PDA

View Full Version : Worst place to eat

DisneyGiant
01-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Just curious if you have a "I'm never eating there again" place and why.

Ours is the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. We used to go there at least once a visit to catch a Yankee game & eat - but last year was the final straw. Several in our party got sick from the ribs - and we vowed never again. The food is just that horrible.

I don't think there's another restaurant that we've banned.

What's your experience?

Itchy
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Ours is Capt Jacks at Downtown Disney.

The food was terrible as well as the service.

The some of food had been sitting on a steam table in the kitchen. I was able to see this from where we were seated. :ack:

The staff was fighting between themselves and the servers were just standing around doing nothing for the guests.:mad:

Butters
01-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Ours is probably LTT, a few years ago we both got sick off there food and spent the next day in our room... Every time we think of eating there we start feeling sick again :sick:

Madame Leona
01-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Hollywood and Vine is mine. Thank goodness no one became sick or anything like that but the food was not what I would call edible.

Kairi_7378
01-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe. We had a terrible experience there in September, from both a service and food standpoint. (One of these days I will post the dining reviews from that trip.) This is the only place in WDW that DH has said that he will never return to.

SBETigg
01-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Coral Reef in 2001 served us our worst meal ever, and we won't go back. It was three hours of sheer frustration and disgust, bad food and worse service. I'm sure it would be safe to go back, but they are forever tainted for us.

Also not returning to: Boatwright's, Hollywood and Vine.

Had a terrible meal/experience at Kona Cafe, but can't rule out a return.

bostonchic13
01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
I would say Hollywood&vine ugh!Not only was the atmosphere appealing,the food was just terrible...I know its hard to keep a place clean when its busy but C'mon

Gator
01-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Kinda surprised at the Liberty Tree and H&V. The former has always had good food and I've never gotten sick from there. The latter has definitely improved over the years - it used to be icky, but the last few times have been good. We go there for the kids.

For us, the never go back again place is San Angel. For us, it just doesn't measure up in the Mexican food dept. Also, the service seemed terribly slow.

buzznwoodysmom
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I always give places at least two chances. However, once was enough for us at dinner at 1900 park fare. The food was just disgusting. I doubt we will ever give it another try.

Airblue1
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
I have to go with CRT.
Pre plated, expensive, herd of cattle, lousy service!

chefmickey3
01-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Another vote for Hollywood and Vine. We had bad service, the food was so so, and it conjures up bad memories of eating with little kids at buffets. I am sure it was not as bad as I remember, but I still have no desire to return.

1DisneyNut
01-27-2013, 10:39 PM
It is Cinderella's Royal Table for us. It was one of the worst restaurants I have ever had the displeasure of visiting anywhere. Everything was bad, the food, the waiter, the atmosphere, you name it. We seriously debated leaving in the middle of dinner.

NJGIRL
01-27-2013, 10:44 PM
LeCellier....it had all three strikes.....bad food....overpriced.....terrible service.

stephicakes
01-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Another vote for Hollywood & Vine. Ate there in 2009 and the food was :ack:. I felt bad because our waitress was very sweet, but the food was horrible. The veggies were bland & very mushy and I felt like I was eating straight out of a can - nothing seemed fresh. Yuck! :nope:

T-Belle
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
Another vote for H&V. First ate there years ago and something was going on with their plumbing. Lets just say the smell was horrible and drifting in the dining room. Still, gave it another chance a couple years later. We were on the dining plan and there was a problem with our tab that took over an hour to fix.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-28-2013, 10:08 AM
1900 Park Fare. Hands down. Too much to mention but it was bad. Only time I have left a restaurant upset and frustrated.

CRT just because I built it up to be this great moment and left just thinking...what is so special about that? It's Akershus in the castle but for 1 extra table service credit.

E-OR
01-28-2013, 10:39 AM
I have to say Captain Jacks. We didn't hate the food and service was fine. It was just not a place, with all the other places to eat in WDW, that we left thinking "we really want to eat here again." As far as food, service, and theming we have been happy with all the places we have eaten. Sometimes service is better than other times, but overall we love all the choices in WDW.

Pop Centurion
01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Nine Dragons back in 1999 was the worse meal we've ever had in WDW. The food was disgusting but it was very underwhelming. Even the atmosphere was very bland.
Now this was 14 years ago & I've heard good thing recently, but I highly doubt we'll ever go back. I don't see anything that could excite us enough about the place.

Dulcee
01-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Coral Reef in 2001 served us our worst meal ever, and we won't go back. It was three hours of sheer frustration and disgust, bad food and worse service. I'm sure it would be safe to go back, but they are forever tainted for us.

This.

And I'm surprised with all the CRT hate. Its overpriced (even by WDW standards) but we enjoyed breakfast there quite a bit.

pamickeys
01-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Todd Bluzoo's, the most overrated place on property.

