PDA

View Full Version : car rental at airport

DisneyFan1979
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
We usually rent a car from Alamo/National at the Orlando airport but currently for our upcoming end of Feb trip, Enterprise seems to be the cheapest right now (we book through Costco). Has anyone had experience renting from them; generally and at the Orlando airport specifically?
Thanks!

Fangorn
01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
I can't speak for the airport location, but in Dec we rented a car from Enterprise and picked it up (or rather they came and picked me up) at the Royal Plaza Hotel (on hotel blvd by Downtown Disney). It was a great experience, and it was cheaper than picking up the car at the airport. I even had an odd situation come up. We were there for my son's wedding and had some extra people come at the last minute and I needed to upgrade the car to a mini-van to accomodate everyone. I just went back to the hotel, and they were able to accomodate me with zero hassle. They were fast, friendly and very courteous. Plus, since we took DME to the hotel and back, we actually had the car for a couple days less than we would have if we had picked the car up at the airport.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Steve

VWL Mom
01-21-2013, 07:06 AM
I just got a great rate with Alamo for March but it took 2 rebookings to get it. Joined their insiders club, using that discount, picking up at MCO and dropping off at WDW care care center. This was only available booking directly on the Alamo site. Saved $150 over returning to airport so I'll book Quicksilver to take me back. Even better than Costco rates.

We were going to use Enterprise through Costco in November but our trip was cancelled.