool. DBF and I ordered potato leek soup for our app and loved it! I had the strip steak for the entree and DBF had the pork chop. We both really enjoyed it. They were both cooked perfectly. I had the chocolate cream puff and liked it. I cant recall what DBF got for dessert.
Wolfgang Puck express- amazing as always. I had the meatloaf and DBF had the rotissere chicken. We both left very happy!
Ohanas- very delicious overall. The service started off very slow. Our egg rolls and chicken wings came out very cold but once we asked our waitress for new ones, the service got better afterwards. I love that bread pudding dessert so much!
sunshine seasons- I had the pork chop and it was juicy and cooked well. The mashed potatoes were also good. I just felt like tthe bbq sauce that they put over it was a little strange. DBF had the mongolian beef. He wasnt a fan but when I asked why he didnt like it he said "well I dont really like asian food." What goes through that boys head I will never understand! I tasted it and thought it was ok. Not great but ok.
Akershus- I really enjoyed the appetizer bar. They had great selections. I had ordered the beef tips at first but when it came out it was so overwhelmingly salty that it was inedible. I told the waiter and he gladly got me some norwegian meatballs instead. (im not even going to attempt to spell the real name) My DBF got the same thing and we both loved them. This was a new restaurant for me and I would do it again.
Cosmic Rays- Me and DBF had just started recovering from a tummy bug and needed something unfried and easy to eat. We split the turkey sandwich and both liked it.
Crystal Palace- Our waitress was very flustered the whhole dinner. She didnt come around very often and you could tell she was stressed. Unfortunately I cant say much about the foid because I wasnt feeling well and just had a tiny bit of mashed potatoes and chicken nuggets.. You cant really mess those up. However, DBF said the mashed potatoes were some of the best hes ever had and hes the mashed potatoe king.
Flame Tree Grill- I love the pork sandwich here so I went there this trip to get it again and it was just as delicious as always.
Restaurantosaurus- This place was packed and chaotic. I had the macaroni and cheese hotdog out of amusement. At home I have a low carb, low sugar diet so when I go on vacations I go all out. I could feel my arteries clogging with this meal. It served its purpose though. I got my revolting junk food fix. DBF got the burger. He says it is what it is. He would compare it to your average cheap fast food burger.
Coral Reef- This is the worst dining experience I have ever had at WDW. We ordered a crab cake app which cost 12$. When we got the crab cakes they were the size of a dollar coin and we only got two. We felt so ripped off. There is no way you could justify 12$ for that even though they didnt taste bad. I ordered the fish of the day. It was dry and salty. The crawfish on the side were dry and gross. The anduille sausage did not taste like anduille. The only pleasant thing about the dish was the grits. DBF had the lobster pasta whixh was just macaroni and cheese with a couple small pieces of lobster on top. He hardly ate any. Then I had the chocolate wave for dessert which was just ok. DBF had the creme brulee and hated it. Our service was also slow. I will never go back. They have a good idea but until they get a decent menu, cooks, and service, I have a feeling there will be many more reviews like this.
Starring Rolls- DBF had the turkey sandwich and strawberry parfait and really enjoyed both. I wasnt feeling great so I didnt try anything.
Mama Melrose- we did the fantasmic package and I thought it was a great value if youre on the DDP. I had the ceasar salad for the app and it was good. DBF had ta different salad but cant remember the name of it. He really enjoyed it because it had great sized heart vegetables. For the entree I had the margherita flatbread and DBF had the seafood pasta. We both really liked our meals. This was my first time trying this place and I will definitely go back again.

I believe that covers it all. Overall we only had one horrible experience. I really wish I had just felt better so I could have ate more. I had to cancel a reservatiion and skip a few meals.
Thanks for reading!

taleasoldastime
01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Sorry about any bad grammar and spelling! I typed it on my phone with tiny buttons!

January-2007
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks so much for reporting!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad things were generally good, but I'm sorry for the lousy Coral Reef meal, it gets such great reviews!

faline
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
It's not fun to not feel well on vacation - glad you got some good meals in!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the reviews sorry to hear that about Coral Reef, they need to step it up

vizsla
01-31-2013, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Not sure what's going on with the Coral Reef. I think it's gone way downhill since the DDP. It used to be so amazing...not anymore! :(

ANG
02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks so much for the report! We've done Coral Reef once, and while it was decent (not a bad experience at all), it wasn't anything special to me.