PDA

View Full Version : Disney in October?

DizMagic
01-23-2013, 02:09 PM
We are hoping to spend at week at Disney World in October. In the past we have gone the first week in October and return home Columbus Day weekend. We use Columbus Day/Monday as a rest/catchup day before returning to school on Tuesday. This year we're thinking about going a different week. Which week do you think is best in October? Wondering if the crowds are lighter later in the month as opposed to the week around the Columbus Day holiday. Thanks!

Strmchsr
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Crowds are pretty consistent throughout the month with the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP (especially the latter as you get closer to Halloween). Crowds are high around Columbus Day weekend, but they are moderate all of the rest of the month.

epceddie
01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
We love going in October. The weather is nice and the crowds are very manageable. We like to time our visit in the second or third week when there are Halloween parties at the MK. We had such a good time at MNNSHP one trip that we went back two days later for another one. It's also my wife's favorite time of year. She's a big Halloween fan.

BriarRose0708
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
October is my favorite time to visit WDW! I've found crowds to be moderate to moderately light (except in EPCOT on Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday during Food and Wine Fest) and I didn't wait in any lines longer than 25 minutes (which was the posted time, the actual time was usually less) for main e-ticket attractions. I still like to get to parks at opening to ensure I get to do my favorites with a short wait time, but it's not always necessary.

joonyer
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
October is my favorite time of year to visit WDW. Warm days, cool nights, and you can go to Mickey's Halloween party if you like. Crowds are very manageable if you avoid the holiday weekend.

Caroleh
01-23-2013, 08:08 PM
We LOVE WDW in Oct. We usually arrive Columbus Day weekend and go home the following weekend. This year we'll be arriving the day before Columbus Day and staying for 10 days. We've noticed the crowd usually settle down after Columbus Day and pick up again for the weekend.

WhiteRose1
01-24-2013, 07:55 PM
My last two trips have been in Oct. planning my third for this upcoming Oct

First trip started right after columbus day (it's our anniversary - in 2003 we honeymooned in WDW.) - hotels were booked solid, parks were busy but not packed.

Second trip, we wet a bit earlier in the month - park seemed pretty much empty, low crowds, not a lot of lines.

hoping for a repeat of that this time!

hauntedmansiongirl
01-25-2013, 03:02 AM
I agree that the earlier in October the better. In fact, if you can go in September the crowds are even better. Plus you still have the MNSSHP and Food and Wine. Crowds definitely pick up every week leading up to Columbus Day and Halloween.

Have a great time! I love visiting that time of year! :mickey:

mdricks
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I do late Oct every year. Epcot F&W is crowded on weekends. At night world showcase is a zoo. Still a ton of fun for adults with a great party atmosphere. MNSSHP is busy but the mornings at MK are walk ons. The other parks are very nice with short waits. It is my favorite time of year.

:number1:

mrte62
01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
DW & I have done the last week of October/first few days of November the last two years.

W&FF in full swing (although they ran out of the Kolsh beer) weather was nice and the crowds were quite manageable - although seemed busier this year than last.

Halloween time and by 11/2 Christmas was being set up around the world.