PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green help

vamaggie
01-26-2013, 05:30 PM
We are possibly staying at SoG for our next trip but have never before. Can anyone answer a few questions:
1) I know we cannot do the Dining Plan (not a biggie for us) but can we get refillable mugs?
2) If we can't get mugs at SoG, can we buy them at Poly and refill them there?
3) Do they have connecting rooms available?
4) Anyone have recommendations for rooms to suggest so we are not walking from the "hinterlands" as I have heard horror stories about some of the outlaying areas.
5) Any other information/suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!:mickey:

Crow
01-26-2013, 07:28 PM
no refillables. but idk about buying them at Poly since technically you arent staying there. not that they check.
the rooms are pretty good at SOG, more of a deluxe for a mod price. they do have a buffet thats not expensive, but i havent eaten there for a few yrs.
the walk to poly isnt bad. thats what ive done. and u can buy tickets there, the military passes are a good deal.

T-Belle
01-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I love SOG and have stayed several times. Which is why I was surprised recently to find out that they do have refillable mugs. I never knew and found out by reading the chats on SOG facebook page.
Yes, they do have connecting rooms. All rooms, except for the suites, have 2 queen size beds and a love seat pull out. The rooms are large and each have either a patio or balcony.
Your right about some of the rooms being so far away.When you make your reservations request a room in the new wing, close to the elevators. That's what I do. So far, they have been able to honor our request.
I love SOG. And no matter how I crunch the $$$$ numbers~even when Disney is offering free dining, Shades wins everytime for me.

vamaggie
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the helpful responses! :mickey:

pcoleman
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Don't forget Shades of Green has an Aafes store too. Check it out before you buy anything in the parks. I have found the same items and of course no tax. Also, if anyone does pin trading, buy the ones to trade there, they are way cheaper. Ask for rooms around 104. You will be directly between both pools and about half way through the resort. Enjoy your stay.

vamaggie
02-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Don't forget Shades of Green has an Aafes store too. Check it out before you buy anything in the parks. I have found the same items and of course no tax. Also, if anyone does pin trading, buy the ones to trade there, they are way cheaper. Ask for rooms around 104. You will be directly between both pools and about half way through the resort. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks so much! I bought some pins off the internet (for about $.49 each) so we are set with pins to trade. Do you know if they have any specific pins at SoG? WIll check into the room request but really any room at WDW is a good room to me! :thumbsup: Thanks again!!!