PDA

View Full Version : September 2013

MargaretMessler
01-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Planning a trip in September this year with a friend. Does anyone know of any "traditional" discount programs (I know not everthing repeats year to year) have been offered in that month, if any? Opinions on what dates would be best? I know the food & wine festival starts in September. Also there has been free DDP late summer-early fall in the past.

Strmchsr
01-20-2013, 09:10 PM
The "free" DDP has been the main package discount for September plus they'll usually have a room only discount of same kind. Generally it's been late August through Sept, never earlier than the last week or two of August. The F&WF starts Sept 27.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-20-2013, 09:44 PM
We've been a number of times in late August, and I would think that early September would even be better - from a crowds point of view.

We've had free dining everytime we've been in August, and there is usually some kind of deal, since it is still hot, we're deep into hurricane season and most people don't want the kids to miss the start of a new school year.

BigRedDad
01-21-2013, 08:29 AM
We got Free Dining with our stay. Crowds are generally a little more than you expect because of it, but definitely not bad. It is also still hot as Hades then though.

E-OR
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
The last 5 years we have gone in September. We will be going down the first week of September this year. In the past we have always had free dining. I have read that free dining may be discontinued though. Even though I love free dining I would be ok with a discount too. We love September. Crowds are low, a bit more rain than other times of the year but usually the normal rain cloud for 10-15 minutes and clear again, humid but tolerable. I have also seen AP discounts too.

Going2HeavenRU
01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Last September we went the week after Labor Day and the free dinning was not offered. The crowds were nice but it was hot and it did rain a couple of days. Not having the free dinning actually kept the TS restaurants from being so crowded. I would go that time again but this time I am going to remember my ponchos :blush:

MargaretMessler
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
In the past we have always had free dining. I have read that free dining may be discontinued though. Even though I love free dining I would be ok with a discount too.

I would actually prefer a room or package discount like they are doing for the spring time this year, and pay for dining OOP, but I'm just hoping to get some kind of deal wherever I can.

faline
01-22-2013, 06:26 PM
I would actually prefer a room or package discount like they are doing for the spring time this year, and pay for dining OOP, but I'm just hoping to get some kind of deal wherever I can.

The best opportunity for you to get any sort deal will be to book with Magical Journeys. They will monitor your reservation and be sure that any available discounts that benefit you and for which your are qualified are applied to your reservation.