PDA

View Full Version : nutrician?

bjn2w
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the nutritional information (i.e. calories) for dining services/restaurants are available somewhere for Disney World eateries? Or will I be able to ask when we get there?

I tried a little Googling and didn't come up with anything useful...

(I lost 65-some pounds in advance of this trip and would really not like to blow it during the 10 days we're there.)

Itchy
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
:welcome: To Intercot..

I would think that you could get information at each of the restuaruants. I am not sure but you may be able to call WDW or go to their web site and click on the guest services at the bottom of the home page and send them a message.

Good luck and congrats on the weight loss.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Disney does not provide calorie counts. They only provide ingredient lists if required (for allergies, etc.)

Use your common sense. Err on the aide of "it probably has more calories than you think" and eat small amounts rather than large meals.

Congratulations on the weight loss too!

BuddyL4
01-25-2013, 07:42 PM
I feel for you. I was just put on an 1800 Calorie diet a couple months ago to fight my diabeties. We have a trip to wdw in August with the DDP so it will be interesting to see how diciplined I can be :thedolls:. I have found good resources on the internet for calorie/carb counting and pocket guides you could carry.

All the best!

VWL Mom
01-26-2013, 05:58 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

Congrats on the weight loss and continued success. I had recently lost 50 pounds before a WDW trip and managed to get through a trip gaining only a few pounds (but I know why :marg::beer::wine:).

They are really good about catering to your needs when it's feasible. They will serve things without sauce or sauce on the side, substitute vegetables for potatoes, etc. If you like dessert each TS has a sugar free option to pick from, if it's not on the menu ask. During the day you can find fruit at some of the stands for a midday snack. You're doing great so take what you've learned with you and you'll be successful!

retiredfigment
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
One trick I try when we are not on the meal plan is to buy the kids meals at QS. There are usually some good choices with smaller portions.

CuteAsMinnie
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Congrats!:thumbsup:

You can watch the fat and sugar in the obvious place using the tools you have thus far.

The big hidden culprit at WDW, IMHO is the SALT. Ask for everything to be prepared (where you can) without added salt. Drink lots of water. This will definitely help. Incidentally it also helps with the swelling most folks get in the heat and humidity.

Enjoy!:D

TinkerbellT421
01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the nutritional information (i.e. calories) for dining services/restaurants are available somewhere for Disney World eateries? Or will I be able to ask when we get there?

I tried a little Googling and didn't come up with anything useful...

(I lost 65-some pounds in advance of this trip and would really not like to blow it during the 10 days we're there.)

First, welcome to intercot!
Secondly, congratulations on the weightless!
Thirdly, do you have a smart phone? I suggest downloading an app called my fitness pal, you can easily type in the food you are wondering what the calorie count would be and it comes up. It will at least give you a general idea if what the calories could be.

Awesome_guy
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
CuteAsMinnie: The big hidden culprit at WDW, IMHO is the SALT. Ask for everything to be prepared (where you can) without added salt. Drink lots of water.

BrerGnat: Use your common sense. Err on the aide of "it probably has more calories than you think" and eat small amounts rather than large meals.

I agree with both these thoughts 1000% I often can't believe how salty WDW meals taste, takes some getting used to and worth mentioning to go easy on it. I think there is probably more calories (sugar, butter, etc.) in many meals than we're used to and more than we'd want to know.

bjn2w
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips. I'm not planning to be crazy strict or anything while there, but thought maybe I could try do so pre-planning. So I appreciate the thoughts. Good ideas about MyFitnessPal and eating kids' meals - I never thought about doing the kids' thing...