DizneyRox
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Sounds like H&V is already spoken for, so after that, I won't eat anything at the Polynesian. Never had anything worth bringing me back. Service, food, atmophere... Ehh...

PinKy
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Coral Reef. :-p. awful. Cold rubbery food and the service was offensive.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
ABC Commisary, Tony's and Marrakech three meals bad enough not to go back

anneo
01-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Cap'n Jacks. We ate there in March, and we won't be visiting there again anytime soon. The service was meh, and the food was bland. My 2 year old wanted another piece of corn on the cob, so our waitress said we'd have to pay for it. Fine. We weren't expecting it for free. That being said we paid $5 for a small piece of corn on the cob that was still frozen.

jnfr2424
01-28-2013, 04:28 PM
I have to agree with 1900 PF - we tried for breakfast and dinner and did not like it at all
The service was bad food was not great and I hate that they have that side room like a punish room all squashed together like sardines. And then we had to wait way after we finished eating for the characters to come by - like they forgot about us Never again

DVC2004
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Hate Sci Fi Drive In. Although we liked the atmosphere, the food was lackluster. Also didn't care for Le Cellier.

arm00leg
01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Tony's!!! Disgusting microwaved food. Pasta was mush. They try to move you in and out like cattle. It's a real bad sign when your dinners arrive about five minutes after you order. Disney should be ashamed serving that food not to mention the insane price for said mush.:nono:

lawgirl
01-29-2013, 06:04 PM
I've never really had a bad food experience at Disney. I haven't been to alot of the ones mentioned above, but I'll stay away from what everyone's saying.

Just curious, when people talk about bad service and experiences, what all are you talking about? Have the servers been outright rude to you? Or just generally acting like they don't care? I'm just curious. I hope we never have a bad experience, and so far we've done really well.

SBETigg
01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
I've never really had a bad food experience at Disney. I haven't been to alot of the ones mentioned above, but I'll stay away from what everyone's saying.

Just curious, when people talk about bad service and experiences, what all are you talking about? Have the servers been outright rude to you? Or just generally acting like they don't care? I'm just curious. I hope we never have a bad experience, and so far we've done really well.

I''m glad you've never had one, but I think people are being genuine when they mention bad experiences and not simply expecting too much.

In my Coral Reef dinner, we waited forty minutes to be seated. Then, a half hour to order. No apologies from server. Then, my daughter's chicken and husband's steak were both served rare. Not a real issue with the steak, since it was supposed to be medium, but my husband doesn't like rare and since rare is inedible for chicken and we were sending back the chicken, we sent both entrees back.

But, the server didn't take the other two meals back to be warmed. So either some of us ate and then waited for the other two to eat, or we waited and let our meals get cold while waiting for the other two meals. The steak and chicken took 55 minutes to come back to the table. By that time, the rest of the food was cold and terrible (though, yeah, we could have eaten instead of being polite and waiting for everyone). And the server never apologized once. By then, we had been there over three hours and we were tired, but I asked to speak with a manager anyway.

The server was rude about getting the manager. The manager came to the table and yelled at us for requesting to speak with him, never apologized, and insinuated we were after a free meal. By that time, even my mild-mannered husband was furious. One simple apology would have been nice. I understand that things can go wrong and places can get busy, but this was unacceptably horrible customer service and they served my daughter (8 years old) unsafe to eat chicken. It was the most terrible restaurant experience I've ever had.

lawgirl
01-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Wow!!! That is awful. I cannot believe the manager acted that way. Were you able to complain to Disney Customer relations? That is ridiculous!!

I guess we've been extremely lucky. I hope we never have to deal with a situation like that!

phillydan
02-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Interesting thread, since some of the worst in my book are other's favorites. Just shows that it comes down to each person's perspective and opinion.

On our first trip, O'Hana and SciFi were our absolute faves; second trip, both were awful (undercooked food, menu changes, etc).

I decided to give Sci Fi another shot this past year and it was back in the good column again.

Things can change over time....

megustamex
02-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Chef Mickey's for lunch. It was the worst food ever. A very sad buffet - selection, temperature, taste were all terrible. It reminded me of a bad all-inclusive resort. That said, the characters were amazing and visited us over and over since we were there for a very late lunch and there weren't many people in the restaurant. But the food was completely inedible.

SandmanGStefani24
02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
yikes, I could almost guess who was going to be on this list before I read it. And now I can't believe how one sided it is! It seems to be the same 2 or 3 restaurants every time one of these posts is started. You would think WDW would have caught on that some of their eateries are sub par, or lacking in places. I say, send in Gordon Ramsay or Robert Irvine and get em fixed or close them down!
:sam:

I'll vote one, since it's tecnically "on property" being near the All Stars. The McDonalds on All Star road. (I know that's probably not the name of the road but you get the point) I ate there the first time I stayed at an All Star to save a few bucks, but that was before the MASSIVE price hike. A combo meal is around $10, and most sandwiches/burgers by themselves are around $6-7. There is NO dollar menu, either. I walked in there the last time I went, and actually took a picture of the menu sign to show people bc it was that outrageous. It was a ghost town in there too. Wonder why?? There's no way they can afford to stay open running that way. Unless they get realistic, never again...

