PDA

View Full Version : How To Magically Enjoy WDW without your kids

jonahbear2006
01-20-2013, 02:19 PM
My husband and I just returned from our very first trip to WDW without our kids. We always wondered what this would be like and how it would pan out. We had a marvelous time and actually turned it into a game. We jumped with excitement, came home with the best photopass card EVER, and are still jumping in our seats about all the fun we had...So here is what we did...we created a scavenger hunt. There are a couple of things that you have to know Disney a little better than a newbie, in order to fulfill the request, but that is the fun in it all.

The objective is to complete the entire list during one Disney vacation. If you can complete the Entire list before you leave, you will leave with a reward which nobody could hand to you, nor take away,...a feeling of true magic...a feeling of completion and also a big smile. We have found that if you do these things, your trip feels absolutely flawless!
1. High five someone in another tram on the people mover
2. Photo with photo pass cast member
3. All four parks before noon
4. All mountains before noon
5. Beat buzzlightyear
6. Get a Haircut on Main Street
7. Watch the flag ceremony
8. Defeat your villain as a sorcerer
9. Have a conversation w a trash can
10. Acquire a same day reservation to dine
11. Find all 4 signature park mugs and purchase them.
12. Drink/snack around the world at all 11 countries
13. Photo with sorcerer Mickey
14. Find an imagineer
15. Enter Epcot through international gateway
16. Ride all 12 monorails in the fleet
17. Enjoy a dole whip
18. Pin trade with a cast member for a hidden pin (pinned on backwards)
19. Take a ride on one of the few swings at a resort.
20. Watch Wishes from a remote location.
21. Eat a zebra dome.
22. Ride down Main Street in a fire truck or a trolley.
23. Watch a movie underneath the stars.
24. Get fast passes and give them to an unsuspecting family.
25. Use an escalator.
26. Eat free cheese!
27. Walk completely around crescent lake.
28. Tell a little girl to, "have a magical day, princess"
29. Ride front row on rockin roller coaster through single rider line.
30. Play a role on monsters laugh floor.
31. Ride through a resort on Disney transportation.
32. Get a kiss from a Disney princess.
33. Decorate the door of a fellow guests resort room for a magical surprise when they return.

Disneyfun
01-20-2013, 03:18 PM
What a great list! Thank you so much for sharing!

Something that you could add to your list would be to enjoy a Dole Whip at BOTH locations they are served!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a perfectly magical vacation.

DH and I did Disney once with DD, and it was stil just awesome!

SBETigg
01-20-2013, 04:03 PM
We've perfected the art of the Disney Without Kids vacation, having done it a few times now. Part of the fun when we go without kids is to ignore all lists, but this is a good one.

My sister's boyfriend hasn't been to WDW since he was a kid, and she's having a tough time convincing him that he will love it as an adult. I hope he does. I can't imagine welcoming someone who doesn't get it into my family (though I suppose we will, if necessary).

jonahbear2006
01-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Love the Dole Whip suggestion! I actually fulfilled that request but DH didnt. I got there two days early so i meandered around MK just goofing off. When I texted him I was having a pineapple float he said, "You are so mean!" Lol
And To the other response, I have complete faith in the ability of intercotees to convert people into disney lovers. ;)

magicofdisney
01-20-2013, 09:18 PM
I can't imagine welcoming someone who doesn't get it into my family (though I suppose we will, if necessary).

:funny:

On a sad note, my husband is not a Disney fan. I didn't discover this until many years after we were married. Fortunately for him, I love him more than Disney (which is saying a LOT) so I'm gonna keep him, anyway. ;)

Lacy
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun! And I always tell people that Disney is not just for kids and is just as much fun if not more so for adults. I appreciate it in different ways as a parent but not more or less.

What's a zebra dome?

disneylovinmom
01-27-2013, 11:27 AM
My husband and I are going without our daughter in about a year. We are excited! After the year we have had, I can't wait.

disneydeb
01-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Sounds fun! I plan on going to disney with a couple of friends, I could see us doing this!:thumbsup: