PDA

View Full Version : Kidani Village

DisneyDude1977
01-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi! My wife and I are taking our 3 year old to Kidani Village in June for her birthday, and I was hoping to get some "insider" information from any who have stayed there in the past. Thanks in advance.

AgentC
01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
We stayed in Kidani last April for my daughter's 4th birthday.

Off the top of my head

-Check the activity list. There are lots of fun activities for little ones that take place at both Kidani and Jambo. If she doesn't mind loud noises the music ones are fun.
-Don't miss the water play area.It is lots of fun with dumping water buckets, misters, water cannons etc.
-Talk to the African cast members. They have great stories.
-There are multiple places to view animals at both resorts. Check them all out.
-Two things we always do is the smores campfire (by the pool) and the storytelling by the fire pit (available at both resorts near the lobbies)
-check out the artwork

Kidani does not have a quick serve or a sit down but there is small store with snacks and some food. You can also get room service and food is available at the pool. You can walk, drive or take the bus to Jambo to eat there.

Enjoy. We found Kidani to be a beautiful peaceful resort.

chefmickey3
01-21-2013, 11:19 AM
We stayed at Kidani Village for the first time in October. We are excited to go back in July! My youngest is 6 so slightly older than your child. There is an incredible kids play area that is age appropriate for your little one. Be sure to schedule some time to play there. The pool parties can be fun too and take place every afternoon.All of the deluxe resorts have great activites for preschoolers. We have never regretted taken part in these activities when the kids were younger. Also, take time to enjoy the artwork throughout the resort. My kids love to read the information about each of the pieces. It sparked some great conversation - especially when I had to explain fertility to my nine year old! (Many of the dances and the artifacts were to bring either rain or fertility!) Lastly, spend time watching the animals. Whether from your balcony or the lobby a child can do it for hours! When we are at Kidani we forget that we are in Disney World. It is as much an attraction as any of the parks.

lawgirl
01-21-2013, 12:51 PM
AKL is our all-time favorite hotel, and we've stayed at both the Jambo House (many times) and twice at Kidani. They are just the best!!

My 2 YO son LOVED the splash water area at Kidani. We could have spent probably most of the day there, and in fact, are planning to spend a day just hanging out at the pool area and the hotel when we go in April. There is so much to do at the hotel. My son also loves just walking around the grounds, looking at all of the different African art and the animals, and there is also a great playground at Jambo House near the pool that he loves. And Sanaa is a great restaurant for kids. We ate there last time with our son, and he loved the decor. If you go during the day or before sunset, you can see the animals right outside the window as you dine. We ate dinner and it was dark, but we could still see the zebra sleeping right outside the window.

We absolutely love the AKL villas, and I think its the perfect place for younger kids. Mine love it!

DizneyRox
01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Kidani does have a TS location. It's called Sanaa... No CS location though. It's my favorite resort, nice and quiet. Loads of activities, check the bulletin boards near the lobby.

AgentC
01-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Kidani does have a TS location. It's called Sanaa... No CS location though. It's my favorite resort, nice and quiet. Loads of activities, check the bulletin boards near the lobby.

Oops. Yes it does and I actually ate there. :blush:
It is a great restaurant. Even my picky kids approved.

DisneyDude1977
01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the great info!