Kenny1113
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
...And the server never apologized once. ...never apologized, and insinuated we were after a free meal. By that time, even my mild-mannered husband was furious. One simple apology would have been nice. I understand that things can go wrong and places can get busy, but this was unacceptably horrible customer service....

I think that's the key. And why we will never go back to kouzzina-no apologizes for horrible service.

If they can't apologize for their bad service, it means they don't recognize it and there will not be an improvement. I can understand if you catch a place on a bad day, and they apologize. In that case then I will give that restaurant a second chance.

MNNHFLTX
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Interesting to read everyone's responses. I've only eaten at Hollywood and Vine once, but really enjoyed the food there (although yes, it's kind of a noisy place).

My least favorite place is Ohana, believe it or not. Not a huge fan of all the meat they serve, but it's the service that gets the lowest marks. Thinking it was just a fluke that happened at dinner time, some friends and I went for breakfast a year or so ago and the service was pretty bad then too. First they seated us at a table that had the bright sun shining in, literally blinding us. Then after we asked to be moved to a table with less glare, the server was practically non-existent. Of course, he was a bit distracted after he accidentally dumped drinks all over the people at the table next to us. All in all, not the best meal.

PlutoPlanet
02-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Tony's!!! Disgusting microwaved food. Pasta was mush. They try to move you in and out like cattle. It's a real bad sign when your dinners arrive about five minutes after you order. Disney should be ashamed serving that food not to mention the insane price for said mush.:nono:

Agree with your choice of Tony's. The Italian places in EPCOT are better.

Lindsey310
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Whispering canyon cafe at the wilderness lodge. Hair in our food and bad service :ack::ack:

Disney1977
02-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Another vote for Hollywood and Vine. The food was terrible and the place was dirty. My kids ate soft serve for dinner that night. Never again.

FLKatie912
02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
I think that with dining in general (in and out of Disney) there are going to be mixed reviews for everything. Sometimes there is a situation that will warrant a NEVER return. I can't say that I've been that appalled that I will never return and I have never gotten sick (which I am grateful for!).

I can say that I HATE the service at Beaches and Cream. It's consistency horrible. I return because I love the atmosphere and food.

I am going to throw in some support for Hollywood and Vine. I have never had a bad meal there, but I haven't only started to try it in the past year. I do know that they have gotten a new chef within the past year and I've even seen improvement in the past year! They are always changing the buffet offerings, so I highly recommend giving it another try!

In another thought, I do feel like there are quite a few servers at Disney who just don't care because they don't have to. Most Disney restaurants are booked most of the night, so they know their tables are going to be full and they know that people will tip because it's vacation. It's disheartening.

My2Sons
02-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi there! I have to agree that Hollywood and Vine is my least favorite. The food was yucky and our waitress was clueless. We always try to give the server a fair chance as I am sure it is a tough job and dealing with the public is always challenging. However, this particular waitress seemed to have no idea what she was doing. And it's a buffet - so how hard could it be?

We like 'Ohana. We used to love it, then it went down, but it seems to be on the upswing. I have a son with a serious food allergy, and he cannot eat the family dessert. The chef came out and spoke to us, and made my son the most awesome personal dessert and delivered it right to him. It was such a cool dessert that my non-allergic son was kind of jealous! (but still very happy for his little bro.) Great, great service there.

I also do not like the Biergarten. My husband liked it and wants me to give it another shot, and I probably should. They sat us at the same table as another family (who we did not know) and the members of the other family were fighting with each other the entire time. It really kind of put a damper on the experience for me, and so I tend to skip it when making ADRs.

We have had good meals at both CRT (and I have boys!) and 1900. The characters at 1900 were great both times. I also enjoyed the food at both places. As someone else said earlier in this post "different strokes for different folks!"

FLKatie912
02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Interesting thread, since some of the worst in my book are other's favorites. Just shows that it comes down to each person's perspective and opinion.

On our first trip, O'Hana and SciFi were our absolute faves; second trip, both were awful (undercooked food, menu changes, etc).

I decided to give Sci Fi another shot this past year and it was back in the good column again.

Things can change over time....

I totally agree about Sci Fi. It was a family favorite for me until a few years ago and last year tried it again and was pleasantly surprised and now after their latest menu change this winter, I am loving it even more!

WDWParrothead
02-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Rainforest Cafe. Tried it in WDW and DL and was awful at both places. In the words of Rodney Dangerfield, "I've had better food at the ball park!"

MrPeetrie
02-19-2013, 10:13 PM
We'll never again do the Hawaiian Luau. I thought the food was awful!

BhamWriter
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
I would say Victoria and Albert's. I was expecting a 5-star experience, but would rate it at no more than 4.99. My soup was at least 3 degrees below its optimal temperature (according to the thermometer I take with me to measure such things). It was also obvious my Kobe beef was from the northern part of the Hyōgo Prefecture when everyone knows the southern part produces the superior cow. Finally, one of my servers had a mole on the back of his neck, too, which nearly caused me to lose my appetite. Yet, Disney still expected me to pay full price for my meal. The nerve.

phlo8810
02-24-2013, 02:37 PM
I've never really had a horrible dinner in WDW, but I would say the luau at Poly was prob the worst. Service was horrible and the food was so-so. Also agree with Tony's. They rushed us in and so fast that it was not enjoyable. And I also have to give a vote to Capn Jacks. I think the menu is horrible and the service was lacking. It has the potential to be a good seafood place but it's like they don't care.

Keneva
02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I like the Poly luau but the food was so-so and since it was outside during Aug, there were a lot of flies that we had to keep shooing away. I think that was the night that I decided to drink as much free wine and beer as I could with dinner to make the evening enjoyable. It worked as we had a great time. The fire twirler was awesome! :beer::marg:

Quadstriker
02-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Worst place to eat is the Pop Century food court at breakfast.

CuteAsMinnie
02-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Le Cellier was so bad from beginning to middle to end our $300+ bill was comped.

St Angel was just gross.

mydisneygirls
02-26-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm surprised by O'Hana's as well...it is our favorite.

I would say the worst would be Chef de France. We enjoyed it here in the past, but this past Sept it was awful (as well as the service) and second would be Whispering Canyon (I wish they'd change it back). These two are definitely off our list.

k10
02-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I didn't care for Raglan Road. Too loud, always a massive wait.

As for quick service, my worst place is in DHS: Sunset Ranch Market. It's so mundane and you feel sorta gross after eating there, especially when you walk around the park and realize there are so many better choices for quick service.

(All this being said, I'd have a LOT to rave about in a thread for places I love to eat in Disney. :mickey:)

Crow
02-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Raglan Rd...had a wait of a half hr or so last trip. but it was one of the best meals for service and food.

Granny Jill A
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
ABC Commissary remains my best of the worst picks for the parks. I do enjoy getting something elsewhere and sliding into a cool, comfortable seat at ABC. Good thing they don't patrol the room checking for contraband food.
:D

Granny Jill A
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I would say Victoria and Albert's. I was expecting a 5-star experience, but would rate it at no more than 4.99. My soup was at least 3 degrees below its optimal temperature (according to the thermometer I take with me to measure such things). It was also obvious my Kobe beef was from the northern part of the Hyōgo Prefecture when everyone knows the southern part produces the superior cow. Finally, one of my servers had a mole on the back of his neck, too, which nearly caused me to lose my appetite. Yet, Disney still expected me to pay full price for my meal. The nerve.

Love your wit.....

Crow
02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Raglan Rd...had a wait of a half hr or so last trip. but it was one of the best meals for service and food.

to clarify RR was one of the best meals my last trip. the worst last trip was Kona, not that it was terrible but everyplace else was so good, the server didnt seem that enthusiastic and the sticky wings were a little disappointing. the Lapu lapu was good

tomatoe pie
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
i have had several at wdw.

chef mickey was really bad several times. if my name was :secret:mickey, i would try to be the best.

citrico's several times. i finally gave up on that one.:( it is very expensive to be bad.

grand floridian cafe on easter sunday was horrible. maybe it was just the special menu food.

also, do not like h&v.

MouseHouser
03-07-2013, 05:39 PM
BhamWriter has no cred with me. I've cooked at many famous establishments, dined at the majority of Disney fine restos, and find myself on an entirely different page than His Cheekiness.

Ms. Mode
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Crystal Palace...AWFUL all the way around. The food was worse than a TV dinner (which some of them can be quite good) and the service was pitiful; it would have saved the day if the characters had ever made it to our table...but NO! We sat there for over an hour and they took a break right before they made it to us, we were DONE!

The Horned King
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Yet another vote for Hollywood & Vine. Won't be going there willingly for a while...

DCDisney
03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Was at Garden Grill last weekend. Food was very undercooked and cold. Asked for a repeat serving, had the same problem. Server just shrugged his shoulders and said "that's the way it is". Only offered 1 vegetable, squash/zucchini mix. I had to beg for children's menu item, broccoli. Desert used to be a hot apple crisp that was served in a hot skillet. Now it's a very plain pound cake, also served in a skillet but it too was cold. GG used to be one of my favorites, but no more ! :mad:

AvonleaCF
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Haven't a had a bad meal/experience at a sit-down! *knocks on wood.* But a lot of places listed in this thread I've never been to. I also stick to my favs each time. I almost always go to Boma, Biergarten, Cape May Cafe, and 50's Prime and love them. Been to Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner once with a fantastic meal & service.

