PDA

View Full Version : Best DD dining option with a 3 YO?

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
We have 1 day that we are just planning on staying at our hotel and enjoying the pool and grounds.

That night, I thought it would be fun to go out somewhere other than the hotel (even though I adore Sanaa and Jiko and Boma), and it won't be in a park.

I thought DD would be fun. What are your favorite places, and do you have other recommendations for other resort dining as well? Just trying to find something new and fun for my 3 YO son. We might end up taking him to explore AoA resort and just do the food court there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Ohana's at the Poly is really good...with a three year old he might also enjoy Chef Mickey's character dinner at the Contemporary...my son enjoyed playing with the Lego's outside the Lego store at DD at that age, I think there is also a little train they can ride. I believe there is also a toy store in the Marketplace and we also enjoy World of Disney.

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I had thought about Chef Mickey's. I've heard it's expensive, and that the quality has really gone down. I've never been there myself, and would like to try it.

Maybe I should start a new post about experiences there.

Good ideas!

Kairi_7378
01-22-2013, 07:51 PM
In DD, I'd consider Wolfgang Puck's or Raglan Road.

As for other resort dining, I'd recommend Kouzzina at the Boardwalk. Kona is a nice option if you want to explore the Poly and can't get into O'hana. Maybe you could watch the fireworks from the beach that night.

Pirate Granny
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Honestly he'll love A of A...the food court is great too!

VWL Mom
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
If your thinking DTD, how about TRex? When my boys were that age you couldn't walk barefoot in my house without stepping on plastic dinosaurs!

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
If your thinking DTD, how about TRex? When my boys were that age you couldn't walk barefoot in my house without stepping on plastic dinosaurs!

He does like dinosaurs, but I've been checking, and so far the only thing available is 9:30 pm, and that's way too late for him. I'll keep checking, because it looks like a really fun place!

lawgirl
01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Honestly he'll love A of A...the food court is great too!

Yes, we went this past September and spent the afternoon there and he went NUTS! He loves Cars, and we literally had to carry him away. I was also impressed with the food court there as well, and I'm thinking this might be our best bet. My husband was attending a conference, and so he hasn't been yet. I think it would be a very fun, and fairly inexpensive evening!

ANG
01-22-2013, 08:44 PM
We love Ohana and Chef Mickey's

VWL Mom
01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
He does like dinosaurs, but I've been checking, and so far the only thing available is 9:30 pm, and that's way too late for him. I'll keep checking, because it looks like a really fun place!

I remember a post that said people were having better luck calling the restaurant directly. Don't know if that still applies but it's worth a try.

shev
02-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Just called T-Rex and got 5pm ressies for next Sunday. It always seems so much better to call them direct.

lawgirl
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Just called T-Rex and got 5pm ressies for next Sunday. It always seems so much better to call them direct.

Oh wow. That's good luck! I went ahead and booked Ohana for dinner that night. I thought maybe we might be able to watch the water pageant and the fireworks after dinner. Hopefully we'll get to TRex next time!