PDA

View Full Version : Planning trip with 22 mo. old

buttercup5282
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
My husband and I have been to WDW a few times over the past 10 years, but never with a small child. We are starting to plan a trip with our 22 mo. old daughter. We are interested in staying in a value or moderate resort. Which resort do you recommend and why?
We'd like to plan a few meals while we're there, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Airblue1
01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
We took our daughter for her 1st bday and back again at 20 months. She loves character meals. Chef Mickey, Tusker House were her favorites. I would stay Moderate, we loved Port Orleans. Staying on property u really can't go wrong!
Great luck and enjoy'

Butters
01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
We took our DD when she was 18 months and again when she was 27 months(with a 6 week old brother)

I would stay moderate we found the busses easier to manage. She was really into Pooh the first trip and loved the crystal palace, this last trip she really liked 1900 park fare, and Arkshures (loves the princesses now)

Enjoy yourself, use rider swap, and hopefully she naps in the stroller and it'll be a nice relaxing trip for you!

buttercup5282
01-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the advice! I too think the moderate resorts offer the best options for what we are looking for during this trip.

SugarMagnolia
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
We took our grandson at 10 months and 22 months. He was able to ride a lot of the rides and he LOVED it both times.

We like Port Orleans Riverside (they have the royal rooms), but you might also consider Port Orleans French Quarter for it's small size or Caribbean Beach (they have pirate rooms)- it has a fenced-in kiddie pool.

We don't plan many sit down meals because it's hard to get our grandson to sit in a restaurant for any length of time. We do mostly quick service meals.