There are a bunch of counter services I'd probably never go to again, but more because I think there are better ones close by. Like, for my tastes, I'd never go to Electric Umbrella again with Sunshine Seasons in Future World. Just like I wouldn't go to the counter service at American Adventures cause I'd rather sample something else in the World Showcase (like Morocco or Fish & Chips in UK). But I don't think they're bad; I'd just rather not eat there.

Same with the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown. I read rave reviews here years ago so it was on the "must" list, but thought it fell short. I'd rather go to Wolfgang Puck Express next door if I want counter services at DD.

etibbetts
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
My worst was Columbia Harbor House. My family tried it after reading so many good reviews, but it was awful. Being from New England we should have known better. The lobster roll was pretty much just a mayo roll. Frozen fishsticks pretty much sums up the fish meal. The only good part was the apple crisp. I will not ever go there again.

garthbarth1
03-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Worst ever has to be Mexico for us! I can't remember the name?? It used to be a must-go to place for us, now even the beautiful scenery and the volcano/boat ride charm can't even lure us back in!:ack::ack:

azcavalier
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM
BhamWriter has no cred with me. I've cooked at many famous establishments, dined at the majority of Disney fine restos, and find myself on an entirely different page than His Cheekiness.

You do realize that his whole post was a joke, right?

As for me, nothing can top the ABC Commissary for worst food on property.

PlutoPlanet
03-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Love your wit.....

Yup, good post.

terri110874
03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
I would say Hollywood and Vine. Last 2 times we went we have gotten sick within 15 mins of leaving there.

BhamWriter
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM

I'll have you know I have no cred with persons far more numerous than yourself. And, I have full confidence that I'd lack cred with even more should they know me.

Sneaky Pete
03-27-2013, 12:16 PM
absolutely banned. To be brutally honest, I find most all of the food at Disney to be just tolerable so I tend to favor places with the best atmosphere and have low expectations for the food. And I go in with the attitude of expecting a crowd and long wait. With that said, some are worst than others.

I love the Sci-Fi atmosphere but the food is just really bad. Also, they apparently can't serve a basic diet coke there. I've probably ordered and re-ordered 8-10 cokes from there and each one is a cherry coke.

My favorite restaurant is Liberty Tree but my 7 yr. old DD barfed :ack: right in the middle of our meal so she can no longer eat anything there.

I feel like I'm committing child abuse each time I see one of my kids eating a chicken nugget. They always look terrible.

Now that I think of it, there is one way place I would never eat again: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. We tried a meal there with the princesses and it was horrible and my family basically couldn't eat anything. The food might have been great but Norwegian food apparently wasn't our cup of tea.

#1donaldfan
03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
My worst EVER was San Angel Inn. I still love going in there, the atmosphere is incredible, but the food....NEVER AGAIN !!! :sick:

meldan98
03-27-2013, 06:05 PM
My least favorite and most disgusting food I have ever eaten, even outside of WDW...

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

By far the most disgusting food ever! Whoever thought pickled fish is food that should be served in a theme park has got to be loony! My dad wanted to "try something different" one trip and made us eat there. I felt horrible the rest of the day and burping pickled fish all day was very unpleasant. Even with the distraction of princesses, I think that there is no way in any world my kids would eat there.

:ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

EeyoresBestFriend
03-28-2013, 11:30 AM

:funny: LOVE IT!!

Sometimes the nit picking makes me start to think like you wrote here . . . . :D

AvonleaCF
03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
I forgot one! Turkey Legs! Not that they're necessarily bad, but now that I've had one, I don't ever need to get another.

mom2morgan
03-30-2013, 07:14 PM
My least favorite and most disgusting food I have ever eaten, even outside of WDW...

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

By far the most disgusting food ever! Whoever thought pickled fish is food that should be served in a theme park has got to be loony! :ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

My husband and inlaws would. As would most Danes, Swedes and Norwegians I know. Perhaps people wouldn't find the food "disgusting" if they googled what kind of food is representative of the cultures being featured in World Showcase restaurants, and avoided the ones that didn't appeal. I will say, though - that I didn't care for Akershus all that much myself because I found things poorly prepared and dry from sitting on the buffet. It was much better years ago before the princesses took over full time!

