PDA

View Full Version : New Pirates Interactive experience announced for Adventureland

Christine
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
From Disney Park Blog:

"Pirates, ahoy!

We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring.

In A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies like the Royal Navy and Captain Barbossa, among others. If guests help Captain Jack succeed in all the missions, they’ll be welcomed as part of his new crew. If not, they’ll face the wrath of the cruel sea – alone.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this new experience."

Stu29573
01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Dear God, make it stop! PLEASE!!!!

Cass&KenziesMom
01-23-2013, 11:21 AM

Look at it this way. Maybe it will keep people off the rides. LOL

DizneyFreak2002
01-23-2013, 11:39 AM

it won't stop... They know nothing else in WDW...

Look at it this way. Maybe it will keep people off the rides. LOL

And it won't keep people off rides.. people go to theme parks for rides, not games they can play at home on PS3 or Wii or Xbox...

AgentC
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
And it won't keep people off rides.. people go to theme parks for rides, not games they can play at home on PS3 or Wii or Xbox...

I think that depends. It wouldn't keep me off rides by myself but my 7 year old would play Sorcerers all day long if I let him.

Caroleh
01-23-2013, 08:03 PM
We like the games, but then again we're older and not into MK's mountains.. Give us Buzz, Monster, Inc, HM, PoC and a few other rides and we're fine. The interactive games at MK keeps us in the park, otherwise we pop in and out during our stay. Playing the games keeps me from shopping for overpriced things I don't need.

kbean
01-24-2013, 05:39 AM
The future of Disney: Interactive games and more simulator rides!

hauntedmansiongirl
01-25-2013, 03:24 AM
This sounds like a great thing to do when the park is a zoo! :mickey:

Jodi
03-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Here is my 2 cents, having these activities is a choice, you choose to do them or not do them. I think kids, of many ages actually enjoy them, including my teenage DD's. For those who go every year this is an exciting addition to the Disney adventures.

Tekneek
03-18-2013, 01:23 PM
While it may keep some out of the attraction queues, I wonder what the impact will be on crowd flow.

Aurora
03-18-2013, 02:30 PM
What's wrong with this? People like the pirate tutorial. If it's lame, people won't do it, and then it will go away. If it's done well, people will have fun and keep doing it. Sounds harmless to me.

Besides, it couldn't be worse than my brother doing the (paid) treasure chest scavenger hunt on Discovery Island about 30 years ago. When they finally found the treasure chest, what was inside? Snacks and orange juice. Talk about letting down an 8-year-old boy. :D

DizneyRox
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
These must be similar to the games on board the new ships. My little one loved them, he was upset they only had two different games to play.

The problem is, there were lines on the ships, and only a few thousand people. Without a massive amount of kiosks, I can't imagine the lines would be shorter at the parks, and then what's the fun is seeing 10 people in front of you do the same thing. Maybe the games are much more diverse

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
It sounds similar to the thingy they have in Epcot. Used to be called Kim Impossible or whatever, what is it called now? I am completely drawing a blank, somebody help! lol Anyway....

Except it will involve a map instead of a phone? Maybe? Am I off base?

Sounds cute, I might try it once, just to say I tried it. That's what we did with the Kim thing, tried it, got annoyed, never did it again. I can see the draw with a lot of kids liking it. Only thing I hate about those things is when the phone starts talking people come to a complete dead stop while they are walking completely oblivious to the fact that people are about to ram into them. That's the only thing that can be frustrating.

DANAM
03-22-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure how excited my DH and I are about this but my DS and DD are thrilled. The love sorcerer's so I'm sure this will be right up there alley.