PDA

View Full Version : How is Chef Mickey's for dinner?

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Trying to figure out something new and fun to try for dinner options this trip (April with our 3 YO son). We did Ohana brunch last time, and loved it. This time I would love a new dinner place, not in the parks. I'm thinking about Chef Mickey's. I've heard it's expensive, and the quality has gone down, that the service is rushed, food not great, etc...

Can anyone give me some recent feedback for CMs? Did you enjoy it? How much is it for 2 adults, and our son is not 3 until June, so I assume he can still eat free from our plates.

Thanks so much!

Itchy
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I have eaten at Chef Mickey a number of times. I feel that the food is ok, you have a lot of choices since it is a buffet. If your young one is into meeting Mickey I would say do it. If all that matters is characters I would try Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom. I think that the food was better there. It is a buffet as well. The characters are Winne the Pooh and friends. No Mickey.

They are both about the same price and yes it can be pricey. Off the top of my head it would be about $70 to $80 for the three of you. That is just a guess though.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your input! He does love Mickey, so I think it would be worth it. If it was only $80 total, I'd be ok with that. Does anyone know for sure how much it is per person?

Strmchsr
01-22-2013, 07:10 PM
It depends on when you're going, but the evening buffet is $41.53-$45.79 for adults (that includes tax).

IMO the food is "meh" but my boys have always enjoyed seeing Mickey and the gang. The atmosphere is fun even if the food is so-so, but it's gotten more expensive and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that kind of money just to see Mickey any more.

Airblue1
01-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Characters were AWESOME
Food was OK
Price was high