DisneyWFan
03-30-2013, 07:53 PM

The worst experience we ever had was when my husband & I went to LeCellier & he requested the tomato stack with no blue cheese when it came to the table with blue cheese on it we mentioned to the waitress that we asked for no blue cheese she replied ok. She litteraly took it out back wiped or scraped off the blue cheese & brought it right back claiming she had grabbed the wrong one untill I called her out on the blue cheese that she missed when she cleaned it off. I probably should have asked for the manager at that point but she did go back & get a properly prepared one so I let it go but that is probably the last time I will ever go to LeCellier

taleasoldastime
03-31-2013, 12:30 AM
I had the macaroni and cheese hotdog from the restaurant in dino land (i am blanking on the name). I knew it wouldnt be delicious. I might have liked it when I was a child but now, I can feel my arteries clogging just talking about it. I ordered it on the grounds of thinking "are they serious? I have to say I've done this. That is crazy!" It sounds revolting, and let me say, It is as horrible as it sounds!

At least I knew what I was getting myself into! I am just restating what we already know!

Ed
03-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Ours is Capt Jacks at Downtown Disney.

The food was terrible as well as the service.

The some of food had been sitting on a steam table in the kitchen. I was able to see this from where we were seated. :ack:

The staff was fighting between themselves and the servers were just standing around doing nothing for the guests.:mad:

Cap'n Jacks. We ate there in March, and we won't be visiting there again anytime soon. The service was meh, and the food was bland. My 2 year old wanted another piece of corn on the cob, so our waitress said we'd have to pay for it. Fine. We weren't expecting it for free. That being said we paid $5 for a small piece of corn on the cob that was still frozen.

^^^^:ditto: to both of the above. ^^^^

We tried them twice. First time, the whole place had a weird odor, similar to rancid cooking oil, and the fish we ordered was mushy to the point of almost being a pool of liquid on the plate. We wrote it off as being just a bad day.

Tried them again about a year later. Still just as bad. :sick:

The good news is that I read that when Downtown Disney is transformed into Disney Springs over the next few years, Cap'n Jacks is history.

disneylovinmom
03-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Hollywood Brown Derby was the sickest thing I have ever experienced. The salad looked like it had already been eaten and not tolerated if you know what I mean.:sick: Also Bongos was terrible. The service was really bad and the food tasted awful.

PlutoPlanet
04-02-2013, 12:55 PM
I forgot one! Turkey Legs! Not that they're necessarily bad, but now that I've had one, I don't ever need to get another.

Me too. Too many tendons.

joonyer
04-02-2013, 01:05 PM
The McDonald's near All-star resorts. The food was just ordinary, just exactly like every other McDonald's everywhere. I can't believe they wouldn't make it extra special seeing as how it's located in the magic of Disney World. Don't they realize that WDW guests have high expectations for food quality and service? ;)

thrillme
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
To me...none of it is "fantastic" BUT the absolute worse we ever had was at Coronodo Springs "marketplace". OMG I had the chicken fettucini...and the chicken was so tough it was like shoe leather. We didn't make "ADRs" for one night and had to eat there again or starve (starving would have been a better option)...My steak was so "fatty" I think I got about 3 bites of it and it was horridly overcooked...and the baked potato was like rubber. I will starve next time. :ack:

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
H&V with so many others. Food was either tasteless or nasty. Veggies were mush. Server acted like he had better things to do that night.

Also was not impressed with LTT. The food there wasn't even as good as I would expect from the local family restaurant. But way more expensive.

In general I just don't think the food at WDW is as good as it was 15 - 20 yrs ago.

And now that the servers know the tip is fixed in many instances the level of service has dropped a LOT. IMHO.

SandmanGStefani24
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM

never had one, but the sight of people gnawing on them in the hot sun for hours with it smeared all over their arm and face is just gross to me.

The McDonald's near All-star resorts. The food was just ordinary, just exactly like every other McDonald's everywhere. I can't believe they wouldn't make it extra special seeing as how it's located in the magic of Disney World. Don't they realize that WDW guests have high expectations for food quality and service? ;)

I've had my say on this one, but have to chime in again. The food is ok, but there is NO reason to price a big mac at $6.99 and a combo at $9.99. It's a blatant money grab and uncalled for. The sight of the always near empty parking lot makes me grin a bit every time I pass it. :darth:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
04-08-2013, 01:45 PM
never had one, but the sight of people gnawing on them in the hot sun for hours with it smeared all over their arm and face is just gross to me.

Im glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Rhetoric2000
04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
I have also been among those who have noticed the decline, possibly attributable to the dining plan, possibly not, that has broadly taken place over the last 20 years or so. Some of the restaurants IMO it must be said have really kept up the standard - Artists Point, Brown Derby, all the Grand Floridian Restaurants, Le Cellier, Kona Cafe, Biergarten - albeit with drastically increased prices.

As for the very worst. Well, at varying ends of the price spectrum I'd say:

ABC Commissary - I've not looked over the whole of this post, but I'd be astonished if it hasn't been mentioned multiple times already. Comfortably the worst CS in what is already the worst Park for CS.

Hollywood and Vine - "Generic Buffet" should spell the way for a reasonable value stop for a shoe family. This however is very, very, poor. As with the above I'd be surprised if this hasn't already come up a lot in this thread.

Cape May Cafe - Really like the idea of Cape May. The atmosphere should be lovely, the food light and subtle. Neither of those is the case,the fish and seafood which are the the selling point are generally overcooked in bland sauces and there is a pile of stodge that shouldn't be there.

ESPN Cafe - Heaps of great sports bars in the area, from chains to independents. This is none of them.

Mike96
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
1900 Park Fare for us....

Food was so-so and the wait was too much for our kids to handle. We had ADR's but the wait was still over 30 minutes for some reason. Just wasn't as "Magical" as other places we have been too.

PlutoPlanet
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Cape May Cafe - Really like the idea of Cape May. The atmosphere should be lovely, the food light and subtle. Neither of those is the case,the fish and seafood which are the the selling point are generally overcooked in bland sauces and there is a pile of stodge that shouldn't be there.

Agree with your post. We gave up on Cape May after having eaten there 4 years in a row.

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2013, 08:41 PM
ABC Commissary was as close to inedible as I've EVER come across :ack:

Also, not a big fan of Crystal Palace.

eandrsmom
04-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Ditto on Hollywood & Vine. Horrible service, dirty restaurant and tasteless food. The only good thing was that my DD4 got to see Little Einsteins.

BhamWriter
04-12-2013, 12:56 PM
In general I just don't think the food at WDW is as good as it was 15 - 20 yrs ago.

I agree and disagree (a sign of intelligence is the inability to make up one's mind). Many years ago, WDW food was renowned for its lack of quality, at least, for the price. Then it improved tremendously. The higher-end restaurants are still very good, such as Artist Point, Jiko, Citricos, and Victoria & Albert's (despite my earlier rant). The means by which I entice my wife to go on another WDW trip to through food. I do wonder, though, if dining plan has diminished the overall quality (I know: this topic has been debated many times).

DisneyGiant
04-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Interesting replies.

I forgot all about my horrible experience with the Ugly Betty burger at the ABC Commissary until someone listed it as the worst......

I agree also in giving places other chances. I am surprised to read that some folks abhor Kouzzina (had nothing but really good food here). Only ate at Ohana once - thought it was great.

Agree with Le Cellier regarding service. We stayed away from it for years - but are going back this year with a party of 13. Wish us luck! :)

I also would like to chime in that our table service experiences in WDW are usually quite positive (Le Cellier aside). Most folks are very friendly & outgoing - if they're not - we're the kind people to try to bring them there. :)

jonahbear2006
04-13-2013, 03:20 PM
hoop dee doo....violent adversion to their food. enough said. :ill:

jonahbear2006
04-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Just curious if you have a "I'm never eating there again" place and why.

Ours is the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. We used to go there at least once a visit to catch a Yankee game & eat - but last year was the final straw. Several in our party got sick from the ribs - and we vowed never again. The food is just that horrible.

I don't think there's another restaurant that we've banned.

What's your experience?

They angered me and my husband something religious! Their management is awful and what a nightmare to get any kind of support or help from them when something goes wrong. When we found out it wasn't related to Disney, we wondered how we ended up there ANYWAYS! But regardless, we will not go back.

jonahbear2006
04-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Now that I have read everyone's submission...

wait times: you are going to have days where this happens. This isnt a very good reason to write a place off, imo, bc it changes from day to day, even hour to hour. We had a day where coral reef made us wait, sopping wet, in a hurricane, for over an hour in their air conditioned lobby. We had a ressie and they were taking walk ins to get people out of the storm. awful service. we were there for 3 hrs but I returned, alone, and had a lovely meal with 2 strangers that I will never forget.

illnesses: I can understand if right after dinner you get food poisoning from either end but if you get sick DURING the meal or TOMORROW, im sorry, you have the stomach flu. It had nothing to do with your food, you wouldve vomited anywho, no matter what you have eaten. It has an incubation period of 3-5 days and turns off and on like a light switch; esp these newer strains that seem to mimick a food poisoned idea.

Mcdonalds:It is mcdonalds. there isnt going to be anything special. as a matter of fact, it is put there to create a sense of familiarity for those who have autistic kids who have to have a chicken nugget RIGHT NOW to papa who will only eat a big mac and fries. If it were a special menu, people would complain. It is a bit more expensive bc the location is hot to trot. Im sure their rent is not the same there as it is on 535 or i4.

Food Quality: I believe that the quality has gone down in the past few years and i attribute it to free dining. If you keep giving something away for free, your marketing team will see it as a loss and budget accordingly. That being said, there are still a lot of great things to eat on Disney's property but you are in the heat and the sun. Most anytime you eat a burger and fries, hot dog with cheese, or anything else Golden in color you are going to feel nasty afterwards.

I can deal with service issues and menu changes and bad waitresses. We have had our share of bad experiences bc waitresses are horrible; like the one we had at chef mickeys our first trip who sighed bc we wanted drinks...its a BUFFET! your only job is to bring us a drink. We went half the meal without drinks and when she finally brought them she also brought the check and refused to take out DDP without Tip already placed inside the book. She then refused to give us a manager, leaving us sit there til we gave up and saved the rest of our vacation. This certainly isnt the restaurants problem that this person is a hoity toity brat and it prob wouldnt happen again.
My point is, try (for the sake of not allowing it to ruin your day or magical vacay) to sift through the categories of what isn't tolerable and what is tolerable based upon what is going on around you and where you are eating and other possible variables that came into play and try to let go of "this place is magic" during dinner because you enter the real world when you are trying to please an entire dining room and all of the attendees digestive tracts.
I will always continue to re-try restaurants, regardless of my feelings that day...unless it just plain leaves me on the toilet for hours at a time. That is not good for me, but what may do that to me might not do that for another person. Things change and despite all of the awful experiences had on this thread, I do really believe that Disney does their best to right things that go wrong.

As for the guy w the wit, that was totally the best post on this thread. my husband has waited tables, as a wdw baby budget for years now and when I read the soup part to him...it was priceless. Waiters love the lady who wants scalding soup. Epic:thumbsup:

I hope Hollywood and Vine isnt gross next time. We really love that restaurant. :(

PrincessJadesMom
04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
The only place that I can think of where we truly did not like the food was Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios.

Maggie T
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Always enjoyed CP but last time for 24 hrs. We lost 15 lbs. using the restrooms. Will not be back. HV food was almost as bad a few years ago so they are history. If a waitress wants to play games I can become just as ignorant and I speak up before the problem gets out of hand, in a nice way of course.

CuteAsMinnie
04-25-2013, 06:55 PM
I''m glad you've never had one, but I think people are being genuine when they mention bad experiences and not simply expecting too much.

In my Coral Reef dinner, we waited forty minutes to be seated. Then, a half hour to order. No apologies from server. Then, my daughter's chicken and husband's steak were both served rare. Not a real issue with the steak, since it was supposed to be medium, but my husband doesn't like rare and since rare is inedible for chicken and we were sending back the chicken, we sent both entrees back.

But, the server didn't take the other two meals back to be warmed. So either some of us ate and then waited for the other two to eat, or we waited and let our meals get cold while waiting for the other two meals. The steak and chicken took 55 minutes to come back to the table. By that time, the rest of the food was cold and terrible (though, yeah, we could have eaten instead of being polite and waiting for everyone). And the server never apologized once. By then, we had been there over three hours and we were tired, but I asked to speak with a manager anyway.

The server was rude about getting the manager. The manager came to the table and yelled at us for requesting to speak with him, never apologized, and insinuated we were after a free meal. By that time, even my mild-mannered husband was furious. One simple apology would have been nice. I understand that things can go wrong and places can get busy, but this was unacceptably horrible customer service and they served my daughter (8 years old) unsafe to eat chicken. It was the most terrible restaurant experience I've ever had.

Our exact experience at Le Cellier until you spoke with the manager. HE comped our $300+ bill. Will never go back.

brivers222
05-07-2013, 02:59 PM
CRT for us.... we gave it a shot for breakfast and dinner in the past. food was AWFUL!

Akershus is a way better option!

minnie04
05-08-2013, 11:03 AM
WOW!! after reading 5 pages of bad restaurants in WDW. Maybe I will reconsider my thoughts on eating on Property. I was hoping to find a great place to eat, but now I’m a little scared. I know it happens to some and not all, but man that’s a lot of unhappy people and a lot of money wasted. Maybe I will just put the money we would be spending on dining to better use like souvenirs. Thanks for this post It’s given me an eye opener on places to stay away from.:mickey:

cer
05-08-2013, 12:21 PM
WOW!! after reading 5 pages of bad restaurants in WDW. Maybe I will reconsider my thoughts on eating on Property. I was hoping to find a great place to eat, but now I’m a little scared. I know it happens to some and not all, but man that’s a lot of unhappy people and a lot of money wasted. Maybe I will just put the money we would be spending on dining to better use like souvenirs. Thanks for this post It’s given me an eye opener on places to stay away from.:mickey:

Please don't reconsider dining on property. You really need to try the places for yourself. Some of my favorite places get negative reviews. I would hate for you to miss out because of a negative review here. :(

minnie04
05-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks Carrie, I will be looking into it for my next trip, but I will keep all these reviews in mind when making a decision.. There were a few that stood out so I might skip even looking into those.. :confused: